Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2010, 17:02   #91
Team-BHP Support

It's simple actually. Replace 1 and they might have to replace 100. Do not set a precedent and take advantage of the ineffective judicial system.
Old 21st February 2010, 21:37   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpullockaran View Post
Years ago and I too had gone through the same predicament of having to hear the nonsense that the roads in Ernakulam were responsible for the ills of my Junkindica. 8 years ago I had fixed a similar sticker on my Junkindica stating " More Troubles per Car" with an arrow pointing to the roads. The Tata's took the photo of the car when I parked it in front of their showroom and gave a restraining order through the court. I won the case there and the consumer court case 8 years later that is on 11th January 2010. Once I get the court order which will take 3 months; I shall paste the contents here. The Indian judicial system will take 9 to 15 years if you go in for a compromise with the opposite parties but only about 3 to 4 years if you do not accept any compromise judgment from the court. Never ever agree for a compromise once you file a consumer case. Best of luck to Sachin if you go through with the consumer case. I could help you with it as I fought the case alone without employing a lawyer. Make sure you employ a trust worthy lawyer as he or she will be enticed with huge sums. The budget for my case alone to the opposite parties lawyer was about 30 lakhs some of which could be used to entice any number of people; a case in point being that the noting's and case files pertaining to the case files went missing from the court 4 years ago when the TATA's realized that I would be winning the case. Thankfully as far as I can tell the judge's in my case were not corrupt. I do not understand the company logic though that they were willing to pay lawyer fees of about 30 lakhs but were not keen in replacing my Junkindica.

ahhh
Same was brought to my knowledge that going to consumer court is a illusive thing, which only give promising feedback on TV commercials.
I was not even thinking of having a compensation, all i want was a lesson to be taught to FIAT.
Finally i reallised, i have lost 5 months of my precios time in chasing these worthless people, and if i procee it will only add up to it.
Best is to hit them where it hurt most. On their business.
At times i feel funny that, how on earth can FIAT even afford to do it again.
hats off to FIAT for keping there image intact.
Buddy PM me, I will share my viewpoints, if it can help you in some regard.

regards
Harish
Old 22nd February 2010, 11:23   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post
Rather than advertising your regret, you rather do something about it.
Fix it..!! If it cant be fixed, sell it. If you cant sell it, drive the nuts off it. Dont live with regret.
With all due respect to Jay and GTO, I just cannot agree with Jay.
Our man here has tried to fix it and is still trying to get Fiat to fix it.
His perseverence must be respected.
Coming to selling it, there are two options:
1. Put in new shoes and palm it off to some unsuspecting, unfortunate and innocent customer - which is a very very bad thing to do.
2. Inform the prospective customer - and sell it for a low price and bear the brunt yourself - which is again a very bad thing to do to yourself
So resolving the problem is the key - and his perseverance shows that he is the best guy for the task at hand! So Kudos to Sachin!
Bravo, we are with you!
PS: Our man is not living with regret - he is only making sure Fiat is gonna regret it!
Old 22nd February 2010, 14:06   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsha.cs1 View Post
Our man is not living with regret - he is only making sure Fiat is gonna regret it!
Well said bro, very true.
Old 22nd February 2010, 14:31   #95
BHPian

Updates please !!

What is the status now ?
Old 22nd February 2010, 14:56   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpullockaran View Post
Years ago and I too had gone through the same predicament of having to hear the nonsense that the roads in Ernakulam were responsible for the ills of my Junkindica. 8 years ago I had fixed a similar sticker on my Junkindica stating " More Troubles per Car" with an arrow pointing to the roads. The Tata's took the photo of the car when I parked it in front of their showroom and gave a restraining order through the court. I won the case there and the consumer court case 8 years later that is on 11th January 2010. .
Congrats doc, on winning the case. I knew about your 'Junkindica' and this case since 2006.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan_pullarwar View Post
Here are Sachin's car painted
There should have been stickers on the sides too, with bigger letters.

Last edited by clevermax : 22nd February 2010 at 14:58.
Old 22nd February 2010, 15:54   #97
Senior - BHPian

5 months gone and Fiat is still clueless about what is causing the abnormal tire wear!!
I doubt if they have any one who knows the cars internals, specially the suspension very well.

C'mon Fiat you don't want to pack your bag again because you can't fix your own car, do you? Now at least replace Sachin's car with a new one. Let him enjoy his car rather then running after your A.S.S.

