Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2007, 22:09   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Can this be done on a Swift? What would the palpable changes one could expect during daily city driving?

Also curious to know abt any fallback measures were the remapped ECU to malfunction while driving . I know abt EEPROMS not having any moving parts and other fundamentals from my Engineering days.
Old 19th January 2007, 10:20   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipsyde View Post
correct me if i;m wrong.....but isnt the ECU chipping an utter waste of money unless your car is fitted with a turbo. from what i;ve heard ECU chipping will give you higher boosts from your turbo which will increase turbo wear and obviously reduce the life of the turbo.

even if the ECU could possibly feed the car wit more fuel or more air for that matter wouldnt you have to go in for bigger intakes and injectores.......even then i dont think we're looking at more than 10bhp increase in output.......max.

i know ford rocam said something like this b4.....but still people wanna chip their accords and 1.6 palio's.

jus my 2 cents......
hi , bits of what you say are correct. not to sure of the waste of time bit,yes the returns [bhp increase] is higher from a turbo d vehicle [ increased boost& ing timing] but kept in moderation your turbo is safe as long as your oil change intervals are shortened proportionatly. my tdi now runs 21psi[with larger nozzels] and have had no probs at all, just wide grins.as i said earlier my palio[non turbo] give me lesser effects of a remap compartivly[10-15% palio,25-30% octy].
Old 19th January 2007, 13:50   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by air870 View Post
hi , bits of what you say are correct. not to sure of the waste of time bit,yes the returns [bhp increase] is higher from a turbo d vehicle [ increased boost& ing timing] but kept in moderation your turbo is safe as long as your oil change intervals are shortened proportionatly. my tdi now runs 21psi[with larger nozzels] and have had no probs at all, just wide grins.as i said earlier my palio[non turbo] give me lesser effects of a remap compartivly[10-15% palio,25-30% octy].
hi air870...... i didnt mean to put anyone off by saying waste of time..... but ECU chipping and remaps cost about 500 euros as we have seen thats like 25000INR not including the delivery charges and the fact ur car will be put off operation for a while!..... u could get a Free flow, polished and ported heads along with a good intake system with the downpipes and everything for that price. i'm sure all the above mods would give u at least 15% increase in power....if not more. and these are easily available and easier to diagnose(if ur having trouble).

the octy for sure must be having u grin from ear to ear!!! thts one astonishing car!! its quick, poised and comfortable all at the same time!! and now with a ECU remap ....... must be goin wild!!!

P.S are u sure shortened oil change intervals will save your turbo from frying too soon with the ECU remap? i didnt know about that.
Old 19th January 2007, 13:54   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboindia View Post
Just wanted to inform you guys we can do these ECU's as well but we need to remove it and send it to UK. That is your car stays off the raod for atleast 2 weeks and at the end you get around 7 to 8 BHP. Really Not worth it the only reason why we are not doing it. I dont think any of you guys would spend 20-25 grand for 7 to 8 BHP,right?
for those who missed turboindia's post
Old 23rd January 2007, 03:11   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipsyde View Post
hi air870...... i didnt mean to put anyone off by saying waste of time..... but ECU chipping and remaps cost about 500 euros as we have seen thats like 25000INR not including the delivery charges and the fact ur car will be put off operation for a while!..... u could get a Free flow, polished and ported heads along with a good intake system with the downpipes and everything for that price. i'm sure all the above mods would give u at least 15% increase in power....if not more. and these are easily available and easier to diagnose(if ur having trouble).

the octy for sure must be having u grin from ear to ear!!! thts one astonishing car!! its quick, poised and comfortable all at the same time!! and now with a ECU remap ....... must be goin wild!!!

P.S are u sure shortened oil change intervals will save your turbo from frying too soon with the ECU remap? i didnt know about that.
the ecu remap costs [300 euros for the palio and 400$ for the octy] under 500 euros. shipping and handling should be around 30 euros and 25$ respectivly. the ecu remap is usally the last thing in your list of mods as all the earlier work has to be factored into the remap, hence the engine breathing[intake,port/polish and exhaust] have already been done earlier. as far as the oil change bit, any mod that stresses your engine requires attention to parts that are likely to be at their limit. a little TLC helps. with over a 40% increase over stock in the octy one better be very carefull.
Old 11th March 2008, 13:31   #51
BHPian

hi pete can u actually do a 2000 model santro?? its all stocks at the moment.
Old 11th March 2008, 14:09   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vys De BlUR View Post
hi pete can u actually do a 2000 model santro?? its all stocks at the moment.
If its Pete's box that you wanted, then you need a diesel car.
I think he can remap your car's ECU though but wont be worth price-wise. There are people who does remap and sort.

Start with air-filter,header and sort which are wallet friendly when you compare it will remaps.
Old 11th March 2008, 17:24   #53
BHPian

I have a 2007 Swift VXi (petrol) and done Wind CAI at Petes. When I asked him about the ECU, he told he doesn't have anything other than Wind for Petrol Swift (No ECU work). I don't think he has ECU upgrade for small petrol cars. Anyway get in touch with him at petes.in and send a query.
Old 12th March 2008, 07:35   #54
BHPian

What you guys don't seem to figure out is that Pete's only offers ECU Remap for Skodas and Merc's and other international brands. Thats because these cars are originating from abroad and already have tried and tested engine remaps from dozen of tuners.

They are not outright ECU tuners who will sit down with your car and remap no matter what the model is. They are only remapping cars with engine maps received from Custom Code, and that means they can only cater to those cars for whom Custom Code creates engine maps.

P.S. The above statements are not meant to disturb anyone's business deals but purely for educating the public. The job done by Pete's is highly commendable as they are responsible for the boost in Indian Car mods scene.
Old 25th July 2008, 19:55   #55
BANNED

ECU upgrade question..new and happy to be here

Anyone with interests in ECU mods? I have a swift diesel and an older 540i that I would like to upgrade from the stock performance. Can anyone recommend a shop or an expert who can do this without any physical mods? but just help with firmware upgrade? Thanks

Note from Team-BHP Support : Thread merged. Please use the search feature before creating a new thread on a topic that might already exist. Please continue your discussion in an existing thread. This will keep all the relevant information in one place and make it easier for readers in the future.

Last edited by Jaggu : 25th July 2008 at 20:42.
Old 21st January 2009, 20:57   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16v100bhp View Post
just checked out Chiptuning DMT Chiptuning - dmtuning.com - Rendement Power Vermogen voor uw auto. Could you please let us know on how to go about this. They have mentioned that they will mail the software in the cd once you have registered and made the payment.

Did you mean sending them the ECU and they will retune and send it back to us... I would defenitely like to know how you did it. Please share some more info on this...
Quote:
Originally Posted by air870 View Post
check out DMTuning belgium. you will have to mail your ECU to them and tell them about your other mods to optimise the rechip
Hi,
frk racing (Mr. Fazil Khan) might do these fiat palio's all kinds of upgrades including ecu's, why dont you enquire them..
regards,
Old 21st January 2009, 22:38   #57
BHPian

OK may be a bit off topic. I replaced my O2 Sensor on my Ford Ikon 1.6 today because it was damaged. But i do not see any difference at all. After enquiring with my mechanic he said that i need to run for around 50 kms before the ECU is rightly mapped. Is this the case?

OK i just saw a different thread reg ECU reset. Mods can you please post this question there?

Last edited by sanju.sreekumar : 21st January 2009 at 22:41. Reason: Wrong Thread
Old 6th February 2009, 04:44   #58

palio remap

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakhon View Post
Pete,

Can something be done to Palio 1.2? It should do well with a little assistance like this

Cheers,
Hi

you can check with FRK Racing Bangalore....Chip Tuning bangalore india ECU Reflashing / Remapping Bangalore FRK Racing - Performance Upgrades for engines, transmissions, suspensions/steering
regards,
Old 6th February 2009, 09:08   #59
BANNED

HI Guys,

You might also want to consider a remap from Zakie Ismail of Tuned I-Chips who offers remaps for almost all cars Petrol or Diesel.

Tuned i-Chips Home

Viper
Old 26th April 2009, 12:05   #60
BHPian

Remapping my Baleno

Can we remap the baleno 1.6 motor. or any other mods that are not too expensive but increase the power without affecting the mileage. If so please specify a shop at trivandrum, kerala to get this done.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks