Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2010, 02:22   #16
Senior - BHPian

It does not look like a coffin. Google Warner R4, yours looks eerily similar to that.
Old 19th September 2010, 10:17   #17
BHPian

Nice job! keep it up man.. only book knowledge is not enough and since you are doing lots of practical work like this one, you will become one great engineer.

Install some lights in front and brake lights in rear. One easiest work and will make your ride look even good.
Old 19th September 2010, 11:09   #18
BHPian

First kudos to the effort!

Second yes the kine does have a transmission v-matic. its a belt drive with auto clutch. That massive black section at the end. (You'd already know that) the clutch sits at the wheel end of the housing along with a 3 gear assembly (I know this coz I shattered a few teeth on my kine's gearbox. IF you manage to install this assembly you will also get a central rear brake that sits in the same housing. Though I don't know how you will adapt the whole assembly!

EDIT: ok I just managed to see your pictures clearly! issues of mobile view. Can you post a picture of the other side of the transmission housing which you have adapted for the chain sprocket. (I'm not even sure I have the technical words right!)

Last edited by valhallen.282 : 19th September 2010 at 11:26.
Old 20th September 2010, 16:07   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by valhallen.282 View Post
First kudos to the effort!

Second yes the kine does have a transmission v-matic. its a belt drive with auto clutch. That massive black section at the end. (You'd already know that) the clutch sits at the wheel end of the housing along with a 3 gear assembly (I know this coz I shattered a few teeth on my kine's gearbox. IF you manage to install this assembly you will also get a central rear brake that sits in the same housing. Though I don't know how you will adapt the whole assembly!

EDIT: ok I just managed to see your pictures clearly! issues of mobile view. Can you post a picture of the other side of the transmission housing which you have adapted for the chain sprocket. (I'm not even sure I have the technical words right!)
Otherside of transmission housing? don't know what you mean dude but i think you meant the live axle? here's a picture of it.

We put a sprocket to the crank and live axle and the ratio is around 1:4.
Attached Thumbnails
Hello Bhpians! Check out the S7RRWDCDV we built.-44393_1613307451999_1215678059_31723720_6120142_n.jpg  

Old 20th September 2010, 16:09   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashim View Post
Nice job! keep it up man.. only book knowledge is not enough and since you are doing lots of practical work like this one, you will become one great engineer.

Install some lights in front and brake lights in rear. One easiest work and will make your ride look even good.
Haha, only need to get the bulbs, will try to install after all the other work is done.
Old 20th September 2010, 17:33   #21
BHPian

bike/scooter suspensions are best for your kind of vehicle, good choice. but please remember to add a control arm/balance rod to your suspension. i think balance rod is better and cost efficient.

the kinetic uses a CVT (continuously variable transmission) so i guess your setup is fine,
Continuously variable transmission - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia read about the tranny here.

disc brakes as you mentioned are expensive, but you can always buy used ones and another huge advantage here is the better stopping power and that you'll only need one for each axle, that eliminates tweaking of each wheel cylinder/adjuster for a stable stop. i guess start by just having the rear brake and only if you find it necessary add the front one.

anyway keep up the good work. now am gonna be hooked to your thread.
cheers buddy
Saud
Old 20th September 2010, 18:04   #22
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : One-liners that add ZERO value to the thread are strictly prohibited on Team-BHP. In fact, they are considered as SPAM. Please do not hit the post submit button unless you have something of value to add to the thread.

We advise you to visit our board rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 22nd September 2010 at 12:54.
arcotsrinivas is offline   Received Infraction
Old 21st September 2010, 11:49   #23
BHPian

yep in here is your transmission with auto clutch and you will find that holding the engine at lower revs say 20 kph on your build (its below 30 on the bike) for extended periods you tend to lose some of the initial bite. thats your clutch wearing out.

the wheel housing (the bit you replaced with a sprocket) on the live axle was the rear brake.
and about the engine yeahhhh its a buzzy little thing. thats why i still have my bike with me

i have a (rather dumb) suggestion and you will find this exceedingly amusing if not hilarious.

try nfs underground 2 it gives you complete adjustability of suspension and helped me understand a lot about exactly what does what!
Attached Thumbnails
Hello Bhpians! Check out the S7RRWDCDV we built.-i1.jpg  

Old 21st September 2010, 12:10   #24
BHPian

Wow! Nice machine you got there. You know, I'm an year younger than you, I'd probably do the same when I get into engineering. These are things you remember throughout your life. The hard work, the last minute adjustments et all.

All the best!

PS: Attaching pics of the Warner R4.
Attached Thumbnails
Hello Bhpians! Check out the S7RRWDCDV we built.-warner-r4-2.jpg  

Hello Bhpians! Check out the S7RRWDCDV we built.-warner-r4.jpg  

Old 21st September 2010, 15:26   #25
BHPian

Oh man, what a great thread am I following. Awesome work bro. Well done, and keep coming. With the kind of ideas we T-BHPians got, am sure your ride will become better and better along with the thread getting aged.
Old 22nd September 2010, 14:44   #26
BHPian

Quote:
yep in here is your transmission with auto clutch and you will find that holding the engine at lower revs say 20 kph on your build (its below 30 on the bike) for extended periods you tend to lose some of the initial bite. thats your clutch wearing out.

the wheel housing (the bit you replaced with a sprocket) on the live axle was the rear brake.
and about the engine yeahhhh its a buzzy little thing. thats why i still have my bike with me

i have a (rather dumb) suggestion and you will find this exceedingly amusing if not hilarious.

try nfs underground 2 it gives you complete adjustability of suspension and helped me understand a lot about exactly what does what!
So i guess the clutch is worn out, will figure out how to replace it, is it like a centrifugal clutch? thanks man was not able to diagnose the problem, I was thinking we got the sprocket ratios wrong and stuff. Yeah, i played nfs underground 2, what a game it was! will try to play it again this time only concentrating on turning part

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman View Post
Wow! Nice machine you got there. You know, I'm an year younger than you, I'd probably do the same when I get into engineering. These are things you remember throughout your life. The hard work, the last minute adjustments et all.

All the best!

PS: Attaching pics of the Warner R4.
Thanks, all the best for your project man! thanks for posting the pics of warner r4, wicked machine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp_maniac View Post
Oh man, what a great thread am I following. Awesome work bro. Well done, and keep coming. With the kind of ideas we T-BHPians got, am sure your ride will become better and better along with the thread getting aged.
Thanks, the ideas in this thread are sure inspiring, we're thinking of making something like this with a bigger engine and tubular chassis, something on the lines of warner r4 or ariel atom ( atleast in looks ).

I will try to fix the clutch and do the suspensions before 30th sept, will post the pics after that.
Old 22nd September 2010, 15:14   #27
BHPian

es I think it is. It has three clutch pads with release springs and washers. Please note to remove the cover housing of the clutch you need a special wrench. You can't just open out the housing. (hint: its inside the black enclosure)

Another hint: KICKIN GAME! Try and play with cars that drive like go carts like the rx 7 and the miata. (Rwds)

Also look at videos of the ariel atom. Its a honda civic engine supercharged.

I just saw the pics again I see that you've got the front end comletely welded. How you gonna install the sus?

Last edited by valhallen.282 : 22nd September 2010 at 15:20.
Old 22nd September 2010, 15:35   #28
Senior - BHPian

Very good start. Hope you will build all other pieces into your structure. You can keep upgrading the parts (drivetrain, suspension) which will help in learning.
Old 22nd September 2010, 16:53   #29
BHPian

Quote:
es I think it is. It has three clutch pads with release springs and washers. Please note to remove the cover housing of the clutch you need a special wrench. You can't just open out the housing. (hint: its inside the black enclosure)

Another hint: KICKIN GAME! Try and play with cars that drive like go carts like the rx 7 and the miata. (Rwds)

Also look at videos of the ariel atom. Its a honda civic engine supercharged.

I just saw the pics again I see that you've got the front end comletely welded. How you gonna install the sus?
I'm going to cut near the spindles in the front to install the suspension.
I'll ask a mechanic to help out opening to clutch housing. Do you have any idea about the computer programme "Blender", not able to see measurements from the .blend files, which 3d model plans, need to learn how to use this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Very good start. Hope you will build all other pieces into your structure. You can keep upgrading the parts (drivetrain, suspension) which will help in learning.
Thanks man.
Old 25th September 2010, 08:38   #30
BHPian

Nope sorry no idea about the program. Did you manage to get the clutch and gears checked out yet?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks