Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2009, 19:35   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
kinda strange happening in a new car. I was facing power loss recently, and it was diagnosed as a fuel pump needing recalibration.

Whether the diagnosis is correct, remains to be seen
Are you still to get the car back? If I remember right, they said three days.
Old 26th November 2009, 21:08   #32
BANNED

Oh Wow! So we have members here running the national engine all complaining of a similar problem in different branded cars? Is it just me or does this really sound like something we must all look up and notice rather than turning a blind eye thinking such stuff are indestructible? Some members are reporting from personal experience that cleaning the IC solved this issue, while on other threads some self proclaimed experts keep advising people not to touch the engine bay at all.

Is Fiat trying to cover up some technical faults on what was supposedly the EOTY by getting some of its dealers to carry out work like IC cleaning but not officially announce it?
Old 26th November 2009, 22:38   #33
Senior - BHPian

@ janitha. got the car back, but the car hasn't gotten a chance to stretch its legs beyond 100kph yet
Old 30th November 2009, 21:03   #34

On Friday, i gave my car to BU Bhandari workshop to fix the issue of speed drop. But at the end of the day what i heard from them was that they test run the car by connecting laptop but fail to find the root cause.
Then they changed the replaced all the tyres with Indica DLG's and test run. I was surprised to hear this (tyre change approach). On asking him to explain the logic behind this exercise, he told me that similar issue was reported in Safari and there the problem was with the tyre or wheel balancing..!!
I argued a lot on the point that how can speed drop be related to tryes.. But they failed to give me a convincing answer.
Later the same evening i faced the same problem again.
I called them next morning and they've asked me to leave the car for atleast 2 days for their testing..
I feel quite disappointed from their response...
Old 30th November 2009, 21:27   #35
Senior - BHPian

indica DLG turbo tyres(165/65R14) are essentially the same as vista (175/65R14)
Old 30th November 2009, 22:23   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
indica DLG turbo tyres(165/65R14) are essentially the same as vista (175/65R14)
Even if the tyres were to be different, how does one relate Speed/Power drop problem with wrong tyres.. ?
Just wondering, has anyone experienced this issue and then later got it corrected by changing the tyres or wheel alignmet/balancing ?
Old 23rd December 2009, 20:08   #37
BHPian

Did the intercooler cleaning suggested by me resolve this issue? Or are these unique problems for each car?
Old 23rd December 2009, 20:12   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RearView View Post
Even if the tyres were to be different, how does one relate Speed/Power drop problem with wrong tyres.. ?
Just wondering, has anyone experienced this issue and then later got it corrected by changing the tyres or wheel alignmet/balancing ?
That was Rahul's safari but the issue was not with speed but with noise and vibration at certain gears/ rpm and it turned out to be excessive weights being used on the rim for balancing.
Old 24th December 2009, 09:33   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
Did the intercooler cleaning suggested by me resolve this issue? Or are these unique problems for each car?
Check your intercooler. Vista has one design fault that intercooler is located below radiator where ground clearance is very less. Pipe coming out of intercooler has threat from speed breakers and any road obstacle. My car is at showroom due to intercooler leakage. Intercooler problem causes reduced forced induction and which in turn causes loss in power. However powerdrop due to intercooler is consistent not sudden.
Old 24th December 2009, 18:09   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushantr5 View Post
Check your intercooler. Vista has one design fault that intercooler is located below radiator where ground clearance is very less. Pipe coming out of intercooler has threat from speed breakers and any road obstacle. My car is at showroom due to intercooler leakage. Intercooler problem causes reduced forced induction and which in turn causes loss in power. However powerdrop due to intercooler is consistent not sudden.
My problem with the swift is more or less solved after the intercooler cleaning. I wanted to know if this was resolved with intercooler cleaning in the vista as well.
Old 28th December 2009, 11:12   #41
BHPian

Day before yesterday I had a discussion with one of works manager from one of TASS. He is my childhood friend so we had good discussion about Vista and its problem over a good dinner. He said Fiat engine particularly is having this problem. Swift too is having this problem. This problem is hard to reproduce and happens only to few cars. Fiat is desperately trying to solve this problem still they are clueless about the solution. I also faced this problem once but thats all it never happened again to me.
Old 28th December 2009, 12:07   #42
BHPian

akhilesh51

The two possibility would be

1) have your turbo charger checked
2) Gear shifting

Next time if it happens release the accelerator completely and gradually press it until you get the power. Even doing this it doesn't work then they might be a problem with the turbo charger or else Fuel Pump
Also have your Diesel electronic checked.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks