Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2013, 10:47   #31
BHPian

Re: Honda City ZX clutch

Here is a recent update on clutch unit replacement for my Honda City ZX (2006)
I finished 70K on this car, and had to replace the entire clutch unit (flywheel,etc). This was done at Dakshin Honda (Bangalore) and they charged me INR 25K.

Actually I did not find any major issues with my clutch/gear except that the clutch pedal had become very hard and my 2 previous service reports had observations and remarks by these service guys.

Though it was expensive, I did not find an alternative (rather did not want to take a risk by giving my car to a private garage) than to get this done at Honda authorised dealer
Old 21st December 2013, 17:58   #32
Max
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ark_rover View Post
Here is a recent update on clutch unit replacement for my Honda City ZX (2006)
I finished 70K on this car, and had to replace the entire clutch unit (flywheel,etc). This was done at Dakshin Honda (Bangalore) and they charged me INR 25K.

Actually I did not find any major issues with my clutch/gear except that the clutch pedal had become very hard and my 2 previous service reports had observations and remarks by these service guys.

Though it was expensive, I did not find an alternative (rather did not want to take a risk by giving my car to a private garage) than to get this done at Honda authorised dealer
Have you noticed any improvements after overhaul?

Clutch pedal getting harder may also be the result of clutch pedal spring getting tight. Spray some WD40 and you will instantly feel it will be little smooth. Btw, I am running original clutch at 86k kms
Max is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2013, 14:22   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
Have you noticed any improvements after overhaul?
So far no issues, the ride and clutch pedal is better. Dakshin guys told me to get back to them within 1 month regarding any complaints as this replacement does not guarantee/warannty for a longer term.
But again, nothing majorly different or does not feel like NEW.

Good to know that you are still using the original clutch , wish I could do that.
ark_rover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2014, 14:40   #34
Senior - BHPian

Sorry for reviving an old thread but thought this little bit of information may be of use to other Gen-2 City owners. I just overhauled the clutch of my 2005 City i-DSI this weekend for the first time. The car has traveled 160,000 kilometers - talk about Honda reliability . The flywheel could be salvaged after some skimming and polishing. Only the pressure plates and some other components were changed for Rs. 13k.

Although I've booked the 2014 Gen-4 City, I decided to fix the issue because there is no certainty when my particular color and variant choice in petrol becomes available. Also since this is my daily driver, I didn't want to take a chance.

I first noticed a problem 5 days before the overhaul when I noticed the clutch slipping on revving the engine on a relatively traffic-free road. Then the clutch pedal became progressively softer and at times it became difficult to engage a gear, especially first. The biggest sign was from a complete stop I put the car in first and without pressing the accelerator just released the clutch and the car rolled forward without stalling.

Is it any surprise why I swear by Honda even though I can buy cars costing three times as much? The car has always been serviced as per schedule and has never broken down on me.

Last edited by StarScream : 3rd February 2014 at 14:53.
Old 24th March 2020, 23:57   #35
BHPian

Hello friends, reviving an old thread. I own a Honda city 2010 make. I recently replaced the clutch pressure plate and release bearing. After that the car was running smooth. Recently I noticed that when I release the throttle and allow the car to roll in 2nd gear there’s a vibration and noise which can be felt on the steering wheel. Car speed approximately 15 kmph. This occurs with different gears as well but different speeds. Have covered 70k kms till date. Any idea what could be the issue?
I have driven approximately 6k Kms with the new clutch.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks