Old 17th November 2010, 12:30   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arihant.EXE View Post
currently my car is under review by FORD
Quote:
reported to FORD past 2 months
By Ford, do you mean the dealer or the company itself?. Because, I think this has to do something with the dealer. Nowadays these A.S.S guys sell far too many TD vehicles to regular customers. They just pull the speedo cable, give the car for TD and then plug the cable back in and sell if off to a regular customer. This car must have encountered an accident during the TD or atleast from the yard and it seems to be repaired/repainted. There is no other way the AC vents be smudged with paint. Now, by Ford, if you mean the dealer, I suggest you escalate the matter directly to the company. Hopefully you can find whom to contact, and contact numbers/emails in this thread.
Old 17th November 2010, 13:27   #17
BHPian

You deserve a new car from Ford or complete refund + compensation for the loss (visits to dealer etc) due to this faulty product by ford. This is all I can say, I am so much shocked to see this.
Old 17th November 2010, 22:53   #18
BHPian

replies..

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post
I would do a paint chip repair and carry out a full body detail.

If possible, get a underbody anti-rust spray(available with Wurth and 3M).

Sand down the rust and spray it on the underbody areas.

The 'bubble' formation is a real pain. Its called 'solvent pop'.
Only solution to that is repaint.

Has the rear hatch been repainted??
the paint flow is generally seen in repainted panels!!

And the pitting seen in the last pic of 1st post is the aftermath of 'solvent pop'(has it been repainted?)

I guess the car(most panels) were repainted at dealership level maybe due to some mishap.(and it was a shoddy coverup job rather than a full repaint!)

The paint marks on the interiors show that the car has seen paintbooth! Painter might have touched the dash while he was painting the car.

You can check whether any dent correction was carried out or not by looking on the inside of the panels!!

(like if you remove the fender and see that its been beaten from the inside = repairs carried out at dealership level before purchase!)

Most others are rock chips and reminders of some seriously crappy roads the car has seen!

And in case your car's metal is exposed due to any reason, always try to cover it up with touch up paint or some clearcoat so that it doesn't undergo rusting!
The car is driven only on 40kms of return stretch of Palm Beach Express road in Navi mumbai everyday, which is butter smooth and has been only used 3 times so as to visit lonavala via mumbai-pune expressway. The car is exactly 9500Kms old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
This is terrible! For any car less than a year old even in any trying weather conditions in India, this is too much. Have any other Figo owners experienced such an issue? If not, this could be a lemon of a car. Do prove to the dealership that this is a lemon and check out what options are at your disposal. Stripping and repainting would never result in the same quality as of factory paint. Most of the times, not even close to it. The repaint lasts only for around 70-75% time of what the original paint can last for IMO. Frankly speaking, my Premier Padmini which is 20 year old has lesser signs of rust and paint damage than this Figo (mind it that I have parked for atleast 2 years on the streets and a regular user).

See if by any means, you can get a replacement, even if you have to shell out a few thousand ruppees.
i dont really know how i should go about this.
Tomorrow i am supposed to meet the regional Manager for the western region of Ford at the Dealership, he shall himself look at the same and give me the resolution..

earlier he pressed for repainting of only those panels, but i have asked for full body repaint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Aiyaiyaiyaiyaiyo! Terrible, to say the least.

Beyond the usage nicks and scrapes from usage and misalignment, this is the result of bad painting practices. I am not too sure if the fault is that of Ford at production time time (the panels are dip-coated and baked; the QC inspector would lose their job if such things go past them) - this seems to be something that the dealer might have done to fix something that has gone wrong during transit, storage or even worse - demo car!

Why didn't you contact the dealer and register your protest the first time you saw chipped paint? You should anyhow talk to Ford and send them the pics.
Its done already long time back. its just that they are very linient and take lots of time to even reply to the pics of all the above mentioned issues by their own dealers via email

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurp99 View Post
This is a very sad thread for me. Especially because i also have a Figo. I feel that even if the state of the car is the dealer's fault (which it probably is), Ford will have to take responsibility. I guess this will be a good test of Ford's customer focus.
I wish i could go by the same faith pertaining to Indian automakers and especially Ford, which has been reluctant in accepting any of the mistakes that it might have done with the car.

like: Headlight, Ground Clearance, Kat Kat Dicky Noise( only solution is whole trim change which they did for me) but no they arent recalling and nor doing by themselves unless u press hard on them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Arihant.EXE
In some of the photos problems highlight by you seem to be that of paint chipping off. This could have happened when some stone brushed against the car. This has happened to me on my older car.
Agreed the paint job isn't the best compared to cars in the segment. There has been a lot of cost cutting.
But I wouldn't go that far as to blame fords painting just yet.

photo0053.jpg
and
photo0094.jpg
seems to have been caused by dirty shoes/feet and mud while getting in and out of the car.

But in some pictures it your concerns look genuine. I'm not defending ford but I feel that you might have got a dealer repaired/repainted car.

Could you explain whats wrong with the AC vents?
Dear, i take really good care of the side atleast through which i myself enter. what irritates me more is that the sides and rear doors from where the unruly passengers might have rode inside the car, is still not much affected but the side that i enter from had formed bubbles, which after bursting created huge patch of rust

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
By Ford, do you mean the dealer or the company itself?. Because, I think this has to do something with the dealer. Nowadays these A.S.S guys sell far too many TD vehicles to regular customers. They just pull the speedo cable, give the car for TD and then plug the cable back in and sell if off to a regular customer. This car must have encountered an accident during the TD or atleast from the yard and it seems to be repaired/repainted. There is no other way the AC vents be smudged with paint. Now, by Ford, if you mean the dealer, I suggest you escalate the matter directly to the company. Hopefully you can find whom to contact, and contact numbers/emails in this thread.
Both, the paint quality standards maintained by both of them are below par and pathetic i guesss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashim View Post
You deserve a new car from Ford or complete refund + compensation for the loss (visits to dealer etc) due to this faulty product by ford. This is all I can say, I am so much shocked to see this.
Dont really know if i should press for the same..

Wat you other guys/ members would like to suggest ?
Old 18th November 2010, 01:25   #19
BHPian

Arihant Im very sure that your dealer or service station has repainted your car for some very unfair reasons. Company paint does not look like that.

I would demand a new car if I was cheated to this extent
Old 18th November 2010, 02:54   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anubhavarya View Post
Arihant Im very sure that your dealer or service station has repainted your car for some very unfair reasons. Company paint does not look like that.

I would demand a new car if I was cheated to this extent
Exactly, what i can see from those shocking pics, there is certainly some hidden story to the car, Contact ford directly, SKIP the dealer for now, don't let dealer convince you for touch up paints.

Sorry to say but this car looks like refurbished and not a factory painted.
Are you sure you have not been given a DEMO or a Used Car

You should stand strong and we the members of TBHP are with you, ask them to replace the car, and do a proper investigation what exactly lead to this kinda poor quality paint.

I won't expect such a painting job from a local garage.

Also tell ford, this is and will certainly push back the future buyers to decide a FIGO.
Old 19th November 2010, 00:08   #21
BHPian

Update Guys !

except the two rear doors and the roof, everything will be repainted !

They have asked me to get the car to them on Tuesday and then till saturday, they shall work on the same and the car will be delivered back to me on Sunday next week probably.

Lets C how it goes !
Old 19th November 2010, 03:21   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

That's good news!. Make sure they match the paint perfectly, and this time over, ensure that you get top notch quality.
Old 19th November 2010, 07:46   #23
BANNED

Hmm! First of all, why is the paint quality on this Figo so bad? Is it a Lemon car?

Ask for replacement car buddy, why re-paint a new car??
Old 19th November 2010, 09:01   #24
BHPian

Going by the photographs, it had to be a TD car or an accident vehicle which was refurbished and sold off. The car has been through some serious stuff, that even the seam sealer on the doors/hatch appears to be patched up.

In the recent times, Ford dealers have been in the limelight for all the wrong reasons. A fellow member had been the witness to the atrocious acts done to brand new cars at Lathangi Ford yard (Bangalore dealer) by the security folks.

You deserve a new car, not a repaint job.

Last edited by jeeva : 19th November 2010 at 09:03.
Old 19th November 2010, 09:13   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How're they going to paint? Remove all the parts & the paint or simply paint without removing the paint by standing?

BTW, what's the VIN number of the car? You may want to check the manufacturing month & year using this thread - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...dian-cars.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeva View Post
Going by the photographs, it had to be a TD car or an accident vehicle which was refurbished and sold off.
+1; Sorry Arihant, couldn't help thinking in the above lines!!!

What's the year & month of manufacture quoted in your RC book?

Last edited by aargee : 19th November 2010 at 09:16.
Old 19th November 2010, 23:23   #26
Senior - BHPian

I do agree with both aargee and jeeva.

If I were in your place, I would have asked for a replacement. Trust me, there is no way a brand new car can rust like this. Yes, I do suspect that this a 'Lemon'.

EDIT : This link might help you - ARTICLE: What to do if you are stuck with a lemon (Defective car)

Anyway, keep us updated.

Amith

Last edited by Klub Class : 19th November 2010 at 23:25. Reason: Added a note.
Old 20th November 2010, 18:30   #27
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
So, in short, they are repainting 75% of the car? If you are okay with a repaint, why not get the entire car done up? Otherwise, there will inevitably be some colour difference.

BTW, your opening posts definitely hint toward a manufacturing defect or a dealer patch up job.
Old 20th November 2010, 19:27   #28
Senior - BHPian

This is real bad. believe me this car will be junk after few years.

i am totally against repainting this kind of damages. there is lot of theory apart from just repainting it when it comes to sheet metal.

There are coats over the raw sheets that act as barrier between negative and positive potentials. even if minor portion between this is damaged ionic action starts and causes rust and corrosion.

I can see here that the paint coats have not bonded to the base coat properly.

when the bare body, we call it as BIW(body in white) goes through the various sections of paint shop it is first washed chemically, neutralised and then coated. I bet with this bath the paint shop was not functioning properly.

Even if you paint the entire car from outside, there will be damages in future in the engine bay, below the seats, floor etc etc.

fight for a new car.
second option is ask them to provide you a entire new body and just remove your engine , seats etc and fit it in this new body.

this is a clear case of bad QC and a car manufactured in wrongly functioning paint shop.
Old 20th November 2010, 20:30   #29
BHPian

there are two things that may have happened with this car:

a. an accident , maybe n transport and then a cover up. half hearted at that.
b. paint booth robots gone silly.

either case, a 75% repaint is not the solution. I would investigate the real age of the vehicle based on VIN and then perhaps push for a refund. it should ideally be hard to get a figo more than 6 weeks old. its a fast selling car from a company that is looking at such volume for the first time.

Is there no problem in the engine bay or inner body panels? or maybe they will take some more time to develop because of relative isolation from natural forces.
Old 22nd November 2010, 17:00   #30
BHPian

Hi, It is indeed sad to see the state of your Figo. Good that Ford has agreed to do something about it.

However, you seem to not have disclosed the accidents your car has had. Here is the link where you mentioned you had 3 accidents when the car was stationary.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1949610

So I guess the dealer's paint job is shody and not the quality of Ford paint. Pls correct me if I'm wrong.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks