Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2012, 13:16   #61
BHPian

Is after sales business good?

Hello guys, looking ahead to start an after sales service station in Mumbai. Talks are on with an automobile manufacturer and hence want everyone's advice on this. Currently in some other field professionally, not related to automobiles or any engineering section. Even my education qualifications are purely in commerce stream. But the need to change from my current profession and wanting to do something in automotive field is the reason I have been thinking of getting into car after sales business. Also opening up a sales dealership is out of my budget because it will require a huge investment. Have learnt all these years that money making is in much better in after sales service business.
Need your comments and views.
Old 10th May 2012, 13:39   #62
Senior - BHPian

Re: Is after sales business good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prash View Post
Also opening up a sales dealership is out of my budget because it will require a huge investment.
Why do you say so? Even for the after-sales business, you will still have to invest a significant sum to buy necessary equipments, build up a parts inventory etc.
Old 10th May 2012, 13:51   #63
BHPian

Re: Is after sales business good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
Why do you say so? Even for the after-sales business, you will still have to invest a significant sum to buy necessary equipments, build up a parts inventory etc.
Yes I know I will have to invest in machinery and space. But at least I will not have to invest on opening up a sales outlet in a prime location. Buying/leasing space in prime location would be very very expensive.
Old 16th December 2012, 09:55   #64
BHPian

Setting up a Dealership for Maruti Genuine Parts/Accessories - Help Required

Hi All,

Looking for suggestions/comments/information on how to go for Maruti Genuine Part/Accessories dealership/agency/franchise. Is it good to go for authorized one or better to go for independent one? Any idea how much is the cost involved? Any number/link from where I can get more info on my queries.

Thanks in advance for all the responses.

Regards
Old 7th November 2020, 21:42   #65

Re: Advice needed on setting up a Car / Bike Workshop!

Hey man
Sorry to hijack this thread like this but I was unable to find a way to PM you so I am making a reply here.
I have been filling up from your petrol station from the past 6 years consistently! I am so consistent that I can say with guarantee that almost 95% of my tank fills have been from your place. I absolutely love the professionalism and i myself have directed at least 3-4 people I know personally to your place for filling up! I even have that HP card which gives you payback points!
I was just thinking let’s have a quick chat sometime whenever I am at your point for a refill! What say?
Old 8th November 2020, 17:17   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Be Wild View Post
Hi Guys,

I Am In the Process of getting a Petrol Pump alloted in Delhi, within a couple of months hopefully if i we get through all the Red tape quick enough!! Now The dillema that i Face is that i have been advised by a couple of old experienced Dealers in Delhi that considering the site location and the size of the site it would be a wise decission to set up a workshop there, Here lies the problem!!!

Firstly - I have next to know idea as to the intricacies of working of cars.
The little knowledge that i have gained about cars is through this amazing forum! Hence the Obvious question, Is there any short term car mechanic diploma course that i could maybe undergo in delhi to get a hang of the ropes??? I would really appreciate it if i could be pointed in the right direction.

Secondly- I would like you guys to suggest as to what sort of equipment would be absolutely necessary in a Small Setup. I have researched a bit and for starters have thought up of correct me if i am wrong-
1. Wheel alignment and balancing machine
2. Injector cleaning machine
3. Engine decarb machine
4. A/c Gas charging machine
5. Small Scissor Lift
6. car washing facility

If you guys could plz let me know if there is anything else i should be looking at also.

Also i have No clue watsoever as to where i get trustworthy mechanics and whether they are any good, So i am as of now clueless on basically everything.

Points to consider-
1.The location has been 90% finalized and i wont be paying rent as such as its a lease between the Oil co. and NDMC so i would not be paying anything towards rent

2. have never done this sort of a thing Before and hence i am in 2 minds whether to go ahead or not.

3. What sort of Initial Cost of investment would i be looking at to set it up??

# Most Important question of all guys i would like to know whether most car owners would prefer to go to such small setups in petrol Pumps, because honestly I as a car owner till date I have never gone to one or thought of going to one

So would it be advisable to do this or should i scrap this idea and think of something else???

GUYS Advice, suggestions opinions etc etc are more than welcome considering i dont know much myself so feel free to contribute.

Regards
Mayank
Quote:
Originally Posted by utkarshbansal View Post
Hey man
Sorry to hijack this thread like this but I was unable to find a way to PM you so I am making a reply here.
I have been filling up from your petrol station from the past 6 years consistently! I am so consistent that I can say with guarantee that almost 95% of my tank fills have been from your place. I absolutely love the professionalism and i myself have directed at least 3-4 people I know personally to your place for filling up! I even have that HP card which gives you payback points!
I was just thinking let’s have a quick chat sometime whenever I am at your point for a refill! What say?
Hi
Again
Extremely sorry to spam like this, but I could not find an edit option to my previous comment that is why I am making a new one.
Just wanted you to know that I showed up to your place almost 20 minutes ago hoping to see you, but the operators told me that no one is present at the moment... they asked me to get back on weekdays... I will pop back up again some other time!
Old 12th November 2020, 08:25   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by utkarshbansal View Post
Hi
Again
Extremely sorry to spam like this, but I could not find an edit option to my previous comment that is why I am making a new one.
Just wanted you to know that I showed up to your place almost 20 minutes ago hoping to see you, but the operators told me that no one is present at the moment... they asked me to get back on weekdays... I will pop back up again some other time!
Hi, am so sorry just saw your posts now
Thanks for your lovely feedback and patronage of our service
Its always a delight to see customers happy, i am
Usually there on weekdays around 12-6.
Would be my honour to meet you sir.

Regards
Mayank

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks