Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2012, 15:19   #46
BHPian

Re: Prevent Heating in the Parked Car

It remains stuck all day, but somehow I am not comfortable using it and I don't use it anymore.
Old 12th March 2012, 15:32   #47
BHPian

If its a hatch.
Before you drive off , open all the 4 doors and the rear Hatch door all the way up.
Wait for 15 seconds, with so much ventilation the car will cool down much faster . Then close all the doors drive with the front n back windows open for a minute of 2 prior to switching on the A/c

Call it dumb, but it drives out the hot air.
Fillmore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2018, 13:13   #48
BHPian

Are there any known brands for sunshades? I want to get them for my i20 and can't find one with good reviews.
Old 9th June 2018, 19:26   #49
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

sun shades, tints whatever have a look at this video from down under where there is the highest number of malenoma cases:

and there is also something called as a car umbrella by a company named Lanmodo:

Old 11th June 2018, 14:19   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgo View Post
sun shades, tints whatever have a look at this video from down under where there is the highest number of malenoma cases:

and there is also something called as a car umbrella by a company named Lanmodo:
Thanks for the information. It looks like Australia is really a hotbed for skin related issues.

I have seen the umbrella arrangement. I would prefer something that is smaller (like a sunshade or a zip type filter) that can be used by passengers in the rear even when the vehicle is moving.

I have seen a lot of sunshade products on Amazon and eBay but I want to know if anyone has tried any of these brands.

Last edited by navin : 13th June 2018 at 13:57. Reason: removed video and photo links
Old 13th June 2018, 13:06   #51
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harikrishna.te View Post
I would prefer something that is smaller (like a sunshade or a zip type filter) that can be used by passengers in the rear even when the vehicle is moving.

I have seen a lot of sunshade products on Amazon and eBay but I want to know if anyone has tried any of these brands.
I prefer and use the same. My way of dealing with it...

-Stop at a traffic signal where these hawkers roam about selling the cheap stuff.
-Call them if they have the full black suction cup type generic sun shades (not the barbie or chhota bheem ones).
-Roll window down, listen to the absurd price like 4 for 200.
-Roll window up without uttering a word.
-Wait for 30 seconds while hes revising the offer.
-Roll window down and offer 4 for 100 which is usually agreed upon promptly.
-Exchange cash and goods. use them till they last only for the rear passengers/windows.

Too much reviewing online for such generic items usually gets me nowhere, end up spending more time than an off the counter sale.
Tgo is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th June 2018, 13:59   #52
BHPian

Quote:
-Roll window down and offer 4 for 100 which is usually agreed upon promptly.
-Exchange cash and goods. use them till they last only for the rear passengers/windows.
Will try that out next time I stop at a long signal.

Quote:
Too much reviewing online for such generic items usually gets me nowhere, end up spending more time than an off the counter sale.
You are absolutely right. Sometimes, we tend to ignore the simplest options available. I was worried about the UV filtering, the effect of the suction cup on the window and other stuff.

Maybe that's too much to analyse for a sunshade.

But I find it hard to believe that nobody here has purchased any branded sunshade from Amazon/other sites.
Old 13th June 2018, 14:03   #53
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The product is available in India for around Rs. 30,000. I think it's a bit rich but it depends on your need I guess. Also I am sure volumes are small or none. You could buy a fresh set of those sunshades you mention (4 for a 100) everyday for almost 10 years for that kind of money.

Seriously Rs. 30k for a car umbrella? I don't see too many takers, but I have been wrong before.

Last edited by navin : 13th June 2018 at 14:07.
Old 13th June 2018, 16:02   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Seriously Rs. 30k for a car umbrella? I don't see too many takers, but I have been wrong before.
Quote:
Are there any known brands for sunshades? I want to get them for my i20 and can't find one with good reviews.
Quote:
Here's an alternative that's available on Apni dukaan i.e Amazon. Got some good reviews too.

https://www.amazon.in/Metal-Laminati...7-8e7fbcddb52d

BTW there is already a similar thread available. Is this thread required? Mods to decide.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...irect-sun.html
ghodlur is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th June 2018, 12:48   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Here's an alternative that's available on Apni dukaan i.e Amazon. Got some good reviews too.
Thanks for the link! (the link itself seems to be broken but a quick search for "metal lamination" on Amazon took me to the right product.)

It seems to be similar to the car umbrellas that Tgo talked about earlier. They may be very effective but they are a tad expensive.

After going through both threads on open parking, the general consensus seems to be this (at least as basic solutions); foldable silver mats for the front and rear windshields, suction type sunshades for the side windows, a combination of door visors and windows left slightly open by one-inch.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks