Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2008, 14:03   #16
BHPian

Thanks Pathfinder, live2drive and Guru Ji. I guess, I know what to do now. Will get it settled when I get my alignment done.
Old 15th November 2008, 21:43   #17
BHPian

hey, this is a common problem, usually happens when you get the alignment done and the mechanic then refits the steering because the alignment had turned the steering, better get the steering fitted properly before the tiny lever responsible for shutting the indicator breaks off as happened with my Matiz, and then you will have to get the entire assembly changed.
Old 15th November 2008, 22:36   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
Don't want to steal the thread - but I've a similar problem but its just opposite of Shashank.
In my Zen the indicator auto-return cuts off prematurely before completing the turn. I saw a electrician but he was unable to rectify the problem - can anybody tell me what needs to be checked?
This is no stealing the thread. Relax. It is better to put similar problems in single thread rather than having separate ones.

Again this is a mechanical alignment issue with the steering – get a right mechanic to check and rectify it and not electrician. MASS should be able to do it.
Old 16th November 2008, 05:01   #19
BHPian

the turn light not cutting off auto is very simple. nothing to panic.
i dont know about esteem but these stalk switches are similar on most jap vehicles. I am giving you my experience with ref to a Nissan vehicle.

open the plastic covers which hide the steering column. should be some 5 to 6 screws. now you will see the stalk switches the turn and the wiper stalks, which will be having generally 2 or 4 screws. unscrew these and gently get the stalk switch of indicator out.
spray some WD40 on the inside of the switch that was bound to the steering (there are 2 small nylon clips which should remain a bit out) and these 2 clips should have a spring effect. wipe off any excess wd40. with the turn switch NOT ACTIVATED fit to steering column and fix screws not full tight. activate the turn signal and turn the steering clockwise andticlockwise. the switch will release. fix up and your done.
Old 16th November 2008, 08:47   #20
ECM
BHPian

True and I agree on this line,have seen one guy paying 1.10 Lac for a clutch plate few months back!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
It is a great thing you do not own a Skoda then

If MASS service charges cause you distress, a Skoda repair bill will cause you heart attacks!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks