Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2009, 20:52   #16
BHPian

You can very well check it on your own. Flip the backrest of the rear seat down.....pull the lever you see attatched to the seat (it may be hidden under the dicky mat / rubber in case it's not visible)......lift it up and fold the seat all the way forward.......you'll see a rubber mat with one single wire going inside......slowly pry it open from the sides (it has sticky black adhesive,so watch ur fingers)....there u have it,your fuel pump you can identify the top if you see the pics I've posted earlier.
Old 16th February 2009, 10:42   #17
BHPian

hello all

problem solved.thnx for your inputs.the culprit is the fuel pump assembly plate and its connector
Old 16th February 2009, 11:35   #18
BHPian

Was the expenditure covered in the warranty or you need to shell it out
Old 16th February 2009, 12:21   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka_iitd View Post
Was the expenditure covered in the warranty or you need to shell it out
had to pay Rs.260, labour charge was nil.
Old 8th August 2009, 18:21   #20

I faced this problem today. While doing research I stumbled upon this old thread. Eve is OoW, so have to shell out INR 300 for this tonight.

Anyone else with this problem recently?
Old 10th March 2010, 12:13   #21
Senior - BHPian

well, our Getz got this problem. she's 3yrs old, but the problems started recently. i used to think it was my bike that was leaking fuel. i've been noticing i've been loosing fuel faster than before, which i guess is because of the faulty fuel pump.

guys, could you tell me if the Indiranagar Trident Service center is any good. this one is the nearest to me. don't wanna go back to Advaith anymore. they ignored this problem in the past service, which kinda shows their service quality.
Old 10th March 2010, 13:38   #22
BHPian

We used to have a similar problem in our Fiat Uno 1.2 The issue was with a leaking fuel filter present right near the driver's side inside the engine bay. Each time you put the ignition, the sensor used to start the fuel pump which then got fuel to the Filter. As there was a leak there, we used to get the smell of petrol each time the ignition turned. I am not sure of the structure of the Getz .. but this seemes similar as well
Old 10th March 2010, 14:52   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
well, our Getz got this problem. she's 3yrs old, but the problems started recently. i used to think it was my bike that was leaking fuel. i've been noticing i've been loosing fuel faster than before, which i guess is because of the faulty fuel pump.

guys, could you tell me if the Indiranagar Trident Service center is any good. this one is the nearest to me. don't wanna go back to Advaith anymore. they ignored this problem in the past service, which kinda shows their service quality.
I think they are OK but very busy guys. You need to take an appointment with them. I get my Getz service from Tridentbut from Jaksandra service station. Better get the fuel pump checked in front of your eyes. It will not take more then an hour. Atleast Jaksandra guys are very cooperative as i get my car serviced in front of me. Do you have extended warranty
Old 10th March 2010, 15:04   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka_iitd View Post
I think they are OK but very busy guys. You need to take an appointment with them. I get my Getz service from Tridentbut from Jaksandra service station. Better get the fuel pump checked in front of your eyes. It will not take more then an hour. Atleast Jaksandra guys are very cooperative as i get my car serviced in front of me. Do you have extended warranty
i had, but expired last december
Old 6th April 2010, 23:05   #25
BHPian

i'm victim too

my getz is more than three years old had the same problem.
the only difference is that i didnt get the smell while turing the ignition on instead soon after i turn off the car i got this fuel flooding smell, within a week it became more intense.

Called up my usual service engineer from KUN hyundai. Thankfully he took the car for service right away. Luckily i had my fourth year extended warranty so got this replaced free of cost.
Old 7th April 2010, 11:06   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuhrer View Post
my getz is more than three years old had the same problem.
the only difference is that i didnt get the smell while turing the ignition on instead soon after i turn off the car i got this fuel flooding smell, within a week it became more intense.

Called up my usual service engineer from KUN hyundai. Thankfully he took the car for service right away. Luckily i had my fourth year extended warranty so got this replaced free of cost.
what did they replace/fix? the fuel pump?
Old 7th April 2010, 13:29   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
what did they replace/fix? the fuel pump?
they replaced the fuel pump cap assembly.
thats what the service engineer told me.
i was not able to see the part as i was taken to the reimbursement department.
Old 6th April 2011, 08:36   #28
BHPian

Re: petrol smell coming during ignition in getz

Yesterday my Getz 1.3 was diagnosed exactly with the same problem as described by WasavaTyres at #13. Reason for getting the car checked at KUN Hyundai, ECIL Cross Roads was the puddle of petrol noticed below the parked car, and the strong smell of fuel emanating from the car. When the mat below the rear seat was opened, a small jet of petrol was seen gushing out continuously exactly from the same spot as seen in the photos at #13. The pipe was disconnected to stop the leakage by the KUN fellows. The repair estimate given by KUN-Hyundai was for Rs.5,000/- (Pavan Reddy @ KUN-Hyundai, ECIL 'X' Roads prepared the estimate).

My doubts are:

(1) Isn't the estimate too high?

(2) Isn't the problem of leaking fuel below the passenger-seat serious enough for the company to recall the vehicles & replace the defective part.
Old 11th April 2011, 14:57   #29
BHPian

As a follow up to my earlier post, I may add the following:

Total billed amount in the end was Rs.6,600/-. KUN HYUNDAI was citing discontinuation of Getz 1.3 and the consequent non-availability of spares as the reason for the high billed amount.
Old 13th April 2011, 16:42   #30
BHPian

@kpsv: Is your car the Getz Prime or the earlier Getz? How long did it run? And did you check if this part is covered under extended warranty. I dont think it is right on Hyundai's part to say that stocks are not available as there are many Getz on the road.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks