Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2012, 15:57   #46

Re: Daylight robbery by Hyundai: Santro drive axle costs 22.5K!!!

Finally got it fixed in my neighborhood. Rs 4,500 /- in all for both sides.
upspeed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2012, 16:59   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by upspeed View Post
some more details please...fixed, as in, replaced with new parts or existing parts serviced ?
Old 19th March 2012, 17:39   #48
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi upspeed,

Can you share more details? I have a Santro with 80k kms on the odo and I am having the same problem and would like to take care of it at the earliest.

Please PM me with more info.

Thanks,
gpa
Old 3rd April 2012, 12:24   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa View Post
Hi upspeed,

Can you share more details? I have a Santro with 80k kms on the odo and I am having the same problem and would like to take care of it at the earliest.

Please PM me with more info.

Thanks,
gpa
There is a small garage called Raj Motors near BTM Water Tank. Contact Raju 98450-24219. He mentioned that there is some workshop in Bommanahalli that fixes these drive shafts.
Old 28th January 2013, 20:27   #50
BHPian

Quote:
There is a small garage called Raj Motors near BTM Water Tank. Contact Raju 98450-24219. He mentioned that there is some workshop in Bommanahalli that fixes these drive shafts.
I have the same problem with my Santro AT - 2003 model, and I got a quote from Hyundai for 24k today. I asked him to leave it alone for now.

Also, I just spoke to Raju, and he has quoted me a price of Rs. 4500 for the automatic drive shaft (MGP brand) including labour, and a 6 month guarantee. I asked him if it is a repaired/refurbished one, he insists it is new. He also said he replaced it for someone called Santosh last year - is that you ?

Could you possibly PM me your phone number so I can speak to you ?
Old 5th April 2014, 14:30   #51
Team-BHP Support

The jinx continues, wife was complaining about the kat kat sound and i managed to find a source who could get me OE part at about 11.2k. I assumed it would be the Right side one, which i had replaced with a second hand one that is gone kapput again. Just to confirm i took a drive now and it seems its the new left one that was replaced by Samurai that is making sound!

No visible cuts or leaks on the boots on either sides. So will take it to Hyundai coming week and get a confirmation on which side is bust. I have the spare one for Left from the second hand set i had procured anyways.

But the most shocking bit is car has done hardly done 7000 kms after the new drive shaft by Samurai!!
Old 5th April 2014, 16:42   #52
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
The jinx continues, wife was complaining about the kat kat sound and i managed to find a source who could get me OE part at about 11.2k. I assumed it would be the Right side one, which i had replaced with a second hand one that is gone kapput again. Just to confirm i took a drive now and it seems its the new left one that was replaced by Samurai that is making sound!

No visible cuts or leaks on the boots on either sides. So will take it to Hyundai coming week and get a confirmation on which side is bust. I have the spare one for Left from the second hand set i had procured anyways.

But the most shocking bit is car has done hardly done 7000 kms after the new drive shaft by Samurai!!
Bust wheel bearings also have a tendency to make a sound similar to that of bust cv joints - the sound would be higher while turning to one side too. Since you say your boots are ok, it would make sense to check the wheel bearings and see if they are ok before checking out the drive shafts.
VeyronSuperSprt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2016, 11:38   #53

My reconditioned driveshafts lasted me over four years. Just called Advaith Hyundai to check the price of the driveshafts now. I was hoping that they would have dropped prices. To my surprise they said Rs 27,000 each!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks