Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2010, 15:37   #106
BHPian

This is Bullshit. Shame on you FIAT. No one Car manufacturer cares for the customer here. In USA, the Chairman of Toyota is literally apologizing to the Govt, I really cant see the same happening in India.

FIAT should have given another Punto and cross checked it.
Old 25th February 2010, 16:12   #107
Senior - BHPian

I have read in earlier posts from sachin that there are other cars that take the same road and they are all fine. Does it mean that FIATs can't even be run on winding roads. Then those who buy fiat cars should keep their cars at home and take taxis if they want to go to places that have long winding roads.

Amazing man at the way these service manager respond to. Totally insensitive to customers and unwilling to solve customer problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRRaj View Post
This is Bullshit. Shame on you FIAT. No one Car manufacturer cares for the customer here. In USA, the Chairman of Toyota is literally apologizing to the Govt, I really cant see the same happening in India.

FIAT should have given another Punto and cross checked it.
It does happen with companies that have some social responsibility. Take the case of fuel tank recall done by Maruti on Alto.

Last edited by Eddy : 25th February 2010 at 16:38. Reason: Back to back posts.
Old 25th February 2010, 18:10   #108
BHPian

What Fiat is up to ?? This is severely going to harm whatever reputation they have build in this market... Given the circumstances they should have change the car immediately..

@Sachin.... BTW which is the road in Pune ,as per Fiat, is causing such a trouble ??? I don't remember any such road around Pune causing so called tyre wear...
Old 25th February 2010, 19:59   #109
BHPian

@ pawan & sachin

I am asking this for the umpteenth time. Which is this road we are talking about ?
Old 25th February 2010, 20:16   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoghchaphalkar View Post
@ pawan & sachin

I am asking this for the umpteenth time. Which is this road we are talking about ?
Read through the entire thread..phew..

This road is lavasa road, (winding road) if i am 100% correct.
Old 25th February 2010, 20:26   #111
BANNED

So what next ? Fiat cars are not fit to ride on curvy / winding roads !!! . I'm dreaming of a Honda rival ad about this official FIAT statement.
Old 25th February 2010, 20:47   #112
BHPian

Lavasa road is one of the best roads in Maharashtra, some sections look straight out of Europe. Fiat gotta be kidding us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulk76 View Post
Read through the entire thread..phew..

This road is lavasa road, (winding road) if i am 100% correct.
Old 25th February 2010, 21:04   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoghchaphalkar View Post
@ pawan & sachin

I will talk to Sachin and will get the exact road information.
Old 25th February 2010, 21:12   #114
Senior - BHPian

Has sachin compared his wheel alignment data with that of other punto's that do not seem to have this problem?
Old 25th February 2010, 22:02   #115
BHPian

Thats real bad. I was really hoping that FIAT India would take this up and fix the problem but after looking at the mail, they have closed the issue from their side by blaming the Indian roads
Thats really not acceptable.
Old 25th February 2010, 22:38   #116
Senior - BHPian

I am appalled by the response of Fiat (mail from Mr.Anand Kumar) stating that tyre wear is due to the curvy - winding roads!
Sachin's Punto is not the only car plying on that road, he has mentioned that his colleagues also travel on that road to office in their cars & none of them has faced this tyre wear issue.

Did Fiat test other cars on that road to conclude that tyre wear is due to curvy road and not a car defect?
Old 25th February 2010, 22:45   #117
Distinguished - BHPian

FIAT should be slammed with the hardest possible baseball bat. More power to Sachin!
Old 25th February 2010, 23:06   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan_pullarwar View Post
Update from Sachin -

Thanks a lot for all your suppport and help, also please thank all friends on Team Bhp on my behalf I am really very great full for all their help and advice. I tried again to register at the Team Bhp but again invain, anyways will keep trying as I want to share things with all friends on Team Bhp. .......
Thanks a lot again. Will keep all of you friend updated on the proceedings.
Come on MODs, let Sachin be given a login ID as its the best way to show him that we are with him in this battle. It would also help him save substantial amount of time by refraining from relaying his concerns and updates thru Pawan.

Sachin. Keep on fighting man ! This is not the way FIAT should be dealing things. If its about roads, then I think FIAT should include a list of different types of roads that the Punto or any other FIAT cars can be driven or avoided , in the owner's manual ! Ridiculous and atrocious to the core !
Old 25th February 2010, 23:36   #119

Sachin fight as hard as you can.

This Mail from ANAND KUMAR, what a Joke topography and stuff. What does this guy work as at Fiat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan_pullarwar View Post
Sachin requested me to post the mail which he got from Fiat. Below is the mail.
----------------------------------------------------------------
To: sachinrthakkar@hotmail.com
CC: vrm@tatamotors.com; Ravi.Bhatia@fiapl.com; rajeev.kapoor@fiat.com; vikram.sinha@tatamotors.com
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 11:51:56 +0530
Subject: Re: Grievance

Dear Mr. Thakkar,

Based upon the inputs received from the dealership, in-plant inputs, test results on other test vehicles and versions of all those who are responsible for the technical parameters of the vehicle in question, we confirm that your vehicle meets the specifications of a perfect road worthy vehicle and there is nothing wrong therewith.

Tyre wear has a direct relationship to driving habits (speed, braking, turning etc.,) on curves and the amount of drag, traction due to speed leads to additional friction on the tyre and its tyre wear pattern. Road, contour, and topography of the terrain, contributes a lot to the load coming on tyre due to friction generated between the vehicle tyre(s) and the road surface.

Based on our technical evaluation, we can only conclude that the type of terrain - curvy / winding roads your car admittedly transits each day is responsible for type of tyre wear noted in your vehicle.

In the circumstances we can only state that your car is fully healthy and we can do nothing more than what we have already done so far for factors beyond our control and you are requested to take note accordingly. It may also be stated that all vehicles using such or similar terrain will have similar tyre wear pattern. We are therefore treating the matter as closed at our end.

We further request you to refrain from undesirable and incorrect propaganda seen from your side so far.
As far as performance of the vehicle is concerned, we can assure you that the vehicle will continue to perform to expected standards.

In the unlikely event that it doesn’t, we will ensure that we do whatever is needed, of-course strictly within the terms and conditions of warranty.

We remain at your service, as always,

Warm Regards
Anand Kumar
--------------------------------------------------------------------
@Mod:Can you please add "Official mail included on Page 7" to the heading.
Old 26th February 2010, 14:03   #120
BHPian

About the road

Update from Sachin-

The road I drive almost 65 Kms oneway from Pimple saudagar Pune to LAVASA where I work, well friend from Pune may be quitely aware of LAVASA for people who dont now about LAVASA these roads are extremely well constructed and well maintained no pot holes and very verl paved. On my way to LAVASA I have to pass 2 ghats 1st of uphill 4 Kms approx and then same downhill and the 2nd of 8 Kms uphill and 9 Kms down hill. Sone of the pics of the road attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Grande Punto Problem. EDIT: Protest Pics on Pg 6. Update on Pg 14-lavasa-roads.jpg  

Grande Punto Problem. EDIT: Protest Pics on Pg 6. Update on Pg 14-temghar-lavasa-road.jpg  

Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks