Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2009, 09:14   #16
BHPian

@ 4x4addict:

My mistake , I forgot to mention the price of 'clutch and pressure plate' and price of 'clutch release bearing' is of Endy.

Thanks
Old 31st August 2009, 09:52   #17
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

The clutch would not be covered under warranty.

Rs. 25K for endy clutch seems fine - basis that this comprises almost the entire clutch (Bearings & Pressure plate included)

This can happen in 37K kms of highway driving, only if you have been going up steep hills at half clutch or reversed a lot again up and down slopes with half clutch.

Basically going up and down slopes with half clutch can fry it. If you did not do too much of this, then it points to a poor product from ford, but yet it wont be covered under warranty.

Tata's do replace the clutch under warranty if it give problems in less than 10,000 kms.
Old 31st August 2009, 22:53   #18
Senior - BHPian

I'm sorry guys..the mistake is mine...I had driven the endy with the clutch down on one foot carelessly for some period of time..so that's how it got burnt...but I'm just waitin for the parts to come and then i'll tell you how much they billed me exactly..their approximation was 25,000 Rs excluding labour costs..I'm also aware that they reduced the spare parts price in Ford endy this year...So 25K is still pretty high or maybe their just tryin to swindle some extra cash out of me..
Old 12th September 2009, 21:47   #19
Senior - BHPian

Ok now I'm pretty confused..I had this burning smell from the engine compartment during the last week and it just kept reducing as the days went by and now there isn't any smell emanating at all..Does that mean there's nothing wrong with my Ford now ??

But the Ford Dealer has already got my spare parts and I'll be going to fix it this Monday. I was told by my driver that they would not let us watch them actually replace the parts in my vehicle and they also told me it would take 2 days to complete work on my vehicle.Why is that ??? Or as a owner do i have the right to argue with them to let me actually watch and see what is actually wrong in my car while their replacing the parts.

As I've told earlier they've quoted me a bill of 25,000 Rs . I do not know if the clutch basin has totally gone or not or if it needs so much work on it. That's why i want to know what is it that they're exactly replacing.plus do they really need 2 days to do this work since i'm traveling nearly 150 Kms from my native to the dealers place.I can not stand there and watch if they're gonna keep my car there for 2 days.
Old 13th September 2009, 10:36   #20
Senior - BHPian

Unfortunately, Ford don't cover the Clutch & components under Warranty. I don't have first hand experience with an Endy but the burnt smell going away does not necessarily mean that your clutch is OK.

Are you feeling any symptoms of clutch slippage? For example, Engine Rpm rises on acceleration but the car does not pick up speed quickly enough. Also, the Engine Rpm is consistently higher than usual at various speeds (compared to earlier). Lets say (indicative only since I don't know Endy numbers), 100kmph used to come up at 2,000 rpm in 5th gear but now it shows 2,500 rpm at the same speed in the same gear?
Old 14th September 2009, 14:39   #21
Senior - BHPian

No the vehicle is perfectly fine now..the pick up is still as good as before and there is no slippage...thats why it is so mind boggling now...RPM and everything is fine...I guess i better go change the Clutch basin after i get some real problems i guess...But i really don't understand why the mechanic at my dealers place asked me to change the whole clutch basin if it was not such a serious problem..Does he know about the problem or did he save his time by just telling something got spoiled ???Anyways i've paid an advance of 5000 to get my spare parts
Old 14th September 2009, 20:05   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

So, I guess Ford Endy is now a good product and you will buy Ford again.
Old 14th September 2009, 20:23   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanjohn123 View Post
...I guess i better go change the Clutch basin after i get some real problems i guess...
What's a clutch basin?
Old 15th September 2009, 10:19   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Does he know about the problem or did he save his time by just telling something got spoiled ???
Probably the latter!

Taking an advance from you to get spare parts - that doesn't sound right to me. This is an authorized workshop, not a roadside mech, why the heck would they need to take an advance from you! Now, I hope it won't be a problem to get your money back.
Old 23rd September 2009, 12:33   #25
Senior - BHPian

Guys .It is an Authorized Ford Showroom and the only one in Tirunelvelli.I've been charged 38,500 Rs for replacing the parts and my driver only took delivery of the vehicle .He told me that it was just a minor problem and the entire thing needn't be replaced.but i've paid them 35,000 Rs already.but i've got all the replaced parts at home now.I'll take pics of them and put it up next week.do let me know if those parts really needed to be replaced or not .according to my driver he's telling me that they actually ripped me off.Why would Ford do a thing like this ??? I will also put up a snapshot of my bill.I'm actually out of town that's why i replied late guys.sorry.I'll be back home next week and will put up everything here for you guys for proof.Thanks for all your help
Old 23rd September 2009, 14:28   #26
Senior - BHPian

I'm shocked to hear this

Quote:
Why would Ford do a thing like this ???
Its not Ford, its the dealer; and, its the easiest thing in the world to just pick up the entire assembly & replace it lock, stock & barrel & make some money at the customer's expense!

God help you guys if this is the only Ford dealer in your area
Old 1st October 2009, 23:27   #27
Senior - BHPian

Here are the parts replaced(PIX)

These are the 3 parts replaced on my Ford Endeavour. I do not know what they are exactly so if someone has any idea please do tell me. And also it was just for these 3 parts that i was charged 35,000 Rs.And also please tell me if these parts look worn out from the pics and whether they could be used without replacement.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour's got a clutch prob within 6 months..can i claim for a warranty ??-dsc01881.jpg  

Ford Endeavour's got a clutch prob within 6 months..can i claim for a warranty ??-dsc01882.jpg  

Old 2nd October 2009, 13:07   #28
Senior - BHPian

Can you post the picture with the pressure plate(last picture) turned over, just wanted to see the wear on the spokes, better to post picture with all parts turned over.

Last edited by dadu : 2nd October 2009 at 13:09.
Old 2nd October 2009, 17:38   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Stan:

That is pretty much a full clutch overall !! New clutch pack and pressure plates.
Old 2nd October 2009, 18:40   #30
Senior - BHPian

Dadu :

Yeah will post pics of everything turned over . So if its just the clutch plate and pressure pack that they replaced is the price of 35,500 Rs justified considering Ford has reduced their spares price this year ..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks