Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2005, 10:30   #16
BHPian

hey satya i keep as much as petrol in my car i have more than 10 or 15 ltrs in my car everytime even i know that keeping less petrol will f*** up the fuel pump. basically wat i do is wen i fill the petrol on the fully empty or little empty tank i fill 2ltrs petrol in the bottle also so that wen the fuel tank is totally empty i put that petrol in bottle plus 10 or more ltrs from the petrol pump and then carry out the fuel efficiency. the petrol pump here is very near so fill petrol as fast as possible
Old 14th May 2005, 10:39   #17
Senior - BHPian

thats insane man your ruining your engine ..you should never drive on reserve ....all the residue gets pumped into the engine ...with that residual fuel you wlll never get a good mileage anyways ....
Old 14th May 2005, 10:47   #18
BHPian

hey turbo i did this only once or twice have stopped doing these since i feel the car is being totally f***** up now i have more than 5 ltrs on my tank and cant fill more since i dont have the money and mom dosent understand that the fuel pump is being spoilt and u know wat happened once my mom always used to fill less petrol then once the car stopped in the middle of the highway and i was totally scared to death it was there for 2 mins then somehow started the reserve and went till nearest fuel petrol pump and filled petrol that day i shouted so much to mom
Old 14th May 2005, 12:09   #19
BANNED

Which car do you drive kooldude..
Old 14th May 2005, 12:17   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kooldude
the car stopped in the middle of the highway and i was totally scared to death it was there for 2 mins then somehow started the reserve and went till nearest fuel petrol pump and filled petrol that day i shouted so much to mom
Odd..after years of being broke in high school and almost reaching my destination with the gas needle below "E" (reserve in an 800) my car never stalled....unlike a scooter a car doesnt stopp while switching to reserve ...

i maybe be wrong, what car was it?
Old 14th May 2005, 15:10   #21
BHPian

A black esteem no the car stopped first then i had to put the reserve actually have never operated my car in reserve so didnt have idea how to put on the reserve then wen i put it on it almost went 2 kms
Old 14th May 2005, 15:31   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A black esteem no the car stopped first then i had to put the reserve actually have never operated my car in reserve so didnt have idea how to put on the reserve then wen i put it on it almost went 2 kms
what crap !
how can someone put on reserve in a car ?
I know in a scooter one has a knob to switch on to reserve ... but never in a car man. Plus any car will have a reserve of atleast 5 litres, which includes your black esteem ...
i'd say poor mileage for an esteem man 2 km in 5 litres or were you still flooring the car on reserve ?
Old 14th May 2005, 15:34   #23
BHPian

i am a little bit confused please explain to me

Last edited by kooldude : 14th May 2005 at 15:40.
Old 14th May 2005, 17:46   #24
Senior - BHPian

I agree turbo lover. I have not heard of any car in which one is required to activate the reserve part of the fuel tank manually.

Anyone got an idea how much reserve capacity a Santro/WagonR and other hatchbacks have?
Old 14th May 2005, 21:58   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

hahahha

kooldude,
are you on drugs?????BTW how di du put reserve in your esteem
Old 15th May 2005, 08:44   #26
BHPian

no satya me not on drugs i saw a button below the left side of the steering written Z i thought it for reserve anyways i am sorry there is no reserve in the car i m soo stupid i didnt even know that
Old 15th May 2005, 09:41   #27
BHPian

Quote:
no satya me not on drugs i saw a button below the left side of the steering written Z i thought it for reserve anyways i am sorry there is no reserve in the car i m soo stupid i didnt even know that
Do people like this actually exsist and should they be allowed to post on TEAM BHP after passing statements like the above.

Anyways can some other esteem owner please explain what is this Z button.

Thanks
Old 15th May 2005, 10:00   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Hahaha... this guy is hilarious.... but well anyways guess we r being too hard on him.
Well getting back to the topic... i had one query... I do the samething as most of u, that is shaking the car so that the petrol is upto the brim... but several ppl have told me that this is bad for the car as it screw the suspension coz u r pushin it from left to right and also can cause damage to the fuel tank? but that hasnt really stopped me from filling that extra 1 liter odd that goes in by this method... just wanted to know if that is true?
Old 15th May 2005, 11:10   #29
c10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil
Hahaha...but several ppl have told me that this is bad for the car as it screw the suspension coz u r pushin it from left to right and also can cause damage to the fuel tank?
hey Sahil, what do you think, are cars made only for soft conditions??? i opine they are made for all conditions...well, as for screwing up the suspension part, do we shake the car worst than the drive on worst roads???

C10
Old 15th May 2005, 11:15   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Dude when the roads r bad the car shocks r going up and down...not left and right! unless u r being banged from the left and from the right constantly in ur driving condition!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks