Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2010, 12:35   #31
Senior - BHPian

So ppl here think that metal is brittle like concrete and will have "crack" marks even on low impacts?

The cracks which is shown is not possible to get in a small accident.
Looks more like a "congenital defect" - wherein proper welding was not done.
Old 31st August 2010, 13:04   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
The crack is leaking water, showed it to the driver who was sent for collecting the vehicle, will talk to the service center guys and would let you know!

The water leak is not from the crack but from else where "it seems". The sealant thing happened when they tried to remove a dent it seems!

In any which way, I will wait and see the car to be delivered back and then assess on what has to be done!
Old 1st September 2010, 22:23   #33
BHPian

Hey Anil, I checked mine only this morning and guess what, Mine looks cracked too. I'll post the pictures tomorrow. I have another question for the other Figo owners. The rear Hatch the panel gaps are 'uneven'. The Gap on the right is more than it is on the left. and the Glass area (over the parcel tray) behind the rear window, The gap is more on the left than it is on the right!! Do not have the pictures of it. Will post it, along with the 'crack pictures' tomorrow.
I have emailed Ford the pictures, waiting for a response from them.
Attached Thumbnails
My Figo's boot has some crack marks!!-left-gap-closer-look.jpg  

My Figo's boot has some crack marks!!-panel-gap-right.jpg  

Old 1st September 2010, 22:29   #34
Senior - BHPian

Mathew, sorry to say but I suspect some foul play from the dealer, improperly painted door and now inconsistent gaps!

The sealant can crack for small impacts too. I got mine repaired will post my pics soon!
Old 1st September 2010, 23:00   #35
BHPian

I'm kind of confused at this point Anil. I googled to see if anyone has a similar issue. So far I was able to find at least two people with the same issue 'uneven gaps' at the rear.

here's one link,

http://www.clientcomplain.com/Ford_I...s-3208-SC.html

We cannot rule out the possibility of 'Dealer's foul play' as well. Because They kept telling me my car's ready, but inspite of me asking several times to show me the car before it goes for registration, they never did.
I had actually sold my other car and I had a hard time without a vehicle (A 3 year old to be dropped at school and a pregnant wife), So I hoped that everything will work out good. only after I noticed the paint flaw, I really started looking really closely to see if there's any other problem, I ended up finding the panel gaps and now the crack.
Should I just call the 1-800 number and talk to someone or wait for them to reply to my email? They take atleast a week to respond to emails.

Last edited by mathew1105 : 1st September 2010 at 23:06. Reason: Want to attach an external link
Old 1st September 2010, 23:57   #36
Senior - BHPian

Here what is to be noted is that all figos have such sealant applied on a joint which appears as patch. In the hit the joint, perhaps press fit got away and the gap is seen as in the photo.
Others by seing the normal patch also getting perhaps, confused.
In no way such wide gap is normal in a production car.
Old 2nd September 2010, 12:27   #37
BHPian

Hey Guys,

here's the picture of the cracked seal inside the spare wheel compartment. The other pictures are the panel gap on the glass area behind the rear windows. If you see there's almost no gap on the right, While on the left glass the key can go in.

I also called ford customer care, The rep said, someone will give me a call back before the end of today.
Attached Thumbnails
My Figo's boot has some crack marks!!-02092010438.jpg  

My Figo's boot has some crack marks!!-02092010439.jpg  

My Figo's boot has some crack marks!!-02092010440.jpg  

Old 2nd September 2010, 12:44   #38
Senior - BHPian

Awww! I never observed so close, let me just have a look and get back to you. But it seems you have got a lemon! But let me confirm mine first!

The sealant crack in my boot was said to be due to the impact, which I bought. But they corrected it now, if it gives off again then I will have to take it up with the Ford seriously. But as of now it seems OK!
Old 3rd September 2010, 14:15   #39
Senior - BHPian

Hey I checked my car for the panel gaps, they are not consistent (minor variations) but not too sure if they are as much as you are having (I had the similar issue of key not going in one side) but the gaps are consistent for the eyes at least
Old 9th September 2010, 00:52   #40
BHPian

Hey Anil, sorry for the late update. I was at the Ford showroom (MPL) on Saturday to take delivery of my Brother's Figo.I happend to talk to the sales manager there, I showed him the flaws in the car. He told me that the Cracked seal is common in all Figos and I actually checked on a few and they all had it.
For the Inconsistent panel gap on the Hatch, He said it's an alignment problem and it can be fixed. First person to actually tell me what the real problem is!!
The inconsistent Gap on the glass area behind the rear window was there in almost all of the cars they had on display.
The paint flaw was there on my brother's car as well (Just like mine) I showed it to the Sales rep at the time of the delivery, he said they'll fix that one too. I checked a couple of other cars there, They did not have though.
On Monday, I happend to go to another branch of (MPL) Ford to get the fog lamps fixed in my brother car. They had a few Figos there ready for delivery, I was able to find the same paint flaw (on the hatch door) on atleast two cars.
It looks like the QA dept is on Vacation at the Ford plant . There's no point in emailing the customer service and the president's desk. I'm looking for an email ID for someone at Ford who would actually take these things seriously. Not as a complaint, I just want to bring it to their attention, So they can fix it.
Old 9th September 2010, 01:48   #41
BANNED

what i got from the wiki and other sites that

" Figo is actually the last model of Fiesta hathback (Mark V produced up to ’08) with a titivated body to make it look more contemporary."

This Mark V fiesta length is 3,918–3,924 mm (154.3–154.5 in) Brazil Hatchback: 3,930 mm (155 in)

Our Figo' length is 3795 mm

My wild guess is " a chopping problem" ??

Last edited by wildon : 9th September 2010 at 01:50.
Old 9th September 2010, 10:53   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
what i got from the wiki and other sites that

" Figo is actually the last model of Fiesta hathback (Mark V produced up to ’08) with a titivated body to make it look more contemporary."

This Mark V fiesta length is 3,918–3,924 mm (154.3–154.5 in) Brazil Hatchback: 3,930 mm (155 in)

Our Figo' length is 3795 mm

My wild guess is " a chopping problem" ??

I knew Ford is good at chopping things! But this (the cracks at the sealants) cannot be sold to everyone as is! This is something very bad by ford (due to localization?) I am not sure how a normal silicon sealant could develop such cracks!

Even in my figo Ford sent the hatch door (the replaced one) without sealing the holes and hence the water was leaking and it took the service center 3 complete days to discover the error and they could not find it unless I went there and spent my whole saturday!

But it was a good experience, I gave them my two cents and got all minor scratches repaired citing the time wasted!

Spent two days without car but saved a couple of thousands
Old 9th September 2010, 12:25   #43
Senior - BHPian

Sorry for the late reply. Here is my Figos boot.

mathew1105
did anyone from ford call you back?
Attached Thumbnails
My Figo's boot has some crack marks!!-img_42.jpg  

My Figo's boot has some crack marks!!-img_43.jpg  

My Figo's boot has some crack marks!!-img_44.jpg  

Old 9th September 2010, 12:36   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Sorry for the late reply. Here is my Figos boot.

mathew1105
did anyone from ford call you back?

If you are talking about the cracks issue, I was contacted by Ford by their facbook home page administrator. However, my problem was solved by the service center and hence I informer her the same!

Looks like I will have to get in touch again to cite this thread so that they will have an idea about how their car's quality control is!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Poloman is right! You need to get this repaired asap! take it back to the same dealer and ask him to fix this!

Dear Anil,
My figo also has the same patch, My car is black but the patch work is grey in color.
I dont have any cracks there!

I think this is a defect.
But captain, I can see cracks on your pics too, is that a recent development?

Last edited by anilisanil : 9th September 2010 at 12:41.
Old 9th September 2010, 16:07   #45
Senior - BHPian

It wasn't there or maybe i didn't take a look properly :(
Yesterday I took the pictures and to my horror I found these cracks!
Yup seems like very poor QC!

Those inconsistent gaps in mathew1105 car reminds me of the old temp trucks!

I don't think our figos will last more than 3-4 years.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks