Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2016, 22:00   #181
BHPian

Re: Tata Manza - List Of Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechNomad View Post
for 5 Panels , 3000/- each
That is indeed a bit on the higher side but I suppose in this case more work needs to be done to fix the bumper up.

I went there in November last year (after reading good things about them on tbhp) to get the Manza's front bumper repainted and paid a total of 2200. Two spots needed plastic welds and some bumper clips were gone. I was more or less satisfied with the job and the paint matching was done alright, but I'm no expert on paint quality and workmanship. I had a quote of 1500 from one of the shops near Atul Kataria chowk too but decided to stick to Heera.

Quote:
Does anybody know if there are any arbitration process for claiming damages when multiple parties are involved , and it is not entirely one's fault ? Who pays the damages in those cases ?
I'm guessing any capable lawyer's fee will exceed the repair costs in this case. Theoretically, yes, you can add multiple parties as respondents and that would be the appropriate thing to do if you take the legal route.
Old 10th October 2016, 23:48   #182
BHPian

Manza has developed an annoying problem. Whenever the radiator fan comes on, there is a very strong vibration at the steering wheel, and the fan itself is also very loud. Anyone with a similar issue in the past?
Old 17th October 2016, 00:19   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanmay K View Post

I'm guessing any capable lawyer's fee will exceed the repair costs in this case. Theoretically, yes, you can add multiple parties as respondents and that would be the appropriate thing to do if you take the legal route.
@Tanmay - Thanks . I also thought so , hence , did not pursue it any further .

On the repair works front - the total bill came about 15K in total , included AC Servicing and change of Wipers . The Paint match quality was good . As well as cleaning . So even if it was expensive , I was satisfied .

However , after two weeks , One side of the Newly repaired bumper has come off again , looks like the Bumper Clip or something is gone . And this time without any external intervention . So I will take this again to Heera's .
(Didn't expect this to happen. )

I have one more problem with the car now , the Clutch pedal , when pressed down and held , for changing gears , remains pressed , and does not return back to its normal position after I lift off the foot. I have to manually drag it back . Then it works for a while , and same issue again .

I have searched this thread , seems like this is a known issue with Manza, and Clutch Cylinders need to be replaced .
I am planning to take the car to Heera's for both the work .
Old 18th October 2016, 20:30   #184
BHPian

I went to Heera's today with the Car - to check the Clutch problem , and showed him the car. He initially suggested that the Floor Mats must be intruding with Clutch and wanted to cut a hole in the Floor Mats . But I insisted that's not the case , and he reluctantly agreed to look at it and replace the clutch cylinders.

I went back in the evening to collect the car. Then he informed me that he had (suspicion ?) replaced only the Secondary (slave cylinder) as he did not find too bad.

I would have been happier if he had replaced both , as I instructed him to do so.

Nevertheless, I decided to check Heera's theory . While driving back home, I felt the pressure had eased and the Clutch felt better , but does not seem to be 100%.
I still feel that the Master Cylinder had to be changed, too.

Anyway, I am going to drive for next few days and see if the issue is really resolved or not.

The secondary cylinder costs 1300/- , Break Oil , and Labour , some other sundry work and total bill was about 2K.
Old 20th October 2016, 07:54   #185
BHPian

Also you can keep an eye on the brake fluid level in the reservoir from time to time. If the level falls, it might be a leaky master cylinder. The leaks in the master might also leave traces on/around the cylinder itself.
Old 23rd October 2016, 19:38   #186
BHPian

I got the master cylinder changed yesterday . And brake fluids topped up. Now the Clutch Pedal sticking to floors issue seems to have been "somewhat" resolved . I say somewhat , because , in spite of the cylinder changes , the Gear change remains a problem. It remains very very hard , also the car shudders , when moved from standstill. Looks like I may need a change of Clutch ?

I'm also wondering if I should head to TATA ASC for clutch changes , instead of Heera's / OR any FNG ...any suggestions ?
Old 3rd January 2017, 18:11   #187
BHPian

My Manza petrol 2010 running on CNG now , CNG was installed at around 37000 and now car is at 97000 km . I have a tomasetto CNG kit sequential and problem after CNG kit is that it runs out of engine oil after 2500 km run every oil change . head was opened in last service and service centre did not found anything that could cause this . my local mechanic also could not found anything . Anyone have a solution for this . I am using mobil 10/30 now as changing synthetic oil every 2500 km is costly affair . changed ac compressor twice , radiator fan 3 times and 2 times power window switch and 3 power window motor fails in last 7 years .
Old 4th January 2017, 08:58   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anuruddhs View Post
2 times power window switch and 3 power window motor fails in last 7 years .
Sounds familiar. I've had 2 power window switches changed and one motor.

Is the exhaust smoke blue-gray when under acceleration or at idle?
Old 4th January 2017, 14:01   #189
BHPian

Quote:

Took it to one AC mechanic near Atul Kataria chowk in Gurgaon and he suggested AC servicing as a solution for 2k. Left immediately and went to another a few shops down the road and his diagnosis was that the recirculation flap's open/close mechanism along with the motor would need to be replaced and can only be done by TASS. As a fix, he disconnected the motor and fixed the flap in recirculate position with a screw for 50 rupees. So as of now I can't change the AC to fresh air mode but the smoke/smell issue has subsided. No idea yet how much Tata will charge for this as the car is out of warranty.
same problem forgot to mention and same solution , motor is not costly but hard to find
Old 13th August 2017, 17:19   #190
BHPian

The Manza's ignition switch is giving headaches. The OEM music system stays on even after removing the key. It could be just dirty/stuck and may simply require cleaning. Can't say for sure. For now I've removed the music system fuse.

Are ignition switches available as a child spare part? I hope I don't have to replace the whole lock set.

Last edited by Tanmay K : 13th August 2017 at 17:21.
Old 20th August 2017, 09:23   #191
BHPian

Try

http://www.99rpm.com/tata/lock-set-manza.html

Good Luck!

Quote:
The Manza's ignition switch is giving headaches. The OEM music system stays on even after removing the key. It could be just dirty/stuck and may simply require cleaning. Can't say for sure. For now I've removed the music system fuse.

Are ignition switches available as a child spare part? I hope I don't have to replace the whole lock set.
Old 3rd December 2017, 18:25   #192
BHPian

I purchased a new Tata Manza Safire90 here in South Africa in December 2017 (believe it or not!). I have a few questions for other Manza owners:

When I turn on my ignition and the instrumentation does its check, a light reading "Speed Limit" comes on for 3 seconds or so. It is located within the speedometer circle. There is no mention of it or its function in the owner's manual. Can anyone enlighten me as to what its function is?

My rear seat fold down back refuses to latch in the up position. I gather this is a common problem. Does anyone know how to fix this problem DIY? It seems to be an alignment issue, but I can't figure out how to make the necessary adjustment. Both the left and right latches won't latch.

Despite my brochure saying I should have a warning buzzer for seat belt, headlights and key in ignition, I don't. Closer inspection of the cabin fuse box shows that the position allocated for the buzzer relay is empty. I would like to purchase such a relay. I have found a part number, but was wondering if any Vista/Manza owners with the buzzer feature could post a picture of their cabin fuse box so I can have sight of what the part should look like.

Other than that, very happy with my purchase after the first 200km!
Old 4th December 2017, 15:13   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Lancelot View Post
I purchased a new Tata Manza Safire90 here in South Africa in December 2017 (believe it or not!). I have a few questions for other Manza owners:

When I turn on my ignition and the instrumentation does its check, a light reading "Speed Limit" comes on for 3 seconds or so. It is located within the speedometer circle. There is no mention of it or its function in the owner's manual. Can anyone enlighten me as to what its function is?
I noticed a similar discussion on the link below.
Nothing conclusive though.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...anza-dash.html
bikertillidie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2017, 03:06   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikertillidie View Post
I noticed a similar discussion on the link below.
Nothing conclusive though.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...anza-dash.html
Thanks bikertillidie. Hadn't seen that thread. Perhaps there was a plan for a function where you can set a chime to sound when you cross a certain speed, but perhaps Tata decided against introducing it for whatever reason, and the dash light is a remnant of an idea that died...
Old 7th December 2017, 13:56   #195
BHPian

Calling all Manza owners: Does anyone have a problem of water leaking into the boot when it rains? I noticed about 1cm deep water in the spare wheel well after a recent rainy day, I know it was dry the day before because I pumped up the spare tyre then. The boot floor carpet was also wet, but not sure if that was just siphoned up, or if the leak came from above. If anyone has solved this issue, what was the source of the leak? Is it the boot seals? Or is it underbody spray from driving on a wet road, seeping in though a hole somewhere.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks