Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2012, 00:55   #91
BHPian

Re: Bharat Stage IV

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Klever, if your move is going to be temporary, drive around on Chennai plates itself. If permanent, then its better to sell your Spark off and buy a new car in Hyderabad.
Hi,
I have a 3 yr old BSIII Tata Safari registered in the state of Odisha. I might be moving to Delhi for atleast 2 years.

please advise whether I will be able to register my vehicle in Delhi, If not can I drive around with my Odisha Number plate and for how long (legally and not so legally )
Old 24th October 2012, 01:22   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidcruise79 View Post
Hi,
I have a 3 yr old BSIII Tata Safari registered in the state of Odisha. I might be moving to Delhi for atleast 2 years.

please advise whether I will be able to register my vehicle in Delhi, If not can I drive around with my Odisha Number plate and for how long (legally and not so legally )
You can drive around peacefully all over north india for as long as you want(legally), with OR registration,just keep all the papers in place.
Old 8th February 2014, 14:49   #93
BANNED

Availability of Euro 4 Diesel in Euro 3 Regions

BACKGROUND
Subsequent to implementation of stricter emission standards from April 2010, All Metros and 11 Cities have Bharat Stage IV(Euro 4) while rest of India is on Bharat Stage III(Euro 3).Consequently the regions under Euro 4 have Ultra Low Sulphur Diesel (50PPM) retailed while other regions of Euro 3 have Low Sulphur Diesel(350ppm)retailed.

ISSUE
Service Manuals of Euro 4 Vehicles clearly recommend use of Diesel Fuel not exceeding Sulphur content of 50ppm to prevent damage to the Engine.Also use of Bio Diesel or its blending is strictly prohibited.Problem arises when you wish to travel long distances into regions with availability of only Euro 3 Diesel. Use of Diesel Fuel with high Sulphur content of 350ppm may cause extensive damage to the Fuel Injection System of the Euro 4 Vehicle.

SOLUTION SOLICITED

In light of above I wish to seek advise from knowledgeable BHPIANS for the work around besides carrying Jerry Can Loads of Diesel Fuel. My contemplation is to Drive NEW DELHI-ALLAHABAD-VARANASI-NEW DELHI on my Chevy CRUZE VCDI AT Bharat Stage IV. Yet to receive reply to my emails to oil companies on retailing of Euro 4 Diesel in Euro 3 regions.
Old 27th February 2014, 18:17   #94
BANNED

In light of a Strict no on usage of Diesel Fuel with Sulphur content exceeding 50ppm, apropos users manual of my Chevy CRUZE, I was able to find a work around during my Delhi-Allahabad-Varanasi-Delhi trip, by a Tank Full at Kanpur (Being Euro 4 City) during onward as well as return journey. Combination of Fuel Tank of 60L on my Chevy Cruze and FE of 15.5Km/L on highway I was able to successfully complete my round trip of over 1640Km in four days. It is noteworthy that none of the Fuel pump attendants are aware of Euro 4 fuel or ULSD. I strongly request oil companies through this medium to orient all their retailer to available Fuel types and make them sensitive to Sulphur content of Diesel with a cautionary note to refrain usage of Euro 3 Diesel (350ppm) in Euro 4 cars.
Old 20th August 2014, 11:22   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapursaket View Post
It is noteworthy that none of the Fuel pump attendants are aware of Euro 4 fuel or ULSD. I strongly request oil companies through this medium to orient all their retailer to available Fuel types and make them sensitive to Sulphur content of Diesel with a cautionary note to refrain usage of Euro 3 Diesel (350ppm) in Euro 4 cars.
It's a pity that most people don't seem to be aware of these regulations. I had this experience in Pune last year. This pump located in outskirts of Pune corporation and I have a BS IV CRDi i20.

When I had this doubt, I checked with the pump folks and they are not aware what is this all about. I thought not to blame them since they just fill fuel & collect money. I walked to the office of the pump to check and to my surprise even the guy who looks after accounts there threw me a strange look when I questioned about the grade of the Diesel. Then I convinced him to show me the invoice from IOCL and it is mentioned BS III which was printed by the old dot matrix printer and very hard to distinguish.

I did write an e-mail to IOCL marketing but no response.
(Did I hear you saying it will be a surprise if they respond )
Old 8th January 2016, 06:18   #96
BHPian

Planning to buy a 2nd hand Bolero (BS3) from Coimbatore and my usage will be in Chennai.
Will I be able to change to my name and address in chennai.
Old 8th January 2016, 09:38   #97
BANNED

For Diesel owners, the bigger issue is adulteration. With most pumps selling Diesel with special additives (aka Kerosene) probably worrying about BS-III and IV is irrelevant. Petrol adulteration (with Naphtha) is also there but not that rampant. So the first thing will be to locate a reliable pump.

Incidentally, now the number of cities with BS-IV is 40.
Old 18th March 2016, 13:08   #98

Hello BHPians - First of all apologies if this is not the right place, but what I want to know is whether my Toyota Innova VX 8S is a BS3 model or BS4 model. It was purchased in Jan 2011. I have searched online, BHP Blogs, My vehicle insurance papers as well as purchase receipts but nowhere it seems to be mentioned what is the BS rating for the vehicle. All it says everywhere is that its a Toyota Innova 8 seater VX model.

I can provide the VIN if that helps in anyway - but would really appreciate if somebody can throw some light on it, or at least provide the correct pointer from where I can get such information.
Old 14th April 2016, 21:23   #99
BHPian

Existing PUC limits on BS2/BS3 is 0.5 % CO, 750 PPM HC MAX
Validity is 6 months

Now I got to know that PUC for BS4 will be a separate test category with measurements at IDLE and Raised IDLE,
Idle: 0.3% CO, 200 ppm HC MAX
Raised IDLE (2500 RPM) 0.2% CO, 200 ppm HC MAX
Validity will be 12 months.
I am not sure when this gazette notification will be seen in action at PUC centers.
Old 17th March 2018, 23:02   #100
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopa99 View Post
Now I got to know that PUC for BS4 will be ... Validity will be 12 months.
I am not sure when this gazette notification will be seen in action at PUC centers.
Has anyone experienced this during checking ? My last Emission test report states ( printed ) that the certificate is valid for 1 year for BS-iV vehicles. Have seen this on both petrol & diesel emission test reports.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks