Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2006, 22:13   #31
DRC
BHPian

I think this issue got raked up to help some one. And my problem is solved now.

Paint on Body, I just ignored. over a period of time, due to repeated washing and polishin, the paint dis appeared.

Wind screen, I was very disturbed to continue with the problem in this part, so after trying/learning all the options, finally I decided to change the wind screen, and did so. Not so much happy with the Asahi glass, which the Wind shield experts replaced. But the job those guys do is very professional and perfect. The quality of glass earlier had -Pilkington- was much better. Asahi tends to get water marks very soon. Glare is gone. so solved my problem.
Old 24th August 2006, 23:06   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

DRC,
when our fiesta got a small bumper dent, we got it repaired and painted but then the whole car became rough and always looked dirty.
It's been 4 months and it's still like that. How long did it take you? I am planning to get it done after monsoons along with the interiors.

Also guys,
in our corolla, some cement had fallen over the body and was later removed but now, when the car is driven in the rains at night and the wiper is on, it becomes really unclear and tough to see and there is a lot of glare. It is as though there is a coating over the windsheild.
What should we do? It's quite difficult to see for me so i guess its even worse for the drive (he's 68). The car travels 70km everyday so it's quite important too.
thanks.
Old 25th August 2006, 03:19   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

@Lambo, try changing your viper blades that will make the vision better. I had a similar problem in my accord and felt the blades were fine but i took a chance and changed the blades and the glare has reduced alot! Also use a reputed companys windscreen/glass cleaning solution to get ride of grime etc that plus blade change should solve most of the problem. Remember to use newspaper to clean the glass with the solution NOT cloth.
Old 25th August 2006, 12:05   #34
DRC
BHPian

Lambo, It took about an year, and I think 4 polishes (read waxing). I use Formula 1 wax.

The glass, I drive about nearly 10 months before replacing

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks