Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2016, 10:16   #91
BANNED

Re: ECU-remapping / Chipping

Maybe now that Diesels are no longer the 'flavor of the day' tuners will start looking at Petrol engines, both blown and normally aspirated. I think with BS-III/IV petrol getting standardized (91RON) and also (hopefully) some reduction in adulteration we have some scope in Petrol engines, say 5-15% gain. I do wish we start getting the 95RON Euro-IV Premium blend, at reasonable price, and not the confiscatory RON97 at ₹80 or so.
Old 2nd October 2016, 15:31   #92
BHPian

30% More Power & Mileage by stock ECU remap

This guy here claims 30% increase of power and milage by remapping the stock ECU

Link https://www.olx.in/item/30-more-powe...-ID17BEhF.html

I messaged the guy who posted the ad for details and he replied saying

Quote:
We alter the maps in the ECU of your car, and deliver an output of upto 30% increase of power. Manufacturers do not utilise the true potential of an engine due to legal limitations and of course market contraints. Eg: Duster 85 ps and 110 ps - Same engine just different maps.
Experts, your opinions please.
Old 2nd October 2016, 15:37   #93
BANNED

@Aston.Martin; While 30% may be available on 'blown' engines, I doubt it will be easy to get on normally aspirated ones. Also, remapping is often at the cost of driveability and smoothness.
Old 2nd October 2016, 16:20   #94
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 30% More Power & Mileage by stock ECU remap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aston.Martin View Post
This guy here claims 30% increase of power and milage by remapping the stock ECU

Link https://www.olx.in/item/30-more-powe...-ID17BEhF.html

I messaged the guy who posted the ad for details and he replied saying

Experts, your opinions please.
I just checked their FB page, looks like new tuner. But they have done remap for Jazz 1.5 Idtec( Should be first in India). Alientech had cracked the protocol for Civic 1.6 Idtec last week and I guess 1.5 Idtec also uses same ECU.

https://www.facebook.com/VergeRacing/
Old 3rd October 2016, 09:32   #95
BANNED

@Dr.Naren; I think the 1.5Idtec is derived from the 1.6 so the ECU should be the same or at least similar. Again we would like to see the driveability. Also, the 1.6petrol of Honda is 'blown', so someone should try and have a go it it.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2016, 11:36   #96
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
@Dr.Naren; I think the 1.5Idtec is derived from the 1.6 so the ECU should be the same or at least similar. Again we would like to see the driveability. Also, the 1.6petrol of Honda is 'blown', so someone should try and have a go it it.
Yes, 1.5 is a derivative of 1.6. 1.6 IDTEC has Bosch EDC17C58 ECU. I tired to check the ECU in my friend's Jazz and did not even manage to find it . It should be hidden somewhere.

Petrol Honda IVTEC has Keihin ECU and it can be tuned. But, most of the tuners do not do it as it's a risky ECU to work. I think only Kiirus does it.
Old 27th July 2017, 01:09   #97

Hey folks its been quite a few days since I had been into the thread. Initially it was just for curiosity purpose but I have never thought that it would be so soon that i will make up my mind for the mod. Its still not completely sure if I will go for it but I would like to get some help from you guys. I need my 2015 model automatic Chevy Cruze to be worked over. I am very much confused if I should go for a remap or piggy back ecu,s from race dynamics and others. There are lot of discussions in which the user are more than happy with their piggyback ecu but in competitions remaps are regarded as far more superior but it is a more complex procedure and at the same time bricked ecu is big fear. What I need is better straight line acceleration and better torque figures for more eased up traffic drive. We all friends and family members like to drive and I need them to notice the surge from the moment they leave the clutch for the first time .(its not like this i am just excited).Also I would not like black and white clouds coming out of my exhaust.
I am a lot confused with pros and cons of both,I would be a lot thankful if my fellow bhpians guide me through it. What i want is that the worth of each penny I spent spent can be felt every time I floor down the accelerator.
Also I would like to know some good and reliable outlet and tuners in Delhi to perform the tuneup or installations.
Thank You in advance to all.
Old 31st July 2017, 15:46   #98
BHPian

Any good place in mumbai to get skoda yeti remapped?
sagpatel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2018, 08:55   #99
BANNED

Re: Remapped - Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi

Given the practical conditions of our roads (read: traffic, drivers/riders with less traffic sense, animals and what not), do we really need stuffs like tuning boxes, remaps etc? Are we not compromising on the safety of the vehicle somewhere?

We all think twice before up-sizing a tyre because the error will exceed 3% either way but looks like remaps are a lot more easier choice. We refrain from using a mobile phone which has seen a motherboard replacement owing to reliability issues in the future but if an ECU is opened and tampered upon, we are okay.

What is the need to shed a couple of seconds off the 0-100 timing and subsequent roll-on figures, unless one is into a professional sport?

With a remapped vehicle, given that you have shed one or two seconds off the roll on figures, can one practically resist the itch to pull off a risky overtaking manoeuvre 10 out of 10 times ? Give it a thought.

It has become a common trend where videos of remaps and 0-100 timings, top speeds, so called 'friendly fights' on the expressway to show who's got the better beast and heck experienced reviewers even do things like drifting on public roads. Recently I came across a video where a Crysta was doing 200 km/h post a remap. Now are the tyres rated for this?

Whether you have a mobile holder to record the footage or you hold one in your hands - it is the nearly the same. The mind is focusing on achieving a better timing and is not on driving safe.

Guys, there is no denying that we all have cars/bikes in our blood and that is why we are here in this esteemed community. We all live to drive.

One of the official stickers here says "I Drive Safe". Are we really doing it?

My two cents.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 23rd May 2018 at 20:39. Reason: OT posts moved here.
Kishen.padiyar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2018, 09:29   #100
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishen.padiyar View Post
Given the practical conditions of our roads (read: traffic, drivers/riders with less traffic sense, animals and what not), do we really need stuffs like tuning boxes, remaps etc? Are we not compromising on the safety of the vehicle somewhere?

Most guys here do this to improve low end torque and the driveability in the city. For instance, we remapped a Jetta that's purely used in the city (99% of the time). Now that it's done, driving in the city is effortless.

I seriously think BHPians really don't care about 0-100 timings. Just sharing my thoughts .
naveen.raju is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2018, 09:43   #101
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
What is the need to shed a couple of seconds off the 0-100 timing and subsequent roll-on figures, unless one is into a professional sport?
0-100 or 1/4th mile timings are necessary for only guys who take part in drag races. But it's one of the ways to measure gains, that's all. Most of the guys who remap don't bother about the timings. For example there are around 40 remapped S-Cross 1.6 in our WA group and the majority remapped for better low end and drivability.
Old 23rd May 2018, 09:56   #102
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

With a remapped vehicle, given that you have shed one or two seconds off the roll on figures, can one practically resist the itch to pull off a risky overtaking manoeuvre 10 out of 10 times ? Give it a thought.

It has become a common trend where videos of remaps and 0-100 timings, top speeds, so called 'friendly fights' on the expressway to show who's got the better beast and heck experienced reviewers even do things like drifting on public roads. Recently I came across a video where a Crysta was doing 200 km/h post a remap. Now are the tyres rated for this?
Hmm, I think most of these 'mods' are due to enthusiasm of the owner and there's no harm in that provided the safety aspects are not ignored. But to each his own.

I believe a car's performance is more or less equal to the sum of all its parts. It is designed for a particular use case by the engineers at the factory. Can we modify/tamper with it? Sure we can! But in this country mods are more or less a trial and error project as evident by many threads on TBHP.

An remapped Innova Crysta doing 200 kmph is taking a BIG risk? Why? What about the darned brakes?!! Have they been upgraded too? That car already has less than optimal brakes from the factory.

I find many made-for-India vehicles (case in point the Innova Crysta) have the "go" which sells cars as it pleases customers. But that's not backed up by proportionate increase in stopping power which to me spells disaster since my life depends on the brakes..not how fast that car goes. I'd consider upgrading the brakes first & then the engine.

Most tyres fitted on modern C segment and higher vehicles are rated for ~200 kmph+ i.e speed rating U and better. So tyres aren't an issue although one could pop extra money for better tyres as well.

Last edited by R2D2 : 23rd May 2018 at 10:11.
R2D2 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2020, 13:37   #103
BHPian

Activating an old thread to discuss and know more about engine remapping.
I have a Figo S TDCI which has completed 16 months now. Had got her remapped by Wolf few months ago. It was out of enthusiasm and my first remap so expectations were beyond reality.
The car is running fine, sporadic jerks at lower speeds are felt. Otherwise the car has better low end torque and in very linear to drive. This is complete from the heart purchase however wish to keep the car like forever. Envisage to keep it for another 7 years minimum. Experienced members can help share pros and cons with tips to take care of the engine and associated parts. Been told that engine oil change to be done at every 7500 KMs rather than 10000 KMs which I am following earnestly.

Last edited by VWAllstar : 6th August 2020 at 13:39.
Old 24th January 2022, 19:14   #104

Has anyone or anyone you know ECU-remapped the 1.4 D-4D engine for Toyota Etios? Where was it done and how is the feedback?

I have Etios Liva with 1.4L D-4D engine and planning to have it remapped for stage I.

Pete's have quoted INR 19,000 and both Wolf-Moto and Code6 have quoted INR 25,000 for Stage 1 ECU-remap. Need to know if they use same image to remap or there's actually a difference in the mapping.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks