Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2009, 00:05   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
i have purchased a can of BG44K, poured half the contents in the tank and topped up with fuel. lets see how it works on my alto. had googled a lot about bg and have always found positive results and recommendations.
i think results will start showing up after half the tank is empty.
Recommend using BG44K after each oil change,first get the gas tank to almost empty then pour a can of BG44K then fill the tank with gas(petrol) and drive.Since I have cars for which i dont drive in the winter i piur a can of BG44K in thr tank and i fill the tank to full drive the car for a couple of miles and then i put in storage for the entire winter for at least 5 months.Every spring all my cars will come off storage and they all run well
Old 22nd May 2009, 10:41   #47
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
I am still 2.5K km to go for service so I have time to check your Alto performance for a considerable distance after your Oil change.
Hi Abhi,

Just stumbled upon this. I was contemplating of using OWS as well at my Alto's 10,000 kms oil change and then went with Mobil 1 fully synthetic oil. Just completed 5,000 kms of driving yesterday on Mobil 1 and will be posting my review of the oil on the modifying cars thread - synthetic oil vs. mineral oil.

Cheers,
gpa
Old 22nd May 2009, 11:13   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa View Post
Hi Abhi,

Just stumbled upon this. I was contemplating of using OWS as well at my Alto's 10,000 kms oil change and then went with Mobil 1 fully synthetic oil. Just completed 5,000 kms of driving yesterday on Mobil 1 and will be posting my review of the oil on the modifying cars thread - synthetic oil vs. mineral oil.

Cheers,
gpa
How did Alto behave with Mobil1? I hope the money was worth? Cant wait to hear from you.

Abhi
Old 22nd May 2009, 11:27   #49
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
How did Alto behave with Mobil1? I hope the money was worth? Cant wait to hear from you.

Abhi
Hi Abhi,

I have just posted my review on the oil on the synthetic oil vs. mineral oil thread. You can read about it there. If you want to buy the oil, the dealer details can also be found on the same thread. If you need any fruther info, feel free to PM me.

Cheers,
gpa
Old 1st June 2009, 21:24   #50
Senior - BHPian

tried BG44k for more than half the tank of fuel on my alto. i am finding positive results for the same. the engine is more revv friendly now. there used to be a bit of hesitation with sudden acceleration. now that has vanished.
however i am feeling that the engine has become a bit harsh. the roar especially.
seems the BG cleans the carbon better than other means. i wished i could open the head and check in but i wont
Old 2nd June 2009, 13:10   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
tried BG44k for more than half the tank of fuel on my alto. i am finding positive results for the same. the engine is more revv friendly now. there used to be a bit of hesitation with sudden acceleration. now that has vanished.
however i am feeling that the engine has become a bit harsh. the roar especially.
seems the BG cleans the carbon better than other means. i wished i could open the head and check in but i wont
BG44 is a fuel additive so this will be in a Flush thread, why dont you open a new one for your experience on this ??.

Also you can always check if it cleaned your spark plugs easily , that can be one way to check if it works.
Old 2nd June 2009, 14:04   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Engine flush do help after a 20-30k of running to remove the sludge. Considerable difference is noticed immediately after the flush. I wouldnt suggest a regular use of flush though, once or twice in 100k kms run should be sufficient.

For cleaning of the fuel system, BG 44K(stronger) and BG CF5(lighter)are recommended worldwide in all kinds of petrol and BG244(stronger) and BG248(lighter) for the diesel and need to be used at specified intervals(10-15k kms) ONLY. No need for regular(system G/D) additives if you use these.

System D(diesel) and System G(petrol) are also good products for regular usage.
i tried BG44k after your recommendation. thanks

Quote:
BG44 is a fuel additive so this will be in a Flush thread, why dont you open a new one for your experience on this ??.

Also you can always check if it cleaned your spark plugs easily , that can be one way to check if it works.
spark plugs are new. and they are NGK gpower. whenever i see them they are very much clean
Old 9th June 2009, 13:51   #53
vinfriend

Quote:
Sikand Standley is the Master distributor for India, you can check for your local prices with them. Hover your mouse on the yellow dots.

Yes, it needs to be added to the fuel tank(prorata) as per specified treatment based on you tank capacity. Each can treats apprx60-75ltrs.
For details on the treatment and cleaning, check here
I talked with their distributors in Kerala, but they are selling it to service centres only.. not even available in shops.

Old 9th June 2009, 16:22   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinfriend View Post
I talked with their distributors in Kerala, but they are selling it to service centres only.. not even available in shops.
You can buy directly from them or from the service centre they are supplying.
Old 22nd February 2018, 14:02   #55
Senior - BHPian

Re: To flush or not to flush..that is the question.

Resurrecting an old thread with a question.

I have decided to service my cruze outside the A S S, the oil of choice is Motul 8100 X-cess.

My plan was to flush the engine before the oil change, The car has done 97k KMS, is it advisable to flush an engine at 97k?

PS: There is absolutely no oil leaks(touchwood!) and oil burning.

Pramod
pramodkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2018, 07:20   #56
BHPian

Hi pramod, i have the same query for my sx4 ddis, its clocked 96k, and i want to flush the engine but not sure if its ok to do the same. I did ask MASS they told me to do a double flush, basically remove a little engine oil and add two bottles of flush and then folliw the same process.
As per MASS engine flush improves engine life but then they are MASS and i take their thoughts with a pinch of salt. All my earlier cars have had regular flushes but they have been all petrol cars.
Hope somebody could throw more light on this topic.
Old 23rd February 2018, 10:38   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpian View Post
Hi pramod, i have the same query for my sx4 ddis, its clocked 96k, and i want to flush the engine but not sure if its ok to do the same. I did ask MASS they told me to do a double flush, basically remove a little engine oil and add two bottles of flush and then folliw the same process.
As per MASS engine flush improves engine life but then they are MASS and i take their thoughts with a pinch of salt. All my earlier cars have had regular flushes but they have been all petrol cars.
One of my mech friend told me that high millage petrol engines are to be flushed with caution, since diesel engines are already high compression engines its ok to flush an engine with no oil leak or oil consumption.

Though his logic seems correct, I still wanted to get confirmation from gurus.

Pramod
pramodkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2018, 10:43   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
IMHO, you should use XADO Vita flush. Go to the website, xado.in, click contact us, bargain hard with the sales chap and you'll get the one delivered to your doorstep with no delivery charge and yes, you get it at an excellent price.
panky12345 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2018, 15:46   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post

My plan was to flush the engine before the oil change, The car has done 97k KMS, is it advisable to flush an engine at 97k?

Pramod
Quote:
To answer both of you folks, nothing to worry with flushing technique. I see that both of your engines are modern ones and not the old Ambassador types , so they should hold good.

Incase if you have changed oil as per recommended intervals, there is no need to flush. But, if you want that little deep dive cleaning, you have lot of options. Valvoline, Pyroil, Nulon, Waxpol etc. are your options.

Normal method is to :

1. Warm the engine. Run it in idle for couple of minutes.
2. Pour the flush in engine oil top up cap.
3. Run the engine in idle again for 4-5 minutes. No need to accelerate. Just allow it to run normally.
4. Remove old oil.
5. Allow it to sit for a while because the oil would have become thinner than what it was before and will be dripping for a while.
6. Change filter. Pour in new oil.
7. Allow it to run in idle for few more minutes.
8. Take it for a spin.

If the work shop guys complain of you holding the line, park it close by after new oil change and allow the car to circulate new oil properly before driving away.

Old engines are the ones which tend to leak from the seals, but modern engines are nothing to worry about unless there was a previous leak or seal damage.
prithm is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks