Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2010, 20:33   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trust_In_Thrust View Post
One of my friends had purchased a Ritz Vdi .After 4000 kms one front tyre developed bubbles.Maruti and dealer and Jk tyre all washed hands off saying it is normal.
After 2500kms another tyre developed bubbles.Same story again with Maruti and JK.
Maruti was adament and irresponsible to the point saying we cannot do anything .It is problem of JK .When we asked maruti it is you who is fitting these pathetic tyres to our car for wich we pay .Maruti is much more responsible for our problem due to a shoddy product selected by maruti to keep prices low.
at 15000 kms both front tyres of car exploded on highway .My friend got serious injuries and Maruti was told but they remained cold.
Once out of bed he went ahead and bought a car which most maruti people will never buy Fiat saying atleast i know i will be alive.
Unfortunate. Knowingly driving a problematic tyre for such a long distance is a recipe for disaster. Irrespective of the reason for the fault we shouldn't put our lives into danger even if it means taking a lot of the trouble- fighting it out with Maruti or spending for the tyre from our pocket.
Old 18th October 2010, 20:35   #17
BHPian

OP: Being a Maruti Car owner, I can surely vouch for the fact that Maruti is very good with Customer Feedback. I am very sure, you will have a positive feedback from them and hopefully your issue would be resolved.
Apart from that, I still feel that you should take your car for a second opinion to a diff dealer if possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Did your friend contact JK Tires?
Did they at least try and find the cause behind the bubbles.

Proving a defect in a tire is quite difficult. Especially the formation of bubbles. AFAIK driving on rough terrain at high speeds is one of the most common causes. Bubbles are also caused by high speed impact on speedbreakers and pot holes.

Your friend is very lucky.
That was a very bad decision to continue driving a car with compromised tires.
+1 to that. Irrespective of who was responsible, you should have changed the tires first hand and then fought the battle. Driving with tires having bulge is very risky.
Old 18th October 2010, 20:40   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Did your friend contact JK Tires?
Did they at least try and find the cause behind the bubbles.

Proving a defect in a tire is quite difficult. Especially the formation of bubbles. AFAIK driving on rough terrain at high speeds is one of the most common causes. Bubbles are also caused by high speed impact on speedbreakers and pot holes.

Your friend is very lucky.
That was a very bad decision to continue driving a car with compromised tires.
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1fan View Post
OP: Being a Maruti Car owner, I can surely vouch for the fact that Maruti is very good with Customer Feedback. I am very sure, you will have a positive feedback from them and hopefully your issue would be resolved.
Apart from that, I still feel that you should take your car for a second opinion to a diff dealer if possible.

+1 to that. Irrespective of who was responsible, you should have changed the tires first hand and then fought the battle. Driving with tires having bulge is very risky.
+10. It was absolutely stupid of that guy not to change the tyres! We can blame or accuse any one giving a bad product, but we need to make sure that our safety is not compromised ! Good that he survived!
Old 18th October 2010, 20:41   #19
BANNED

we contacted JK tyres too apart from maruti and there engineer came to the service station but washed his hands off saying they are fine.I had told him to get it replaced but he insited saying Maruti is right .

By the way i run on Michelins .Also i own a Maruti and a Fiat in household.Mytake is if you are pinpoint precision type guy you wouldd have issues with all when it comes to customer service with maruti is about compromise(like door panels start shaking after few hundrerd kms after every service and i end paying around thousand bucks for four doors) with Fiat it is about patience.

Last edited by Trust_In_Thrust : 18th October 2010 at 20:48.
Old 18th October 2010, 21:27   #20
Team-BHP Support

Very honestly this might be a case of shorted power steering motor, and hence its blowing the fuse repeatedly. Best thing is to get a complete power steering replacement and move on. If it fails again then you have a case and a bigger/real issue.

But all of this is not an excuse for falling quality standards from MUL!
Old 18th October 2010, 21:40   #21
Senior - BHPian

Apologies for posting so late in the day. Was busy with work in office.

I had written a mail to the Corporate Head-Sales of Maruti on tuesday, and i am still waiting for their response.

A representative of the dealer had come down today and he explained that the fuse failed repeatedly due to a wire which shorted on hard press of the clutch. Didn't quite understand what he meant by the "hard press". But he assured us that the wire had been identified and insulated, henceforth we shouldn't have any problem. But we were not convinced and asked him to give us something in writing.

I have also sent mails to the regional manager, customer care(again) and waiting for them to respond.

As of now dad and me decided to send a lawyer's notice just to get them to act quick.
Old 18th October 2010, 21:45   #22
BHPian

@shashank
it very unfortunate to hear that a new car has problems and it surely dents the new car experience, hope your problem gets rectified soon.
try to get the issue resolved without getting into legal hassles as it would only prolong your problems, keep it as a last resort if the dealer or maruti doesn't cooperate.
Old 18th October 2010, 21:52   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Very honestly this might be a case of shorted power steering motor, and hence its blowing the fuse repeatedly. Best thing is to get a complete power steering replacement and move on. If it fails again then you have a case and a bigger/real issue.

But all of this is not an excuse for falling quality standards from MUL!
This is what i fear may happen. Supposing i take the car, its fine for a few days but then fails again. That's when i'll have no faith on whatever the dealer or the company tells me. Mom generally drives within the city, but we do plan on using it for a few if not all of our trips. I don't even want to think of a failure at highway speeds.

I am being a little more demanding than others,because i feel i have a right to be satisfied that my car is absolutely safe and problem free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1fan View Post

What i was thinking was as long as the car is STILL at the dealer he'd be trying to do something about getting it out of there and in the process my problem may get completely rectified(my hopes)

If i take the car, he'll just wash his hands off it especially after the reply he gave my mom i have no reason to believe otherwise.

Last edited by Jaggu : 18th October 2010 at 22:01. Reason: Back to back posts, use Multi Quote (Quote +) instead. Thanks
Old 18th October 2010, 22:00   #24
Team-BHP Support

See this is the era of brand new Audi's losing power steering system. Best thing it to do is work with dealer to get it sorted and maybe get a goodwill extended warranty or a written guarantee that they will take care of any future issue.

Yes a shorted wiring can cause this issue, but see if they can replace the wiring loom if its a serious cut.
Old 18th October 2010, 22:20   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooza View Post
+1 to this.

My issue of the starter not cranking ocassionally in my brand new M800 got resolved on my 3rd visit (took me nearly a month of follow up), wherein the dealer finally replaced the defective starter under warranty.

After this I had a truly wonderful ownership of nearly 11 years, absolutely not a single breakdown thereafter

But to achieve this repair, I had to send a letter to the service centre, with a copy to Maruti customer care with a detailed history of events, including the names of all the people concerned with my case at the service centre. And guess what, I started getting desperate calls from the service centre to turn my vehicle in for repairs thereafter, and the problem was resolved in a day !

Hoping your problem gets resolved soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
Power Steering Issues are not major and this is a minor problem from what I can make out.

Worst case scenario - you need to replace the entire power system thing which I have no technical knowledge about BUT had accompanied someone who got a similar thing done in a Getz cost him / the company about 14k.

Your car is brand new and your best bet would be to go to the dealer and speak to the owner of the dealership as Maruti takes these problems very seriously.

Tell them that you need a replacement car ASAP else you are going to wrote to the Gurgaon head office and threaten them. I know it's a long call But whatever it takes them to take action and get your car repaired.

The other bet if this does not work is go to another dealership. Usually other dealerships are always happy to get other dissatisfied customers. They can help you escalate the problem to Maruti as they would know the right numbers and contacts in Marutis Head Office.

Last but not the least - See A car is a mechanical object and every now and then you get a car which has a problem. Usually dealers do not want to waste their time and service slot and manpower in repairing your car and that is where the companies image lies - its dealers.

There are plenty of people here on this forum who can probably advise better.

Hope it gets solved soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmaljusdoit View Post
Shashank - Unfortunate that your facing such a problem with your new ride. Unfortunately, no manufacturing process in the world is 100% problem free.
The EPS is not a part which is manufactured by Maruti, but by its vendor. Diagnosing why the issue is happening could be due to any reasons with either the steering column, motor, steering rack, other electronics etc.

If the rest of your car is working fine, then it shouldn't be a lemon. We cant however rule out foul play at the dealer end since the replies they are giving you seem highly doubtful.

I suggest you call the Maruti helpline, lodge a complaint about the car & the response from the dealer. Mail them on contact@maruti.co.in with a link to this thread. This should work !

Don't worry, all is not lost, keep us posted
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
@sashank -- Sorry for the trouble you are facing! But I believe its one off a case.

Try calling up the regional office - trust me, things happen real quick after that! These dealership / service centre guys are trying to fool around as most of the customers back off after one or two instances and live with the same defunct product.

I had a problem with the my delivery of Swift VDi ABS [AVG motors Kottayam and I gave them a tough time for 2 months] I finally got my car [infact second day] of my calling the regional sales team. So they also have a service section in regional office [located in Cochin]. You can get the contact numbers from the maruti suzuki website.

Guys, if anyone has any email ids of regional office guys, please paste it here or PM this guy.

I believe the problem is NOT with the fuse and if they completely replace the steering assembly, it might be sorted out.

So please give it a shot by calling regional office before trying any legal steps as its really time consuming and a pain to follow up for 4-5 years! Also you will end up spending more money than the actual price of the vehicle! Please dont wait for the customer care to respond, either call them up and call the regional office straight away!

And of course you can try the method which "mooza" tried - Am sure it will work BIG time.

And all this agony is temporary - you will definitely enjoy each and every moment with your Ritz once this issue is fixed.
@mooza: I've made a note of all the people who have dealt with my case. I think because of the dasara break things haven't moved much in my case, but hopefully in the next few days i'll see some light

@nirmaljusdoit: I've written a mail to that address. Thanks for the id.

@vkochar: As of now the dealer is still helpful. If he starts to ignore the car i will threaten him with what u've said.

@swiftnfurious: I hope this agony is temporary too
Old 18th October 2010, 22:26   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
See this is the era of brand new Audi's losing power steering system. Best thing it to do is work with dealer to get it sorted and maybe get a goodwill extended warranty or a written guarantee that they will take care of any future issue.

Yes a shorted wiring can cause this issue, but see if they can replace the wiring loom if its a serious cut.
I am trying to get it in writing that this issue was a one-off case and will not occur in the future or atleast not after me driving a few kms from the service station.

About the shorted wiring i didn't quite understand when the rep explained. Woul be glad if you could enlighten me on this.
Old 18th October 2010, 23:17   #27
Senior - BHPian

Being an electrical Power steering the fuse is blown of by a surge in electricity. When your car comes in for service and a job card issued, the first thing a mechanic checks with any electrical complaint is the fuse box. He replaces the fuse and viola!! It works. This is how they are taught to do their job, quick and no further hassles. He might not even have to start the engine and drive the car to check.

But when you start the car and the alternator starts generating power, this can reroute itself through a faulty wiring and into the EPS line, taking out the fuse. The problem is it takes time to trace something like this which the lazy bums in SS are reluctant to do.

This of course the opinion without even seeing the car and can be utter bollocks.

On the bright side it is not a major mechanical complaint (i.e. if this was a hydraulic unit) and once the faulty wiring is replaced will not affect your cars performance. Although I am no fan of Marutis and have a sizeable detest towards them this is a really rare complaint. Seeing from the experience of other Maruti owners the company should be quick to react as well. Best of Luck.
Old 19th October 2010, 07:54   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
Apologies for posting so late in the day. Was busy with work in office.

I had written a mail to the Corporate Head-Sales of Maruti on tuesday, and i am still waiting for their response.

A representative of the dealer had come down today and he explained that the fuse failed repeatedly due to a wire which shorted on hard press of the clutch. Didn't quite understand what he meant by the "hard press". But he assured us that the wire had been identified and insulated, henceforth we shouldn't have any problem. But we were not convinced and asked him to give us something in writing.

I have also sent mails to the regional manager, customer care(again) and waiting for them to respond.

As of now dad and me decided to send a lawyer's notice just to get them to act quick.
@Sashank, why dont u call up the regional guys? Take some time off your work [15 minutes should be more than enough] and try reaching them over the phone and not mails. Remember, you are at the receiving end and not the company / dealer! Its better not to leave a brand new car at the dealership as you will have no idea who will mess with that.
Old 19th October 2010, 11:35   #29
BHPian

Maruti's quality has gone down terribly. I own a sx4 and i am never ever gonna buy another maruti product ever again. i got my sx4 this march and within a week of its purchase its rear passenger wheel got punctured.now new wheels are supposed to have some sort off resistance to punctures. anyways i thought it could be a one off case and went ahead with it. after another week my driver side tyre actually burst. luckily i was going slowly at around 20kmph. even though maruti replaced the tyre and apologized for the same it could have been a very bad scenario had i been driving at a faster speed. i am just waiting when i get rid of these crappy JK's.

I also had a very bad experience of *** when my car got stuck in knee high water and all the electronics of the car went kaput. the PS, Power windows, airbag, locks etc. the whole bill given to me was about 70K. it took maruti 15 days to set my car right as they did not have all the parts needed at hand. i took the insurance claim and my bill was settled at 16k. still a lot of money to spend on a new car.

not to mention a six month old car rattles is something that just speaks volumes about the poor quality that maruti offers. i curse myself on why didnt i go ahead i buy myself a altis or a city.
Old 19th October 2010, 11:44   #30
Senior - BHPian

@Zero_cool : I agree about the tyres being not very good part.

However, wading through water would have adverse affects on any car, no matter how stringent its quality control is. I am sure any Honda would also suffer a similar fate as your SX4 and may present an even heftier bill.

Agree about the rattles part though.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks