Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2010, 23:22   #46
BHPian

Hey guys guess what happend last night? I managed to get the email ID of Michael Boneham and sent him an email with all the pictures and my concerns. He promptly replied back saying, someone from the Plant will visit me.
In the evening today, The Regional Service Manager (South), G.M (Trim-chasis-Assembly shop) & G.M (Body Construction) visited me in the evening. here's what they told me.First of all they were very glad that some one brought it to their attention.
1. The Cracked Seal:
The body shop GM said they apply two kinds of Seal (First the Black one and Then the White one). He said that the seal actually expands and when it does it is a good thing, It means the seal is applied well. And it appears like it's cracked because the black seal is visible. (That's how far I understood it).
I told him that I checked the other brand cars and all of them have seals. But it doesn't appear cracked and that it doesn't look good on a product from Ford. They said that can be fixed and will be fixed on mine. And will definelty fix it on the new ones in production.
2. Panel Gap on the Hatch:
They said it's a minor alignment issue and it was fixed.
3. Paint Flaw:
I told them that I took delivery of my vehicle 3 months ago and my brother took his car only last saturday and it was there on his vehicle as well. They wanted me to send them the pictures of his car. (My brother lives in a different part of the city).
They said they have sold 30,000 cars so far and this is the first time someone has actually brought that up. They'll definetly look into it. I also told them about the other two cars with the same flaw, That I found in their yard on Monday.
They said they are very glad that someone's brought it to their attention and that they will definetly look into it.
4. Panel Gap on the Glass Area behind the Rear window (Quarter Glass).
They said that they go by a difference of 1-3mm, However they agreed that it has to be even on both the sides. However they did not recommend removing and fixing it back on mine or any car for that matter. But they will work on it and make it even in the new vehicles in the production line.
I told them that I understand the complications of removing and fixing it back in the service station is an entirely different thing that fixing it for the first time in the assembly line and I can live with the Gap
5. Mileage Drop After First Service.
They told me that they can set up a Mileage Test and it's usually done by driving upto 60 or 80 kilometers and I'll have to be there during the test. The Regional Manager asked me let him know when I'm available and he'll arrange that as well.

He (Regional Manager) also assured me that they will deliver the car to me by Friday or on Saturday. and also gave me a substitute car that I can use in the mean time.
Old 11th September 2010, 10:16   #47
Senior - BHPian

that is a good move by ford, please keep us posted on what happened.
By the way, if the cracked seal is a god thing to happen then why are they offering to repair it? Except for that statement everything else sounded good
Old 12th September 2010, 10:43   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathew1105 View Post
Hey guys guess what happend last night? I managed to get the email ID of Michael Boneham
Please mention the email id of Michael Boneham

or

is it write2md@ford.com ?
Old 16th April 2011, 03:08   #49
BHPian

Re: My Figo's boot has some crack marks!!

I got delivery of my Ford Figo TDCI ZXi on Feb 7th 2011 from Pune Talera Ford.

The car was delivered to my dad is not much of a car person and I was in Mumbai at that time

I inspected the car and found many issues in the cosmetics, electronic features and several other points.

1. The car is supposed to come with tinted glasses as the pre-sales car details brochures from the dealership says so. when asked about it they said that the car is already with tinted glasses however the glasses plain white.

2. The Bluetooth system works only with some bluetooth devices. I have a Nokia N70 and a N72 both these pair with the system and only the bluetooth handsfree feature works, I am unable to get the music player to play any tracks. However, it works with my dad's Nokia 3500 classic (which is now a defunct model)

Also the N72 and N70 lose the BT connectivity even if the handset is left on the dashboard or in the cup holder.

3. The boot has a very rough finish, just near the hinges after opening the hatch one can clearly see scratch marks and it looks like someone has applied M-Seal to stick it to the body and then painted it.

4. There is a feature on the headlamp actuator dial for FOG Lamps and the instrument console clears lights up with the fog lamp indication however there are no fog lamps in the car

5. The Seat Belt lamp is there in the console however if the passenger or the driver is not wearing the seat belt, the warning lamp shows no indication.
Old 17th April 2011, 19:32   #50
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshpawar View Post
1. The car is supposed to come with tinted glasses as the pre-sales car details brochures from the dealership says so. when asked about it they said that the car is already with tinted glasses however the glasses plain white.

2. The Bluetooth system works only with some bluetooth devices. I have a Nokia N70 and a N72 both these pair with the system and only the bluetooth handsfree feature works, I am unable to get the music player to play any tracks. However, it works with my dad's Nokia 3500 classic (which is now a defunct model)

Also the N72 and N70 lose the BT connectivity even if the handset is left on the dashboard or in the cup holder.

4. There is a feature on the headlamp actuator dial for FOG Lamps and the instrument console clears lights up with the fog lamp indication however there are no fog lamps in the car
1) Tinted doesn't mean it will have a blue/grey/black sunfilm. When a car manufacturer mentions tinted glasses, it is usually the "green" strip you see at the the top of your front windshield and the "black" you see on the periphery of the rear windshield.

2) It could have something to do with the Bluetooth configuration. A lot of bluetooth devices have configurations to function only as headsets. You could check the settings of the bluetooth device and your phones.

4 & 5) Interesting! Is your car the top-end version or there are models above it? Check for other features that your car has and are not supposed to be there for that model. Worst case - the car is/was a top-end but the dealer converted it into a lower end for whatever reason.
Old 18th April 2011, 01:09   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
1) Tinted doesn't mean it will have a blue/grey/black sunfilm.
It can be so pale as to be hardly noticable.

I had to replace a front-door window on my Golf, due to theft break-in. When asked on the phone what colour the glass was, I said "clear". When the guy-in-a-van arrived, he showed me, by comparison, that it was green! Obvious when seeing clear glass next to it, but not obvious stand-alone. He said, a lot of people made that mistake, and he always takes one of each to a job, so I got my matching glass, but thanks to him, not to me!
Old 18th April 2011, 21:47   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Newer Figo's come 'Fog Ready'. Meaning, they already come with the switch, and wiring, you just need to buy the lamps.

Earlier, you had to change the switch while retrofitting the foglamps, but now you needn't.
Old 18th April 2011, 21:57   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I got delivery of my Ford Figo TDCI ZXi on Feb 7th 2011 from Pune Talera Ford.

The car was delivered to my dad is not much of a car person and I was in Mumbai at that time

I inspected the car and found many issues in the cosmetics, electronic features and several other points.

already clarified by others

the systems has options to pair your device as a phone or audio device, explore

3. The boot has a very rough finish, just near the hinges after opening the hatch one can clearly see scratch marks and it looks like someone has applied M-Seal to stick it to the body and then painted it.

That is how it is meant to be, supposedly

figo comes fog ready, you will need to buy fogs
5. The Seat Belt lamp is there in the console however if the passenger or the driver is not wearing the seat belt, the warning lamp shows no indication.it is air bag warning not seat belt warning
please find my replies in bold

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks