Team-BHP - Skoda Laura: Problems & solutions thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   Skoda Laura: Problems & solutions thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/47047-skoda-laura-problems-solutions-thread-37.html)

Hi,
I wanted to know if the Automatic Transmission Fluid (ATF) is supposed to be replaced at 60000 kms. In a Laura DSG? My car is due for service and the online calculator at Skoda's website shows ATF change @ Rs. 7000 + something bucks! I haven't had any problems with the transmission till date and its just been two years and 59000 kms. Should i get the ATF changed?

Hi Anand - Thanks for your message. I had to return to Chennai. So was not able to click pictures. If by condenser you mean the cooling coil which is for the AirCon - I had to replace that 15 days ago and that cost me 16 K plus labour. I have a feeling that when they were replacing that they could have either dislodged or damaged this. : -(

Quote:

Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead (Post 3206244)
Hi,
I wanted to know if the Automatic Transmission Fluid (ATF) is supposed to be replaced at 60000 kms. In a Laura DSG? My car is due for service and the online calculator at Skoda's website shows ATF change @ Rs. 7000 + something bucks! I haven't had any problems with the transmission till date and its just been two years and 59000 kms. Should i get the ATF changed?

Wow, 59000 km in 2 years!
If they recommend to get the ATF replaced at 60000 km, I would say go by it. Why take chances with DSG?

Quote:

Originally Posted by psathya (Post 3206252)
Hi Anand - Thanks for your message. I had to return to Chennai. So was not able to click pictures. If by condenser you mean the cooling coil which is for the AirCon - I had to replace that 15 days ago and that cost me 16 K plus labour. I have a feeling that when they were replacing that they could have either dislodged or damaged this. : -(

Yes, that's the condenser. OK, so condenser costs 16K, here they quoted 27K. Or may be here they "assume" that when condenser gets replaced, radiator MUST get damaged so they include that 9K as well?lol:
With Skoda dealers you never know...

Quote:

Originally Posted by anandpadhye (Post 3206333)
Wow, 59000 km in 2 years! If they recommend to get the ATF replaced at 60000 km, I would say go by it. Why take chances with DSG?

I think i'll go for it. Just the thought of a combined service cost of 20k out of which 13k is only for oils that need to be changed. How should i know that they actually changed it? Will the shifts be smoother? Less vibrations in neutral or some other clues?

Quote:

Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead (Post 3206357)
I think i'll go for it. Just the thought of a combined service cost of 20k out of which 13k is only for oils that need to be changed. How should i know that they actually changed it? Will the shifts be smoother? Less vibrations in neutral or some other clues?

Knowing Skoda, I would say get the ATF changed in front of your eyes and measure the quantity of new ATF they put in (and also verify the specs of the ATF they are using).

Quote:

Originally Posted by anandpadhye (Post 3206374)
Knowing Skoda, I would say get the ATF changed in front of your eyes and measure the quantity of new ATF they put in (and also verify the specs of the ATF they are using).

Frustrating! This is the only reason I am having second thoughts! The fact is they dont let anyone enter the workshop. Last time round they could not understand my request to activate a few features through VCDS hence called me inside and I had to do it. I dont know if they will be willing to change the ATF in front of me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead (Post 3206389)
I dont know if they will be willing to change the ATF in front of me.

What do you mean, you don't know? You KNOW they will not be willing to do it in front of you :D. We all know it. You just be there and oversee it. Let them make noise about your presence. Don't leave the premises unless you are convinced that they really changed the ATF and used the right grade and quantity of the new ATF. Also ask them to "show" you the used ATF and how they recycle it. Lock horns, shout, escalate, ask them for the video footage of the entire work done.

Trust me, it's too good a car to hand over to these thieves.

Quote:

Originally Posted by anandpadhye (Post 3206429)
What do you mean, you don't know? You KNOW they will not be willing to do it in front of you :D. We all know it. You just be there and oversee it. Let them make noise about your presence. Don't leave the premises unless you are convinced that they really changed the ATF and used the right grade and quantity of the new ATF. Also ask them to "show" you the used ATF and how they recycle it. Lock horns, shout, escalate, ask them for the video footage of the entire work done. Trust me, it's too good a car to hand over to these thieves.

Only reason I dont like to fight with them is that always always consistently their replies and actions have got me simply baffled! Hmm i'll really be taking it seriously with them as i am not letting my 7000 bucks go to waste! Thanks for the support :) much appreciated. Yours is a PD Laura i guess? Or is it a CR too?

Quote:

Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead (Post 3206509)
Only reason I dont like to fight with them is that always always consistently their replies and actions have got me simply baffled! Hmm i'll really be taking it seriously with them as i am not letting my 7000 bucks go to waste! Thanks for the support :) much appreciated. Yours is a PD Laura i guess? Or is it a CR too?

Mine is a TSi.
In case you want to have a glimpse of what goes on there, read this post about my engine oil... :Frustrati:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3193104

REVERSE SENSOR MALFUNCTION

My reverse sensor system on my Laura is malfunctioning. When I engage the reverse gear, there is an extended beep(3 secs)after which which there is a neither a display on the in-car screen nor any indicative beep to warn of the distances in the rear while reversing.

I would keen to know if any of you have faced this earlier. If so, how was it fixed and what did it cost?

Is there a DIY fix for this problem?

Thanks

Hi,

Even I was encountered with the same problem With my cruze.

Fix: They have replaced the sensors as it had a problem.

If your car is in a warranty period better get them replaced.

Or

Clean the sensors neatly, because some times during rainy season mud gets accumulated around the sensors which tend to block the waves.

Hi All,
Slightly deviating from the latest discussion around the parking sensor issue that some of you gents have been talking about; apols for that.

I was wondering if anyone has been able to get the following enabled on their Laura TDI Ambient (2010 June period assembly):
(a) Windshield Washer level indicator
(b) Seatbelt Indicator

I was at Giriraj and was trying to get these enabled via the VAS with Imran, but since these options did not show up, I was told that the hardware for these are not installed. Not sure if that seems correct, given these would be standard fitments, just a matter of enabling them.

Also - does anyone know how to enable the "Cornering Lights" via the VAS? I was not able to find it - but then - I may not have been looking at the right menu.

All help is greatly appreciated on the above.

Cheers,
Sanju

Quote:

Originally Posted by Desmodromic (Post 3210873)
REVERSE SENSOR MALFUNCTION

My reverse sensor system on my Laura is malfunctioning. When I engage the reverse gear, there is an extended beep(3 secs)after which which there is a neither a display on the in-car screen nor any indicative beep to warn of the distances in the rear while reversing.

I would keen to know if any of you have faced this earlier. If so, how was it fixed and what did it cost?

Is there a DIY fix for this problem?

Thanks

Not sure if there is a DIY for this, but I too faced a similar problem with the Laura. In my car, the sensor would still work, but the display wouldnt appear, if the audio system is turned off.
The sensor had gone kaput, and had to be replaced.
If your car is still under warranty, it should be done FOC.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SanjuInGgn (Post 3211800)
I was wondering if anyone has been able to get the following enabled on their Laura TDI Ambient (2010 June period assembly):
(a) Windshield Washer level indicator
(b) Seatbelt Indicator

Also - does anyone know how to enable the "Cornering Lights" via the VAS? I was not able to find it - but then - I may not have been looking at the right menu.

These options can be enabled via VAG. Check Akki's thread, or a few pages on the same thread. Check with a local competant mechanic who can get it done for you.

Frustration: Its been a week since my Millenium Motors in Coimbatore placed an order for a radiator for the Laura - Part No 1K0121253. I was told anytime within a week they would get it. I call them a week later and discover that it is still in order and will take another week. Have tried calling Gurudev in Chennai who I understand have the part. Explained to the CS Rep at Gurudev that I was willing to buy the part and take it to Coimbatore (as I am driving down there tomorrow morning) and have it fixed at the authorised service center. Suddenly her response chilled and she tells me she has to check with the stores. I tried calling skoda service toll free number 18002094646 and for some reason the IVR will not take any input from my phone for the choices. Am awaiting the CS Rep's call back. In the meantime Does anyone have a higher contact at Gurudev or Skoda who can help. Cheers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by psathya (Post 3213234)
Frustration: Its been a week since my Millenium Motors in Coimbatore placed an order for a radiator for the Laura - Part No 1K0121253. I was told anytime within a week they would get it. I call them a week later and discover that it is still in order and will take another week. Have tried calling Gurudev in Chennai who I understand have the part. Explained to the CS Rep at Gurudev that I was willing to buy the part and take it to Coimbatore (as I am driving down there tomorrow morning) and have it fixed at the authorised service center. Suddenly her response chilled and she tells me she has to check with the stores. I tried calling skoda service toll free number 18002094646 and for some reason the IVR will not take any input from my phone for the choices. Am awaiting the CS Rep's call back. In the meantime Does anyone have a higher contact at Gurudev or Skoda who can help. Cheers.

Skoda Chennai says they cant help out.:Frustrati