Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2019, 22:25   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat Palio 1.2 Radiator Fan Not Working

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdst_1 View Post
Hi guys,
I need help in procuring a radiator fan motor for Fiat Palio 1.2 on a somewhat urgent basis
Hi, please check the thread below, and see if Kava Automobiles has the part you are looking for.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/mumba...le-mumbai.html (Fiat Spare Parts - Kava Automobile (Mumbai))
Old 25th August 2019, 17:13   #17
BHPian

Re: Fiat Palio 1.2 Radiator Fan Not Working

As it turns out, Ashok Leyland Dost motor and fan are perfect replacements for Palio 1.2. Total cost is half of Fiat parts at 2700 for parts and 300 for labor.
My dear friend @aditya.kapur, who is also a member over here, helped me, in not only searching the Manimajra market for the perfect replacement, but also, his knowledge helped me in getting the car to Chandigarh, 300kms away from my home in Himachal. I had no idea that we can use the car's heater as a mechanism to keep the engine temps in control. I didn't have to stop even once during my journey and the car made it's way to Chandigarh without even a single stop. In plains, I didn't need to switch on the heater as the cool ambient temps were good enough. Only when climbing in the hills, I kept the heater at full blast and that helped keep the temps astonishingly low. They didn't even cross the first notch on the temperature gauge.

Now, I am looking to find alternatives for the front struts and the control arms. I know alternatives are available for the ball joints, but wouldn't mind replacing the whole control arms if needed.
rdst_1 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks