Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2008, 04:17   #16
BHPian

now after the fan it seems the circuit called the tcf or tfm or something like that needs to be changed. will cost 30 K. then the ac compressor apparently is damaged on account of overheating so has to be replaced. 30 k.

im shocked beyond imagination. what do i do? where will i get that kind of money? can i try something with the service engineer to go via insurance ?

Thanks
Old 26th September 2008, 05:28   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vij4all View Post
now after the fan it seems the circuit called the tcf or tfm or something like that needs to be changed. will cost 30 K. then the ac compressor apparently is damaged on account of overheating so has to be replaced. 30 k.

im shocked beyond imagination. what do i do? where will i get that kind of money? can i try something with the service engineer to go via insurance ?

Thanks
Why dont you get your car checked at some other workshop/A**? I feel sorry for you, having to run into all this trouble. I've a Fiesta and am aware that Ford spares are expensive, but this sounds like pure murder.

I sincerely hope you will be able to work something out.
Old 26th September 2008, 07:13   #18
BHPian

Write to Ford about your problems and since you are in Chennai they will look into it and get things sorted out.

The AC compressor cannot fail if your car overheats. It has a built I'm safety system which disengages the compressor if it overheats.

A new compressor is 16400Rs.

The fan control circuit can never be so expensive because all it consists of is a few relays and temp probes.
Old 26th September 2008, 08:44   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Vij4all, IMO, you're being had!
Please seek diagnosis elsewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
My Jeep temp goes on the higher side (old engine + new) only if cruising at a constant 80 - 90 kph. The minute you slow down or vary speeds, the needle falls back to healthy zone.
What Jeep? Assuming it is not a Jeep jeep, that is probably because at those speeds the jeep engine is already at high BHP, maybe 80% or more of the rated value. At lower speeds the bhp drops sharply, hence much less heat produced.
Also, possibly the airflow from outside, past the radiator, is restricted. There should not, of course, be a retrofit AC condenser ahead of the radiator! And talking of retrofits, hope that there is no electric fan fitted, running contra to the engine driven radiator fan (yes I've seen this)!
Old 26th September 2008, 09:18   #20
Senior - BHPian

Provided both fans are pushing/pulling air in the same direction, counter rotating fans provide more airflow than two fans rotating in the same direction.
Old 26th September 2008, 09:32   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
My Jeep temp goes on the higher side (old engine + new) only if cruising at a constant 80 - 90 kph. The minute you slow down or vary speeds, the needle falls back to healthy zone.
That is strange !! what is your experience with other cars ?
Old 26th September 2008, 09:57   #22
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks
Write to Ford. Tell them in detail what you have had to face and how bad it is for their image. Write to Autocar. Raise a stink about this.

Two things, firstly - If the diagnosis was correct in the first place, all consequential damage would not have occurred. Therefore they have to bear the consequential damage.
Secondly, I think they are at best plain incompetent, and at worst, ripping you off wholesale. Get an alternative opinion from another workshop.
Old 26th September 2008, 10:49   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
Provided both fans are pushing/pulling air in the same direction, counter rotating fans provide more airflow than two fans rotating in the same direction.
Provided the fans are of the same capacity!
Otherwise, counter running simply derates the system.
And in a sandwich assembly, the results are quite unexpected!
Old 26th September 2008, 11:17   #24
BHPian

Most workshops in chennai are fradulent. They will find whether we know the technical aspects of the car. IF yes they will be careful and IF no, god alone will save the "VICTIM"
Old 26th September 2008, 11:51   #25
BHPian

The Service stations are the Big Culprit. They always wanna see the value for today, they don't wanna business for tomorrow.
As I have heard that all the Service people get Commission on the price of replaced component. So every one in service station will try to change as many component as possible. Thanks to their short attitude.
I think after warranty period we should never turn back to this Service Station Except major one.
Old 26th September 2008, 12:03   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Thanks
Vijay,

Fusion parts are a rip-off, Fusion ownership is not a happy story; unfortunate for a such a great piece of engineering. Your case is more infuriating because of the sloppy work, I know how it feels. I was lucky, my gear box change for my Fusion happened within my warranty time and I got it replaced FOC after creating a scene. Do you have TMP (total maintenance plan)/ warranty, if not, insurance is the way to get your car back on track fast.

From my experience of owning a Fusion, if you are out of warranty, they would not budge. While you parallely process through insruance, you can write to the VP- MKTG and sles of Ford, CC Customer Service, CC Technical head, all Regd. with ack, narrate the sequele of events demand complete reimbursement of all costs, add Rs.1000/- per day for days car was down, whatever you get is a bonus. If you are out of warranty, work a deal with the insurance guy to cover the total cost of repairs.

Wish you luck,

--Ramky
=======
Old 26th September 2008, 14:41   #27
Team-BHP Support

I think the service guys goofed up big time some place, thats why they are replacing one by one the parts and trying to figure out where the actual problem is.

Inform FORD asap and get them to inspect the car! AC compressor will not conk off since any decent HVAC system has a auto cut off for fan failure, also remember that fan was "WORKING" when the AC was ON!
Old 26th September 2008, 14:50   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
I think the service guys goofed up big time some place, thats why they are replacing one by one the parts and trying to figure out where the actual problem is.

Inform FORD asap and get them to inspect the car! AC compressor will not conk off since any decent HVAC system has a auto cut off for fan failure, also remember that fan was "WORKING" when the AC was ON!
I think the Fusion has one of the best A/C's of all automobiles in that range, next to Maruti Esteem as told to me by a reliable garage guy. One of the USP's of original prono. of the Fusion was the powerful A/C, so Ford need to bend backwards to ensure this problem is sorted out ASAP.

==========
Old 27th September 2008, 12:03   #29
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
What Jeep? Assuming it is not a Jeep jeep, that is probably because at those speeds the jeep engine is already at high BHP, maybe 80% or more of the rated value.
It is a Jeep Jeep....my Classic. Problem is the low gearing, it runs at near full rpm (deafening loud) at 90 - 100 kph.

Quote:
Also, possibly the airflow from outside, past the radiator, is restricted. There should not, of course, be a retrofit AC condenser ahead of the radiator!
Yup, my Jeep has the condensor right in front. But zilch overheating in the city. I have seen many non-aircon Classics having their temp go high if cruising at a constant 90 - 100. The minute you vary speeds, the needle drops drastically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashank.A View Post
That is strange !! what is your experience with other cars ?
None of the modern cars.
Old 27th September 2008, 12:11   #30
BHPian

GTO, you said it yourself, if you are running it in top RPMs then its bound to heat up fast. Normal cars would generally be in middle of the taco meter at those speeds
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks