BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp_maniac View Post
I think you guessed it right man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Yep, you are right.
Well, Indus did a horrible service when i gave my A-Star for first service
I've heard similar experiences from other people with Indus, so i guessed it might be them.

Here is Maruti Suzuki A.S.S review thread. You may post your experience there if you haven't already. I have detailed my experience in the first post itself.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ew-owners.html
Old 13th July 2010, 17:31   #32
Senior - BHPian

Keep a close watch on the rusted area because if the same has not been removed and treated, would reappear. As Maruti has agreed to rectify if it reapper you need not have to worry.
There are certain paste like brushable materials now available which will with rust form a protective layer.
Old 13th July 2010, 18:14   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
Keep a close watch on the rusted area because if the same has not been removed and treated, would reappear. As Maruti has agreed to rectify if it reapper you need not have to worry.
There are certain paste like brushable materials now available which will with rust form a protective layer.
Yes yes, I am making a close watch on a daily basis. Till now, no issues. They have told that they've re-painted and treated the portion with some anti rust.
Old 27th November 2010, 10:45   #34
BHPian

Guys I have doubt on Maruti's warranty coverage. My car is a year old and I find rusting in the boot's keyhole (the chrome thing). Is it covered under warranty?
Old 29th November 2010, 10:17   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacman2881 View Post
Guys I have doubt on Maruti's warranty coverage. My car is a year old and I find rusting in the boot's keyhole (the chrome thing). Is it covered under warranty?
Take it to the A.S.S and ask for their opinion. Do take a photograph before handing over to A.S.S. I think the same will be covered under warranty, as the key set is also a warranty part.
Old 29th November 2010, 10:23   #36
Senior - BHPian

Good that you are satisfied with the resolution.
Not to rub in but whenever I have written about bad service / product quality of Maruti then somehow people jump in a very defensive mode as if being Japanese origin company means zero fault. Seems criticism is reserved for select few car makers.
Old 30th November 2010, 14:21   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
Good that you are satisfied with the resolution.
Not to rub in but whenever I have written about bad service / product quality of Maruti then somehow people jump in a very defensive mode as if being Japanese origin company means zero fault. Seems criticism is reserved for select few car makers.
Yes, that sort of partiality is surely there for some people. From my observations, what Maruti does is simply replace any part which we complain of without any argument. Seems like that's the strategy they're following for their customers. In the first six months of ownership, they've changed my turbocharger, front discs, key set and also fixed my rusting issue under warranty. Just to compare, my previous Xeta had its first out of routine service maintenance at 16th month of ownership in the form of a suspension bush. After that it was in the 28th month in the form of spark plugs. In total, I visited A.S.S 14 times (including scheduled maintenance once in 6 months) in the 5 years of ownership. On the other side, my Swift has successfully made it 10 times in the past 6 months, and it will be 11 or 12 in the coming 2-3 weeks. I am happy that Maruti promptly honored my warranty claims on one side, but unhappy that my car has to go to A.S.S 10 times in the past 6 months. I have mentioned this clearly during their last feedback call also. My take on this is to make the QC more strict and avoid such incidents like a failed key set at 6th month of ownership.
Old 24th February 2012, 12:34   #38
BHPian

Re: Rusting problem on brand new Swift

could you please tell me which dealer is this. i hope it is not sai service

When I reached there, there was always the smiling face from the service advisor and he told me sorry that the call dropped because his battery drained off. I told OK. He asked me to wait for a couple of minutes to settle down the bill. After 5 minutes I settled the bill and got the gate pass. I had a serious intuition that something is wrong that he offered a lot of times to drop the car to my office. I just made a round of walk around the car, and guess what. Found 4 major scratches around one on my rear bumper, one on FR door and two more on the front bumper. I was shocked that today morning when I gave the car for service, there was not even sign of a lost polish. I was very much angry for the first scratch and shouted on the guy like anything. He started defending that it was done by me. I had a horrible time there and at last the guy told me that, OK we will brush it. I told an immediate NO and that I want the thing sorted out by a repaint and left the car there itself. Hearing all the issues, the manager came. After another round of talk, the manager promised me to sort out the issue by tomorrow and offered me a ride back to office.
Old 26th February 2012, 19:24   #39
BHPian

Friend i know what it feels when you see rusting in a brand new car. i have gone through it also.
I thought it was only FIAT having this issue. but i am shocked to see Maruti also joined the RUSTING CLUB. really its shame on these brands to sell cars with quality issues like rusting.
Old 27th February 2012, 09:01   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by brijesh1977 View Post
could you please tell me which dealer is this. i hope it is not sai service.
No, it was not Sai. I won't spell it out, but I think they were given the award for best Maruti dealer lot of times

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryms View Post
Friend i know what it feels when you see rusting in a brand new car. i have gone through it also.
I thought it was only FIAT having this issue. but i am shocked to see Maruti also joined the RUSTING CLUB. really its shame on these brands to sell cars with quality issues like rusting.
I didn't promptly update this thread. Sorry for that. Actually, the issue was sorted out from *** side itself. But, I had a chance to look at the resolution given by *** to my car (in an unofficial way) and they have mentioned that the rust was caused during transit in the trailer. I can't comment on the authenticity but, they mentioned the rust fell off from the roof of the trailer. I am digesting this now as the same portion have not shown any sign of rust afterwards till now. Its the 19th month of ownership now
Old 27th February 2012, 10:58   #41
BHPian

i cant say anything for the rusting caused during transit in the trailer. In this way only they can save their image. No company will ever accept this kind of rusting as a manufacturing issue or a quality issue. Its India anything can happen. I cant laugh any more hearing the cause of rusting.
Old 30th June 2012, 13:36   #42
Senior - BHPian

Rust on window of 2 year old Swift!

Hello,

We own a March 2010 Swift Petrol. A couple of days ago I noticed that there was rust forming on the exterior of the metal strip in the rear window that separates the fixed quarter glass and the glass that rolls down. This issue is present on both the rear windows. Before approaching the A.S.S. about this, thought that it would be better to seek opinion of the knowledgeable members here.

This car has seen only two monsoons and a few days of the third! IMHO this is unacceptable even after considering the humidity and salt levels here in Mumbai. The car has seen only two monsoons and a couple of weeks of the third! Parts on our M-800 lasted more than this! The warranty expired three months ago, so technically Maruti is under no obligation to replace the parts FOC. Please advise what course of action should be taken.

PS: Tried attaching pictures, but as my internet connection is very weak since the past couple of days, I am unable to do so. Will attach them as soon as possible.

Last edited by AkMar : 30th June 2012 at 13:55.
Old 30th June 2012, 14:40   #43
BHPian

Re: Rust on window of 2 year old Swift!

Yes, please post the pictures soon.

Apart from this, if the rust is only on those parts as you have mentioned and nowhere else, then it is mostly due to poor QC during manufacture. Therefore, Maruti will probably replace the same at no cost.

But still, without pictures it is not possible to say much..
Old 30th June 2012, 15:06   #44
BHPian

I have them on my 2 year old ritz also.
Old 30th June 2012, 15:13   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Be it near the seacoast or not, we must ensure that hard water does not remain in the inaccessible areas of the car. Once in two or three months, I make it a point to clean under the beadings, the cowl area etc. Accumulation of salts from water over a prolonged period of time will lead to corrosion of those areas. We can use a car shampoo with a baby toothbrush to scrub such areas and air dry them. Though till date my cars havent shown any signs of corrosion, I have this practice.

Most Viewed