Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2009, 13:44   #46
Senior - BHPian

heh heh there he goes again. Its fun reading your posts Amit.
Benny leave it man. Naj is getting his issue resolved. Thats all we care about.

Regard,
The FORD FAN BOY (also superbike fan boy, Supercar Fan boy, and a big Safari Fan boy)

Last edited by sammyboy : 13th January 2009 at 13:45.
Old 13th January 2009, 14:08   #47
Senior - BHPian

Honda complete exhaust system costs around Rs30-32 k if i remember right. ( i think if headers are excluded - cost comes down quite substantially )
in fact headers+ cat con is the main cost component of exhaust system

my OHC exhaust started leaking at around the 4th-5th year of ownership ( around 45-50k ) .
But the dealership did do the welding ( cost a bomb though - Rs250 per welding point ). did this 2/3 times. finally exhaust completely gave up and then ...

went for the cheaper option - AUTOMECH FREE FLOW 4X2X1 !

lesson here is :
- no particular manufacturer's spares are anymore expensive in a given segment ( especially the C seg )

- customer definelty needs to be atleast moderately aware of how his car works and what options he has when something goes wrong - ( and not take dealership's words in toto )
Old 13th January 2009, 14:21   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Honda complete exhaust system costs around Rs30-32 k if i remember right. ( i think if headers are excluded - cost comes down quite substantially )
in fact headers+ cat con is the main cost component of exhaust system

my OHC exhaust started leaking at around the 4th-5th year of ownership ( around 45-50k ) .
But the dealership did do the welding ( cost a bomb though - Rs250 per welding point ). did this 2/3 times. finally exhaust completely gave up and then ...

went for the cheaper option - AUTOMECH FREE FLOW 4X2X1 !

lesson here is :
- no particular manufacturer's spares are anymore expensive in a given segment ( especially the C seg )

- customer definelty needs to be atleast moderately aware of how his car works and what options he has when something goes wrong - ( and not take dealership's words in toto )
Fantastic inputs Narayan, was hoping someone could shed more light on how much the spares for other cars cost. I completely agree with your points.
Old 15th January 2009, 12:40   #49
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
If some one does not see why Ford is to blame for above 3 he/she is surely a fanboy /fan girl.
Now that you have gone and called someone that, atleast they have the courage to agree to it. Now, would you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
But you do not wish to address the issue why OP went to a local mechanic
the answer to this question is in question number (2) and (3) above.
Amit, you somehow seem to be under the impression that its only Ford owners who visit the local mechanics. Look around, everyone does... irrespective of make of car.

Narayan has also informed us that its not just Fords which have the rusting issue, as well as the cost which was demanded by Honda for fixing the issue. Enlightened now?
Old 15th January 2009, 14:14   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Now that you have gone and called someone that, atleast they have the courage to agree to it. Now, would you?

Amit, you somehow seem to be under the impression that its only Ford owners who visit the local mechanics. Look around, everyone does... irrespective of make of car.

Narayan has also informed us that its not just Fords which have the rusting issue, as well as the cost which was demanded by Honda for fixing the issue. Enlightened now?
OK I am back after your post. As putting some onus on ford for the 3 points below and justifying negative publicity was not liked here so I was staying away.

As you state I fully agree yes Honda also does it. In fact Honda has done some thing more sinister as I cited before which could have attracted punitive damages in USA but they went Scot free in India and I mentioned it somewhere IIRC the point I was trying to make repetitively is that why a manufacturer should not get the blame and suffer from negative publicity if they make customers suffer be it Ford , Honda or Tata and I fully agree Tata tops the chart. But how misdeeds of Honda or Tata makes is justifiable for Ford ?
All I asked again and again was why Ford is not party to the blame in this whole case specifically for the 3 points in my earlier post. Why citing ford should be censured by ford lovers ?
Only point I am trying to make is that negative publicity for misdeeds of companies and their A.S.S force them not to misguide people in future. In absence of fast customer readdress system and damages awarded by consumer courts not being punitive in nature (unlike in USA) review and word of mouth is only punitive tool in hands of consumer.

PS : The Honda complete exhaust system cost quoted by narayan includes headers and catcon.

In this case no replacement of headers and catcon was required so the estimate given by A.S.S with a statement on behalf of Ford can not be compared with complete honda exhaust system cost and justified.

Last edited by amitk26 : 15th January 2009 at 14:25.
Old 24th March 2009, 20:51   #51

Ford's cost of spares

I happened to enquire with a Ford dealer about alleged high cost of spares of Ford. While he agreed that it used to be the case for IKON till a few years back, (imports being the culprit), things had improved substantially for the Fiesta.
Have no idea whether to accept his response at face value. The presentation he sent me may have been selectively adapted (from Autocar's recent issue) to show things in a favorable light. The comparison is useful, though it probably needs to be taken with a pinch of salt! Long suffering Ford users - please comment.
Cheers

PS: I lopped off a few inessential slides as the file exceeded the limit of 3mb http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/images/icons/icon9.gif
Attached Files
File Type: pdf COO_Autocar_Mar09 [Compatibility Mode].pdf (2.53 MB, 663 views)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks