Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2010, 09:11   #31
BHPian

The problem is back again. The pump was serviced at Concorde. But diesel is leaking everyday morning.

Everyday morning I call Tata Motors helpline, they send a person to fix it and it starts leaking again the next day. This has been going on almost everyday for the last week.

I have already lodged a complaint against Concorde Motors. I would appreciate any help to diagnose the problem or take it with the higher officials at Tata Motors.
Old 2nd August 2010, 18:43   #32
BHPian

Concorde picked up the car today morning and replaced a washer. They will deliver it later in the evening. Hopefully there will be no issues now.
Old 4th August 2010, 09:26   #33
BHPian

Diesel is leaking again.

So everyday they are trying to fix the problem and it is back again next day morning.

I have asked Concorde to keep the car for a couple of days and resolve the issues. Verbally they agreed to provide us with a replacement car.

Hopefully they will resolve it for good.

Even Tata Motors Pune is frustrated with Concorde. I am talking to a guy called Prashant everyday morning and he is also irritated with the carelessness of the dealer.

I think they really don't have a clue on why diesel is leaking. I would appreciate any pointer or clues.

Thanks.
Old 4th August 2010, 09:47   #34
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumannandy View Post
Diesel is leaking again.
Wanna go and "Pay" them a visit?
Old 4th August 2010, 10:22   #35
Senior - BHPian

Suman, are you making your posts at two different locations? I see your posts also here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...s-service.html
Old 4th August 2010, 10:57   #36
Senior - BHPian

@suman:

Could you explain exact location of the leak! I cannot figure out it. My Safari was too leaking Diesel a little ago. but It got sorted out on its own.
Old 4th August 2010, 19:02   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Wanna go and "Pay" them a visit?
Thank you for your help. But Mr. Prem sent a mechanic and a senior advisor who changed some washers. According to him (Mr. Tulsi) there was a bolt where no washer was needed per manual. But they had put a washer there by mistake which was causing leakage.

They had checked the car thoroughly 2 days back. Wondering how could they miss it. May be it is just another story. And if it leaks again, they will find another washer.

Mr. Prem assured that if it happens again, he will arrange for a replacement car and get the Safari checked at the workshop.

Diesel is not leaking anymore, but I guess I will have to check tomorrow morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Suman, are you making your posts at two different locations? I see your posts also here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...s-service.html
hmmm..... looks like it . I will update in this post only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedised View Post
@suman:

Could you explain exact location of the leak! I cannot figure out it. My Safari was too leaking Diesel a little ago. but It got sorted out on its own.
The leak is not from the pump, so I think the pump was serviced well. The leak is from the points where the pipes are connected to the pump and it is because of improper fitting of the fuel pump. Concorde motors also accepted their mistake.

Most of the breakdown guys at Pune now knows my name.

Last edited by sumannandy : 4th August 2010 at 19:04.
Old 30th August 2010, 10:01   #38
BHPian

Diesel is leaking again. Today morning it was leaking like a "pressure wash".

However, after running for some time, the flow rate was reduced. May be some rubber kit?

Talked to the Regional Office in Tata Bangalore with Mr. Pramod this morning. He promised to get Mr. Nikhil, the regional CSM, involved and assured me of a speedy resolution.
Old 30th August 2010, 11:30   #39
BHPian

Forget the TATA A$$ and take the safari to an independent garage who know their stuff.
I don't think its anything serious..most probably its a blown out washer or a seal.
I can suggest you a garage - Technokraft at JP Nagar. The owner is a friend of mine and he is an automobile engineer himself. They have been working on Safaris and Sierras from a long time.
PM me if you are interested.
Old 30th August 2010, 15:43   #40
Senior - BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : One-liners that add ZERO value to the thread are strictly prohibited on Team-BHP. In fact, they are considered as SPAM. Please do not hit the post submit button unless you have something of value to add to the thread.

We advise you to visit our board rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 5th September 2010 at 16:01.
mercedised is online now   Received Infraction
Old 30th August 2010, 18:49   #41
BHPian

The TATA regional customer care got involved. I spoke to Mr. Nikhil and he assured me that the car would not be delivered unless it is inspected by them.

Concorde motors picked up the car today morning. they will also arrange for a replacement car by tomorrow.
Old 31st August 2010, 13:33   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeva View Post
Forget the TATA A$$ and take the safari to an independent garage who know their stuff.
I don't think its anything serious..most probably its a blown out washer or a seal.
I can suggest you a garage - Technokraft at JP Nagar. The owner is a friend of mine and he is an automobile engineer himself. They have been working on Safaris and Sierras from a long time.
PM me if you are interested.
Thanks for the information. Please let me know the contact details.

They have sent the pump to the vendor for diagnosis and/or repair. If it is not done today by 5.30ish, they will arrange for a replacement car.
Old 31st August 2010, 14:19   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatmana2000 View Post
Yep , for older engines the normal diesel is much better , but the latest engines like the multijet , tdci are designed for HSD .
Dunno about TDCI but FIAT recommends normal diesel for Multijet engines
Old 1st September 2010, 09:54   #44
BHPian

I took the delivery of the car yesterday. Concorde has started telling lies these days.

Before I took the delivery, Prem called me and said they "arrested" the fuel leakage. I went to the actual servicing center at Attibele and they confirmed taht they have not done anything at all.

Now they are asking me to pay 8k + 25% to replace the entire top housing.

I think the work they did last February has led to the leakage at the top. How do I prove it?

Need help .
Old 1st September 2010, 11:10   #45
Senior - BHPian

You will have to sit on the top of their HEADS to get the issue resolved for none rupees. For every work that is carried out at TASC there is some warranty of 3-6 months (That's what I was told by someone). You should tell them this and ask them about the whole repair job that was done last time. If that repair job contained the part or area (which is now leaking as per them) then tell them that this was serviced and hence no charges.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks