Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2015, 23:27   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Need a salvaged A/C compressor for my Matiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudipt123 View Post
Received quote of 15K from KEETA KAR COOL, Worli- but requires 50% advance as it needs to be sourced from Delhi.

Nowdays you can source through amazon.in as well- but spark compressor not available.

Is 15K an OK price for brand new compressor -or should I go through the retrofittment route?
I got the compressor and evaporator coil changed for 9k along with R12-R134a conversion, but that was 6 years back. I don't remember if the brand was Subros or Sanden in my case - I just remember it was one of the Maruti OEMs.

15k seems a little on the high side, though I'm not sure of the current rates and the specific situation for Spark's model. Also, I'm not sure if Delphi carries a higher tag than Sanden/Subros but considering my 9k was for both parts, the compressor should have been in the range of 6k or so. Again, mine was for a Maruti and hence the dime a dozen scale benefit applies to OEMs and they might be able to price it cheaper.

Do check if any Sanden or Subros unit would suit the Spark.
Old 1st April 2015, 17:21   #32
BHPian

Re: Need a salvaged A/C compressor for my Matiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
I got the compressor and evaporator coil changed for 9k along with R12-R134a conversion, but that was 6 years back. I don't remember if the brand was Subros or Sanden in my case - I just remember it was one of the Maruti OEMs.

15k seems a little on the high side, though I'm not sure of the current rates and the specific situation for Spark's model. Also, I'm not sure if Delphi carries a higher tag than Sanden/Subros but considering my 9k was for both parts, the compressor should have been in the range of 6k or so. Again, mine was for a Maruti and hence the dime a dozen scale benefit applies to OEMs and they might be able to price it cheaper.

Do check if any Sanden or Subros unit would suit the Spark.
Thanks for the update, market price as Informed by the Unicool auto was around 13K, got it for 14.5 K from a source- little pricey but the compressor is genuine and with the hot summers couldn't wait for longer- so went ahead with the purchase. It's Delphi make

Would post pics later. Thanks for the help

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks