Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2010, 20:12   #46
Senior - BHPian

How much time does it take for the clutch to engage and disengage? This could be used for DIY paddle shifter mechanism that I have been thinking of
Old 11th August 2010, 21:01   #47
Senior - BHPian

Is it available in Kerala? The other 'Auto Clutch Systems' available in the market require the car to be taken to Bangalore for fitting as well as servicing.

The gear sticks of the ones I have seen over the internet have a button that needs to be pressed for changing gears. In this case, if the sensor really works (and if the system is reliable), it's convenient.

Last edited by jinojohnt : 11th August 2010 at 21:03.
Old 11th August 2010, 21:50   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinojohnt View Post
Is it available in Kerala? The other 'Auto Clutch Systems' available in the market require the car to be taken to Bangalore for fitting as well as servicing.

The gear sticks of the ones I have seen over the internet have a button that needs to be pressed for changing gears. In this case, if the sensor really works (and if the system is reliable), it's convenient.

Yes it is available in Kerala now including the service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
How much time does it take for the clutch to engage and disengage? This could be used for DIY paddle shifter mechanism that I have been thinking of
The same company has also developed the paddle shifter, the auto pilot and the cruise control mechanisms.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Last edited by Technocrat : 11th August 2010 at 22:07. Reason: Please read the note in your post, thanks
Old 11th August 2010, 22:06   #49
Senior - BHPian

A review of the Auto Clutch was also posted by member tanwaramit, here is the link Auto Clutch Review
Old 11th August 2010, 22:25   #50
Senior - BHPian

auto clutch in Kerala now

One of my pal Mr. Jose David have took the distribution of the automate , so no need to travel out side the state to fix and service it.

Mods revealing the number plate is not a big issue here access granted

He use his petrol innova fitted with a BRC gas kit for longer jouneries
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Clutch???-img00091201008101157.jpg  

Auto Clutch???-img00092201008101157.jpg  

Auto Clutch???-img00093201008101157.jpg  

Auto Clutch???-img00094201008101157.jpg  

Old 12th August 2010, 16:56   #51
Senior - BHPian

From the pictures posted, it is not very clear whether we need to press a 'button on the gear lever' to change gears. Their website mentions that you need to press the button.

Could you please confirm?
Old 12th August 2010, 17:03   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by foby.sebastian View Post
Yes it is available in Kerala now including the service.

The same company has also developed the paddle shifter, the auto pilot and the cruise control mechanisms.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts, instead of creating another back-to-back post.
How much time does it take for the clutch to engage and disengage?
Old 12th August 2010, 20:22   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
How much time does it take for the clutch to engage and disengage?
When i had a try , I didnt felt any time lag
Old 18th August 2010, 17:13   #54
Senior - BHPian

Its the same product used by me for around 4 years before I removed it.

Reasons:

Very high failure rate
Lack of service
Lack of spare parts
Lack of knowledgable people to fix
Lack of support from Himanshu Chitnis - Importer based in Pune to close the issues (for product, spare parts etc)

More details on my thread at http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/access...ch-review.html

Last edited by tanwaramit : 18th August 2010 at 17:14.
Old 22nd June 2018, 01:38   #55
Senior - BHPian

Re: Auto Clutch???

Is Auto Clutch equivalent to the AMT transmission that gained popularity with Maruti Suzuki Celerio? If it is as helpful as an AMT, I guess it is a good option to buy a MT car and get this installed as not all cars come with AT options, a person may like features in a MT car and similar features may not be available the AMT version, e.g. Celerio AGS ZXi(O) misses out on so many good things in comparison with Celerio MT ZXi(O), at about the same 30K odd, you can buy a MT Celerio and convert it to AT and can then transfer this system to your other car when you plan to sell it off.
AdityaDeane is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2018, 07:54   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
Is Auto Clutch equivalent to the AMT transmission that gained popularity with Maruti Suzuki Celerio? If it is as helpful as an AMT, I guess it is a good option to buy a MT car and get this installed as not all cars come with AT options.. .
Yes & No. Yes because you dont use the clutch. No, because you must still change gears.

With Auto-Clutch you just operate the gear level without using the clutch.
Old 22nd June 2018, 09:21   #57
Senior - BHPian

That I understand I saw the videos as well, but it's kind of when you override the AMT in Manual Mode, instead of pushing the gear lever forward or back to gear up or down, in this you slide and slot the gear where you want, and the actuator does the job of pressing the clutch for you (which is hidden in case of AMTs but visible here as there is no change in the 3 pedals). I believe it is good for newbies who have trouble learning how to start a car and the good thing is that it can still be used by us other folks in Manual mode at any time. When in bumper to bumper traffic, switch to Auto mode. When out on the highway, switch to manual cruising if required. And it also costs about 35K as much as a factory fitted AMT Car.
Old 5th September 2018, 13:28   #58
BHPian

Looking for some advice here...

I have a 6 year old Chevrolet Beat Diesel that has run about 75,000 KM and has served me very well so far. I wanted to upgrade to an automatic but have shelved the idea due to Vit-M deficiency and also because I am not getting event decent resale for my well kept Beat.

Over the last few days, I am thinking of getting an Auto-mate Auto Clutch installed. This will reduce stress from my left leg in B2B traffic as well on long drives. However following facts/observations pull me back from buying -
  1. I hope to use the Auto-Clutch for next 2 years. By then my car will be ready to retire and my next car will certainly be an automatic (Nexon may be)
  2. It will cost round about Rs. 40K.
  3. I hope this will reduce stress from my left leg
  4. Auto-mate Pune workshop is 1.5 hours journey from my home, so I guess in worst case I will have some service support.
  5. I have heard some good feedback but also horror story on reliability in another thread - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...ch-review.html (Autoclutch Review)

My wife thinks it's not worth the money esp. when difference between a Manual and an AMT is almost the same. For me, more than money reliability is the concern. But then again, if it works smoothly then its almost an AMT in terms of comfort.

What would you do in my situation?
Old 5th September 2018, 14:29   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satishchugh View Post
I have a 6 year old Chevrolet Beat Diesel that has run about 75,000 KM and has served me very well so far.

... Over the last few days, I am thinking of getting an Auto-mate Auto Clutch installed.[*]I hope to use the Auto-Clutch for next 2 years. By then my car will be ready to retire and my next car will certainly be an automatic (Nexon may be)[*]I hope this will reduce stress from my left leg

What would you do in my situation?
If you want to invest about 35K-40K for just 2 years use, then my suggestion would be to continue as is. Your usage is hardly 1100Km/month, which did not even require to have a Diesel car, a Petrol one would have been cheaper and easier to maintain for such small monthly runs. Auto-Clutch is useful if you have a very specific need, e.g. Painful Left Ankle/Knee/Hip and so want to convert your manual to automatic, without changing your car.

As it is you said you are not getting a decent selling price for your car, installing an Auto-Clutch will further reduce that when you sell it after 2 years, unless you decide to buy another new Manual Transmission car and get your Auto-Clutch transferred to that, thus saving on investing the same amount again for getting an AMT Transmission.

Personally, I was looking at Auto-Clutch because I wanted to buy an Ertiga ZXi/ZXi+ which do not have factory fitter AT, made more sense to invest 35K-40K on my own to get it changed to AMT with Auto Clutch. Hope this scenario will change with the launch of the update Next Gen Ertiga in October.

My recommendation would be to stick to this MT for another 2 years, if you can bear with the trouble. Otherwise be ready to sell your Beat for peanuts or to scrap for the best value after 2 years, as due to GM leaving India, the resale value of GM products is already very low these days.
AdityaDeane is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2020, 16:44   #60
BANNED

Found this Demo Vehicle yesterday demo'ing it to some customer.

Auto Clutch???-img_20201104_170830__01.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks