Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2010, 18:07   #31
Senior - BHPian

I took all your advice and filed a complaint with the maruti helpline, send a mail to maruti suzuki and also booked a complaint with the regional office 2 day back, But I have recieved no reply as yet. I am pretty dissapointed with the may maruti treats its customers.
Old 20th October 2010, 21:24   #32
BHPian

@ shashank - sorry to hear this unfortunate incident. Have you tried sending your query on Contact Us section in Maruti Suzuki company manufactures the best selling cars in India. I raised couple of queries today and got response within 1.5-2 hours. And same has been the case in the past too, though it has not been for any issue with the car.

I think in this case it is the dealer who has to sort the issue. If it is a problem with the part being defective then it is dealer's responsibility to follow it up with Maruti on the background. For you, the dealer should rectify this problem, whatever be the cost.
Old 20th October 2010, 21:41   #33
BHPian

You can call up Anytime Maruti first. Its a truth that Maruti products are facing failures way too often. Its the 6th month with my VDi and I have brought her to A.S.S at least 10 times for several items though. However, their customer service is still as good as always and you can always get justice from them, thats 100% sure. Between, where is the car now? I've mail IDs of Kerala division managers.
Old 20th October 2010, 23:42   #34
BHPian

Another reason why it makes perfect sense to do a pre-registration check and do a test drive as mentioned in SMG's PDI check list.

Sorry to hear about your incident. Over the past decade or so that we've owned a Maruti at home, we've received excellent service from them. But a few friends have have experience problems with their service as well. But what happened to you with a brand new car is inexcusable! I hope the dealer sorts this out!

We decided at home to buy a new car and selected the Ritz ZXI and are expecting delivery in the next month. I already have a copy of the pdi check list with me and will make sure to go through everything mentioned in it twice before I pick up my car!

Also I've noticed on my recent visit to Bharath Automobiles in Mangalore; Of the two Ritz Genus they had. The Vxi had JK tyres while the VDI had Bridgestone.

Kudos to SMG for the check list! Life saver that!

Last edited by Samurai : 21st October 2010 at 00:39. Reason: typo
Old 21st October 2010, 07:54   #35
Senior - BHPian

@bhpmaniac: Can you please PM me all their mail id's. Will write to them and see if they do something about it.
Old 21st October 2010, 11:01   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
@bhpmaniac: Can you please PM me all their mail id's. Will write to them and see if they do something about it.
Hi friend, Please check your PM inbox. I've sent the ID's. Between, any update from Maruti on the issue? If there is no response, please mention that also in a strong language in the mail. I am sure they will come to your home with in a mx. of 24 hrs time.
Old 21st October 2010, 11:25   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trust_In_Thrust View Post
we contacted JK tyres too apart from maruti and there engineer came to the service station but washed his hands off saying they are fine.I had told him to get it replaced but he insited saying Maruti is right .
any chance you have pics of the bubbles ? Were the tyres tubeless ?
Were they something like this : ? (pic attached)
Were they on the side walls ? Side wall bubbles suggest that the rubber got separated from the ply / wires etc.

Blisters / Bubbles / Cracks or any sort of visible un-naturalness should not be tolerated on tyres at all !
Attached Thumbnails
Defective Maruti Ritz ZXI with repeated Power Steering failures-bubble-side-wall.jpg  

Old 21st October 2010, 11:35   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbread View Post
Being an electrical Power steering the fuse is blown of by a surge in electricity. When your car comes in for service and a job card issued, the first thing a mechanic checks with any electrical complaint is the fuse box. He replaces the fuse and viola!! It works. This is how they are taught to do their job, quick and no further hassles. He might not even have to start the engine and drive the car to check.

But when you start the car and the alternator starts generating power, this can reroute itself through a faulty wiring and into the EPS line, taking out the fuse. The problem is it takes time to trace something like this which the lazy bums in SS are reluctant to do.
It is highly likely that the current surge might have nothing to do with the EPS at all ! The EPS has its own DTC codes (Diagnostic codes).. I'd suggest you to ask the SS to connect an OBD cable to the ECU and check for DTCs... The DTC codes are fairly exhaustive and would help you in zeroing down on the exact problem ... EPS or someother system whcih shares signals and currents with the EPS might be the culprit.

Keep us posted with the changes that MSIL / SS does to your car ... If possible, please document the DTC and share them too

@Mods : Sorry for thread bumping ! my bad. Won't repeat.

Last edited by Manas : 21st October 2010 at 11:36. Reason: Apology added.
Old 21st October 2010, 11:49   #39
BANNED

@manas : they were on the side walls .
Old 21st October 2010, 12:06   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
Hi All,

I purchased a Maruti Suzuki Ritz ZXI from Popular Motors at Kottayam on 9th October, 2010. I took delivery of the vehicle at 5pm on saturday, and as everyone, was excited about having bought a new car and the miles i would clock in with it. Little did i know that i was being sold a absolute lemon !

History:
On delivery, we(dad, mom and me) drove the car from the dealership to home, a distance about 6-7 kms and no problems whatsoever with the car on the journey. Doomsday was just a few hours away!
On Sunday morning dad had to take the car to the church, and on the way he realized that the power steering was not functioning. He felt stiffness in the drive and it was very hard to steer. He even mentioned it was like driving a lorry. He somehow managed to get home and as Sunday was on off for the dealership, the fault could only be reported on Monday. The car was not driven for the rest of the day.
On Monday morning at around 10am, car is taken to the dealership Popular Motors. Got a call at around 10.40am saying that all faults have been identified and rectified. A blown fuse was identified as the cause of the problem, and it was replaced. They also clocked in considerable mileage as "testing".
I picked up the car at 11, and after driving about 3 kms (until which it was working fine) i noticed that the power steering had failed again. So, i promptly took the vehicle back to the dealer and subsequently at around 5pm got a call from the dealer saying that all faults have been rectified and this time also the fault was with the fuse which was replaced on the same day.
Once i took delivery of the vehicle, i noticed the fault had not been rectified.When we called the dealership again (my mom spoke) a representative of the dealer had the audacity to tell her that the car was "fine" when we took delivery of it and something had happened on the way, and it had been 5 mins since we'd left.
I had had enough of it! A brand new car's power steering failing on the very first day, was something i had never experienced. We took it to the dealer and insisted that the dealer take the vehicle back, which they refused unless we gave them in writing that he was taking custody of the vehicle for repairs at my request.
I gave the letter indicating the fault and that i would "like" to get the vehicle inspected again.The car was sent to the dealer through his representative on Tuesday and it has been with him ever since as i am insisting on a replacement. I'm not satisfied with it being a "minor" fault which has been rectified as reported by them, but i think it is a manufacturing defect. The dealer says that its not possible to replace the car as it has already been registered in my name. That's his onle defense.
Inspite of the numerous attempts made to fix the problem, it still persists. I've written a mail to Maruti Suzuki Customer Care about the problem and i'm awaiting response. We consulted a lawyer, who said we can file a case in the customer court and we would get a refund in 4-5 years. It is 5.5 lakhs of hard-earned money, and the last thing i'd want is not having a car or the money for until i get a refund. So, i'm saving the option of filing a suit if nothing else works.
I've owned cars before and none of them have turned out to be such lemons. We bought a Skoda Laura which is about three years old and runs fine. No major problems whatsoever, even though i've heard many other members experience problems.

This car was mainly purchased for my mom and we narrowed down to Ritz mainly because of 2 reasons. Reliability and Relatively problem-free (as i've experienced with my 24 tear-old Maruti 800, which till date runs fine). Both of it have been shattered. It pains me to not have the car, and that its just rotting at the dealer. I feel cheated and i have blood in my eyes everytime i think of my car.

This is day-light robbery by both Maruti and Popular Motors and i feel the only way i will ever be satisfied is with a replacement.

Please advice me on what can be done.
Hi Shashank,

Its disappointing to hear of your situation and I know exactly how you feel. But as everyone else has clearly mentioned that Maruti takes their customer complaints very seriously and I personally can vouch for the same as I had my issues escalated to the top and it was solved without any cost or hassles to me. And mind you, my Swift was a 5 year old car and out of warranty!.

You can write to Mr. Pankaj Narula on pankaj.narula@maruti.co.in. I believe he is the Head - Service and is based in Delhi. I don't know if your car will be replace but I am sure your problem will be solved.
Old 21st October 2010, 20:01   #41
Senior - BHPian

@bhpmaniac: Thanks for the id's. I've written to them.
Old 25th October 2010, 14:32   #42
Senior - BHPian

I am still waiting for a response from Maruti. Calling their regional office and their Gurgaon office has all gone waste. I am shocked by their attitude.
Old 1st November 2010, 13:17   #43
BHPian

Any response yet Shashank? Hope you've received some reply,otherwise it wont be until the festive season is over that your hear from them.Some 'festive season' for you huh :(
Old 7th November 2010, 20:11   #44
Senior - BHPian

Have sent a legal notice to them. Expecting some response after this.
Old 22nd January 2011, 01:43   #45
BHPian

Re: Defective Maruti Ritz ZXI with repeated Power Steering failures

hi shashank,

was curious to know how the incident turned out at the end? What was the fault with the vehicle? Did the maruti people do anything about it? Did you get the whole power steering assembly replaced?

Do share with us your experience.
Hoping everything went off smoothly.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks