Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2011, 19:34   #61
BHPian

Re: Reliable Fiat ECU scanner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jethari View Post
Hi All

Connected the three pin cable to the bluetooth ELM tool to my fiat siena weekend and using scan-master tried to read the ECU. It connects to the ECU (says ECU connected......), but does not read any parameters. For eg. coolant temp shows -40, engine rpm shows 0. Is it because it is a demo version or does it not support my car?

Hari
Are you using the software on the PC? Try FiatECUScan (FES) that can be downloaded freely from the web. I have not used it with ELM, but the homepage says that is supports it. FES supports most of the Fiat ECUs that uses non-standard OBD protocol.
Old 12th August 2011, 19:50   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
Are you using the software on the PC? Try FiatECUScan (FES) that can be downloaded freely from the web. I have not used it with ELM, but the homepage says that is supports it. FES supports most of the Fiat ECUs that uses non-standard OBD protocol.
I tried Fiat ECU scan as well. It is also not able to connect to the ECU. I selected Palio 1.6 16V from the list of cars as siena is not listed there.

Hari
Old 12th August 2011, 20:06   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jethari View Post
I tried Fiat ECU scan as well. It is also not able to connect to the ECU. I selected Palio 1.6 16V from the list of cars as siena is not listed there.

Hari
THe list in FES may not map to the actual ECU model. Check the exact ECU model under the hood. Is it MM or Bosch? Please post the picture of the ECU if possible.
Old 12th August 2011, 20:26   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
THe list in FES may not map to the actual ECU model. Check the exact ECU model under the hood. Is it MM or Bosch? Please post the picture of the ECU if possible.
OK, will do in the morning tomorrow.

Hari
Old 13th August 2011, 10:23   #65
BHPian

The ECU is MM !AW 49F. I remember trying that option as well. Will try again today. Will keep you posted.

Hari

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks