Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2012, 12:48   #16
BHPian

Re: Paint spots on my black i20

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Visit 3M car Care near The Arunachalaya Hotel, Nungambakkam.
They will easily get rid of the paint spots using claying and if needed some rubbing.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/chenna...e-chennai.html
Thanks AKS_Karthik

I'm worried because I plan to sell this car in a couple of months... I will check the place you've mentioned if the "home remedy" suggested by MM403 doesn't help.
Old 17th April 2012, 13:59   #17
Senior - BHPian

Re: Paint spots on my black i20

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadTripper View Post
Thanks AKS_Karthik

I'm worried because I plan to sell this car in a couple of months... I will check the place you've mentioned if the "home remedy" suggested by MM403 doesn't help.
usage of Petrol might dull the black color, instead use Diesel which is less corrosive.
i used it to remove road grimes and tar substances. But be careful on applying and wash it with Car shampoo once it's done. possible waxing too.
Old 15th July 2019, 11:36   #18
BHPian

Re: Removing Paint Spots from my car

Recently I went to a BP petrol bunk to fill fuel. One part of the petrol bunk was being painted and there was wind as well. So I guess this BP yellow color sprinkled on my car and I could see some dots when I reached home. Immediately using a wet cloth I wiped out and it went off from the body part (around 6 were there). Mostly, there was moisture in air and since it was night it went off easily from the body paint.

However, I missed few dots on the car front windshield. There are around 4 dots which I missed to remove. Now they are very much stuck with the windshield and does not even come out even when wet.
Please guide on how to get rid of these yellow dots from the windshield?

Last edited by deemash : 15th July 2019 at 11:41.
Old 29th July 2019, 11:04   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deemash View Post
Recently I went to a BP petrol bunk to fill fuel. One part of the petrol bunk was being painted and there was wind as well. So I .....................................stuck with the windshield and does not even come out even when wet.
Please guide on how to get rid of these yellow dots from the windshield?
I initially thought it was on the windshield alone. But I could see them on the C pillar and on bonnet. Around 10 are there. Visibility is less.
I managed to remove them from the windshield by using white vinegar mixed with hot water.

But I cannot apply this solution on the painted surface and hence waiting for response from the experts here.
Attached Thumbnails
Removing Paint Spots from my car-img_20190729_092335.jpg  

Removing Paint Spots from my car-img_20190729_092342.jpg  

Old 25th August 2022, 09:37   #20
BHPian

I was driving through an area where some painting work was going on and on returning I noticed, my car had some white paint spots on several places. Is Acetone/Nail Polish remover my best bet? won't it damage the underlying paint?
Old 25th August 2022, 11:40   #21
BHPian

I am not aware of any solvents other than iso propyl alcohol that is safe for paint. Not sure if IPA/rubbing spirit will help, but that should be your first try since its paint safe.

If that does not work, try to manually apply automotive polish with mild abrasives with soft microfiber/foam. Sometimes the foreign paint just comes off. Be careful not to apply pressure and introduce minor scratches.

I have removed a lot of while furniture paint over spray from my car's black paint using a cheap Chinese clay bar. But it did leave some swirl wherever I tried to put pressure. So this method works ok on light shade of paint, but might be counter productive on dark shades or glossy black A pillar.

Most Viewed