Team-BHP - Skoda Laura: Problems & solutions thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   Skoda Laura: Problems & solutions thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/47047-skoda-laura-problems-solutions-thread-38.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by psathya (Post 3214126)
Skoda Chennai says they cant help out.:Frustrati

Sathya, try writing to someone in Aurangabad. Or call even.
IIRC, Dkaile had shared the contact details on the same thread. Just go a few pages back, and you shall find it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by psathya (Post 3214126)
Skoda Chennai says they cant help out.:Frustrati

Is your car in warranty? If not, contact one of the reputed third party workshops in your city. You could check the TBHP listings for it. They might be able to source a radiator for you (I think the Jetta one would be compatible) and install it.

Hi Guys,

Does any one in Bangalore has access to VCDS for Laura 1.8 TSI? I would like to activate some features on it and have been waiting for a long time to be able to pick up a Hex-CAN cable but have been unable to do so. Would greatly appreciate any help in this!

Thanks

imp!

A series of weird issues with my 2011 Laura Ambiente DSG.

A few weeks back, the dashboard warning light for headlight lamps started flashing intermittently. The thing that befuddled me was that each of the light bulbs (including the indicators) would take turns to go temporarily kaput! The problem would disappear for a day and then come back with a vengeance the next day.

After a lot of head scratching and my spending an entire day at the service center, the service advisor at Vinayak Skoda finally found the culprit. The fuse box was corrupted (fuse partially melted) leading to intermittent contact and much randomness. Thankfully, I had extended warranty and the car arrived a day later.

Pradeep, the helpful service advisor there, also took the opportunity to replace the air-con valve as part of a Skoda "recall campaign".

I go to pickup my car after a couple of days (for them to get the extended warranty paperwork sorted out) and the car wouldn't start! Thinking that some cleaner had run the battery down by playing radio or leaving the A/C on, I jump start the car and drive it home. Thankfully, I did not stop en-route since I could not restart the car after I reached home - the OEM battery apparently had gone belly-up. After cursing the much-abused Mr. Murphy, I bought a new Amaron.

I have to commend Pradeep, the service advisor at Vinayak. He was helpful and always ready to pick up the calls to diagnose stuff remotely. The work from the mechanics and cleaners was more uneven. If you were lucky, you found a conscientious soul who knew what he was doing.

Thought I had laid the Skoda gremlins to rest, but nope...

Hey I hope its appropriate to post this up here, but I wanted to get a clarification. Two days back, my Laura DSG and I met with an accident. It was two wheeler that rammed into the right side, on the highway, i braked early on but the impact caused the wheel to turn left, the car went up a footpath (elevated concrete surface) and there was a huge rock lying there, which has apparently crushed my DSG box from underneath and the car immediately leaked transmission fluid. Initial inspection shows that the gearbox casing has been damaged, mechatronic is completely unrecognisable. Although i have 12 lacs worth of IDV on my car this year, the workshop at Torque Skoda (Ahmedabad) has claimed an estimate of 6.5 lacs, only for the entire Gearbox replacement. I will be getting a full claim as I have a nil depreciation policy. But I am not sure whether the DSG box to replace is that expensive. Anyone else had such an experience where they had to replace the gearbox entirely?

Quote:

Originally Posted by imp! (Post 3215468)
Hi Guys,

Does any one in Bangalore has access to VCDS for Laura 1.8 TSI? I would like to activate some features on it and have been waiting for a long time to be able to pick up a Hex-CAN cable but have been unable to do so. Would greatly appreciate any help in this!

Thanks

imp!

Srry didnt see this. I have a vcds in blr. Let me know in case you are still looking for it.

Hi Friends ,

I am watching this thread from few days; I am about take delivery of new Laura TDI 1.9 MT; I have head lot about modification with software hacks for vehicle upto 2011-2012;
in 2012 there was slight changes in Laura model and trim down some features; I am nut sure if they can be still work with software hacks etc or ratrofitment.

can you guys please update me on what features are missing with old model and newer one , can u user activate those features?
like ,
leave home/follow home headlight
auto locking
seat belt warning
rain sensing wipers
cornering fog lamps

Please let me know what else I can change without voiding warranty of vehicle.

Thanks
Pawandeep

Quote:

Originally Posted by pawandeep (Post 3240912)
Hi Friends ,

I am watching this thread from few days; I am about take delivery of new Laura TDI 1.9 MT; I have head lot about modification with software hacks for vehicle upto 2011-2012;
in 2012 there was slight changes in Laura model and trim down some features; I am nut sure if they can be still work with software hacks etc or ratrofitment.

can you guys please update me on what features are missing with old model and newer one , can u user activate those features?
like ,
auto locking
seat belt warning
rain sensing wipers
cornering fog lamps

Thanks
Pawandeep

Congratulations :) hope you got a greeeat discount on the Laura, being the new Octavia just coming out. Is your spec Ambition or Elegance? If its Elegance, you get all features. Cornering lamps, coming home/leaving home lights can be activated with VCDS. Seat belt warning light is not available in any of the Laura specs as far as i know. Enjoy your new prized possession! Do post some pics.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pawandeep (Post 3240912)
Hi Friends ,

like ,
auto locking
seat belt warning
rain sensing wipers
cornering fog lamps

Thanks
Pawandeep

I think you mean Laura TDI 2.0 MT :)

Rain sensing wipers may not be possible as the sensors are missing in the Ambition variant. All the others you have mentioned should be possible with VCDS cable and software.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Santoshbhat (Post 3241615)
I think you mean Laura TDI 2.0 MT :)

Rain sensing wipers may not be possible as the sensors are missing in the Ambition variant. All the others you have mentioned should be possible with VCDS cable and software.

Thanks Santosh for prompt update. Is there any other feature that is missing in this version which cannot be added without voiding warranty ?

I am getting this vehicle for my Dad, so comfort and safety is my prime objective for getting this vehicle.

I am suppose to get delivery on 6th Oct ; but still have an option to reconsider Cruze; but I am not much confident about build quality if GM ; and Corolla is too under powered.

Please advice ....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar (Post 3212049)
Not sure if there is a DIY for this, but I too faced a similar problem with the Laura. In my car, the sensor would still work, but the display wouldnt appear, if the audio system is turned off.
The sensor had gone kaput, and had to be replaced.
If your car is still under warranty, it should be done FOC.

These options can be enabled via VAG. Check Akki's thread, or a few pages on the same thread. Check with a local competant mechanic who can get it done for you.

Finally got the reverse sensor malfunction problem sorted at Gurudev Motors a week ago, it was just lose wiring that caused the malfunction. Problem was fixed in about 10 minutes. Reverse sensors are working fine at the moment.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Santoshbhat (Post 2424288)
I just installed convex right side ORVM on my Laura. Thanks to jatinganapathy's tip in his thread here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2410066

Hi Santosh.
Any idea if this mirror will fit the 2010 Laura 2.0 TDi Ambiente? Sounds pretty likely, but thought I'd reconfirm...
Also, any India source available?
Thanks in advance for your help!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaykayess (Post 3250693)
Hi Santosh.
Any idea if this mirror will fit the 2010 Laura 2.0 TDi Ambiente? Sounds pretty likely, but thought I'd reconfirm...
Also, any India source available?
Thanks in advance for your help!

2010 Laura is the facelifted version right? Then it will fit. The pre facelift Laura's mirror is a different shape.

I don't know any source in India. You can check ebay.in for any Indian sellers.

The mirror that I have stuck on in 2011 is still hanging on. Honestly I expected it fall off in a few months. But surprisingly it has hung on even after travelling on the worst of roads. I had dabbed on a bit of Feviquick on the double sided tapes. That thing really works!

I must also tell you that the mirror glass, though convex is not of the best quality. Expect some amount of distortion. The shape is a perfect fit though and the convex nature does give much better coverage. Once you are used to it, its hard to go back to flat mirrors.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Santoshbhat (Post 3250762)
2010 Laura is the facelifted version right? Then it will fit. The pre facelift Laura's mirror is a different shape.

I don't know any source in India. You can check ebay.in for any Indian sellers.

The mirror that I have stuck on in 2011 is still hanging on. Honestly I expected it fall off in a few months. But surprisingly it has hung on even after travelling on the worst of roads. I had dabbed on a bit of Feviquick on the double sided tapes. That thing really works!

I got mine (for Laura as well as Yeti) from here - http://www.ebay.in/itm/330667737346 (search from the same seller for the Laura ones)
They are actually sold from UK and are very good quality glass, with almost zero distortion. I stuck them onto the existing mirror with 3M automotive double sided tape and its been almost 2 years now (on my Yeti) and they haven't moved a cm. Before the 3M tape I had tried normal double sided tape which didn't last more than 10 days.
These mirrors really increase the field of view and drastically improve your view of the road.
( I am using RHS mirrors on the Yeti and the Laura with Wide angle, which has a line in between the normal convex part and the high curvature part).
The LHS mirrors on the Laura and the Yeti are kept as OE as they were convex and fine with view - I honestly don't know why Skoda still gives flat mirrors on the Driver side till now, as they are really bad for India traffic.

Regards,
Behemoth

So, akshay1234 managed to activate a bunch of features for me including DRL's on my Laura TSi.

Anyone know what kind of replacement bulbs I can use on them? Was hoping to get a nice, white LED bulb installed in them.