I remember my friend's Hyundai Verna's (Diesel. 1st lot) front tire worn out after 5000 KM's and the rear ones were as good as new!! He visited Hyundai showroom and luckily got a chance to speak with a Hyundai engineer who visited the showroom. He suggested my friend to exchange the rear set with the front ones
Old 23rd February 2010, 14:45   #98
BHPian

Update from Sachin -

Thanks a lot for all your suppport and help, also please thank all friends on Team Bhp on my behalf I am really very great full for all their help and advice. I tried again to register at the Team Bhp but again invain, anyways will keep trying as I want to share things with all friends on Team Bhp. Regarding filing a case in the Consumer court I think it should be the last option as these corporates will spend anything in the court and selling it to someone ? No question at all without telling the problem the Car has got, I will be adding more and more lines on the car at a gap of time, if I write everything in a go the impact will be more just once, I will keep writing the complete history on the car till it has no more space left to write anything.
I have sent the photos of the car with the regret remark to Mr. CEO of Fiat and also to MD Tatamotors, trying to sent one mail with history to Chairman of Tatamotors (marketting partners of Fiat) hope I get the email ID of the chairman.
Well I am regretting the purchase of the vehicle and want the prospective buyers of the vehicle to know what They have made me to go through, I have never tried to persuade anyone from not going for a Fiat vehicle but just want to bring to notice of people that this is what I am going through.
Thanks a lot again. Will keep all of you friend updated on the proceedings.
Old 25th February 2010, 14:22   #99
BHPian

Official mail from Fiat

Sachin requested me to post the mail which he got from Fiat. Below is the mail.
----------------------------------------------------------------
To: sachinrthakkar@hotmail.com
CC: vrm@tatamotors.com; Ravi.Bhatia@fiapl.com; rajeev.kapoor@fiat.com; vikram.sinha@tatamotors.com
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 11:51:56 +0530
Subject: Re: Grievance

Dear Mr. Thakkar,

Based upon the inputs received from the dealership, in-plant inputs, test results on other test vehicles and versions of all those who are responsible for the technical parameters of the vehicle in question, we confirm that your vehicle meets the specifications of a perfect road worthy vehicle and there is nothing wrong therewith.

Tyre wear has a direct relationship to driving habits (speed, braking, turning etc.,) on curves and the amount of drag, traction due to speed leads to additional friction on the tyre and its tyre wear pattern. Road, contour, and topography of the terrain, contributes a lot to the load coming on tyre due to friction generated between the vehicle tyre(s) and the road surface.

Based on our technical evaluation, we can only conclude that the type of terrain - curvy / winding roads your car admittedly transits each day is responsible for type of tyre wear noted in your vehicle.

In the circumstances we can only state that your car is fully healthy and we can do nothing more than what we have already done so far for factors beyond our control and you are requested to take note accordingly. It may also be stated that all vehicles using such or similar terrain will have similar tyre wear pattern. We are therefore treating the matter as closed at our end.

We further request you to refrain from undesirable and incorrect propaganda seen from your side so far.
As far as performance of the vehicle is concerned, we can assure you that the vehicle will continue to perform to expected standards.

In the unlikely event that it doesn’t, we will ensure that we do whatever is needed, of-course strictly within the terms and conditions of warranty.

We remain at your service, as always,

Warm Regards
Anand Kumar
--------------------------------------------------------------------
@Mod:Can you please add "Official mail included on Page 7" to the heading.

Last edited by pawan_pullarwar : 25th February 2010 at 14:24.
Old 25th February 2010, 14:44   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Based on our technical evaluation, we can only conclude that the type of terrain - curvy / winding roads your car admittedly transits each day is responsible for type of tyre wear noted in your vehicle.
@ Sachin

Oh man what a response!! So how do we prove that there is something wrong in the car itself?
By asking them to drive the car on the same road you normally drive? Or you driving another car on same road and check for abnormal tyre wear?

Any idea what does the tyre company has to say regarding this behavior?

Last edited by HammerHead : 25th February 2010 at 14:45.
Old 25th February 2010, 14:48   #101
BHPian

@ pawan & sachin

which road is this ?
Old 25th February 2010, 14:56   #102
Senior - BHPian

Bull crap. Full on liars. Shame on fiat - Shame on Anand Kumar.
Old 25th February 2010, 15:15   #103
Senior - BHPian

I believe that are several other vehicles that take the same route as Pawan but that they are not affected ?
Old 25th February 2010, 15:21   #104
BHPian

According to the mail above, Fiat is saying all cars will suffer the same problem.

I think Fiat should provide another Punto for 1 month to Sachin and ask him to drive on the same road. If problem occurs than it is the defect in Punto, if not than Fiat should ractify Sachin's Punto.
Old 25th February 2010, 15:25   #105
BHPian

Curvy winding roads are responsible for tyre wear?? Are they nuts?
Just placing the blame on the customer won't do.

"WE REMAIN AT YOUR SERVICE, AS ALWAYS" = What For?? Such incidents will only ruin the reputation more.

@ Pawan: +1 to that (replacing solution).

Last edited by mnhegde : 25th February 2010 at 15:27.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks