Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2009, 15:04   #61
BHPian

The first pic shows the wear, if you see the middle of the tyre, it worn out. 2nd pic has no wear.
Old 14th December 2009, 17:17   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan_pullarwar View Post
The first pic shows the wear, if you see the middle of the tyre, it worn out. 2nd pic has no wear.
what is the tyre pressure you usually fill in ?
Old 31st January 2010, 10:34   #63
Senior - BHPian

Any updates from Sachin, has the problem been rectified ?
Old 1st February 2010, 01:28   #64
BHPian

I dropped him mail. Waiting for his response
Old 1st February 2010, 14:44   #65
BHPian

Hello Everybody,

Seems like Fiat is taking care of their customer. Below is the Sachin's response. Though final decesion will only confirm how much Fiat is taking care of ***.

Sorry didnt reply / mail in a long time, actualy got a bit busy in work and even the guys from Tatamotors and Fiat had asked for some time to arrive to some decision. The problem is still there and they have inspected and found the fact that the problem is not rectified and just last saturday got a call from Gopal that the Tatamotors / Fiat people wants to have a final meeting this week itself(for what reason i am still not clear). However will update you an the outcome. Thanks a lot for your support.
Old 1st February 2010, 15:44   #66
BHPian

Looks like FIAT is not going to take any chances this time! If they have read the story of what all happened with the Skoda, they would rather arrive at a decision sooner than later!

Well jokes apart, be it any reason, FIAT is still the apple of my eye and still consider it the best vehicle on Indian roads.

Wish you all the best for your next meeting and hope that they finally arrive at a decision. Kidly keep us posted on what happens....
Old 12th February 2010, 14:59   #67
Senior - BHPian

would be great if fiat could do anything meaningful and helpful to the customer. It would mean that FIAT A.S.S is at par with others if not a little better
Old 12th February 2010, 15:57   #68
BHPian

pawan, its been 12 days, any update? Has the problem been solved?
Old 15th February 2010, 13:12   #69
BHPian

Sachin had meeting with Mangesh and other from Fiat. They are saying that problem is minimized but not yet solved. They asked Sachin to give his car for some more Trial and Error. But this time Sachin asked them to give the proper suggestion. He also told them his car is not for Fiat R&D and Fiat is not paying for it.

He painted his car on Bonet and Rear Windows and written in big later that he is regreting buying this car.

I will post his car's pics soon.
Old 15th February 2010, 13:47   #70
BHPian

I have been following your thread for sometime since I was looking for a replacement car for my wife. She drives a 5 year old Zen and Punto was shortlisted. Difficult to convince me now!

Fiat has been hit badly in India on it's earlier attempt to gain market penetration and now trying to build their image at second time (perhaps last!). I don't think this suggestion will give you a new car but definately give the problem the attention it deserves.
1. Send a written complaint through registered courier addressed to Fiat Customer Service cell with copy to CEO, Fiat India.
2. Give 2 weeks to revert back
3. If you don't get any constructive response within 2 weeks, approach newspapers and news television. These people are hungry for news these days and will help you to take the dealers or manufacturer to task.
Old 15th February 2010, 17:26   #71
Senior - BHPian

Sad to see a new vehcile owner to go through this unprofessional attitude. I am just thinking if it was someone in Sout/East or North then what was the plan B from FIAT technical team, drive the car or just not even think of taking up the issue.

It is that simple for FIAT to just buyback this car for testing, maybe this results in better QA for new ones and save FIAT a headache of a recall.

The owner is happy and sings melody to enhance company's reputation and the dealer also gets to save face.

I hope things get sorted out soon.

A suggestion: Try consumer court and ask Sachin not to write anything to give opposition a chance to get back in the court. He has a good case and FIAT is bound to repay with legal fee and harrasment.

Cheers!
Old 15th February 2010, 17:55   #72
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan_pullarwar View Post

He painted his car on Bonet and Rear Windows and written in big later that he is regreting buying this car.
FIAT is just asked for this.
Its shows the pain of an owner who can't use the car after paying his hard earned money.
Old 15th February 2010, 18:07   #73
BHPian

I empathize with Sachin but it seems there has been full support from the dealer, and manufacturer all along but they are unable to resolve the problem.

I think the problem usually is rude arrogant behavior and unwillingness to take responsibility, in this case we are seeing everyone from MD onwards is involved and trying to rectify the issue, free tyres, free alloys, these sort of things are rarely done here, so its not all lost. Some posters have referenced unprofessional attitude but there is no evidence of this on this thread.

Clearly Fiat is trying to solve the problem and address customer issue but failing in the technical aspects and while I can totally understand sachin's frustration of being unable to resolve the issue over a longish period, fiat bashing at least in this case seems misplaced, perhaps at one point they will replace the car, but can't blame them for trying to rectify the problem first.
Old 15th February 2010, 18:14   #74
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kratos11 View Post
But his office mate who owns a Punto told him to look for some other options as his Punto was giving a FE of 12 which he considered low.

Today he called me & told he had zeroed on swift VXI,reason Being a complete novice in terms of cars he dint wanted to take any chance with FIAT,Indica Vista was his other choice.
For Pune that milege seems OK. The Swift Petrol will give you the same milege. The Swift Diesel is the one which gives the excellent milege.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post

To add to all this confusion, the dealer has infact offered you free set of tires during your initial complaint which always raises huge doubts about the dealer trying to hide something big!

Yea it looks like the dealer sold a damaged car.
Old 15th February 2010, 18:35   #75
BHPian

While there is support from the dealer and manufacturer, I certainly agree that the car in question is not for Fiat's R&D. The wear that they are causing by testing it over and over again without coming out with something close to a solution is not in good light.

This does not remain a nice new car that one thought they'd keep for years and enjoy. It becomes somewhat of a used car that has had countless of people thrashing her all over the place in the name of testing. In my opinion, let them them replace his car first and then do all the testing that they want.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks