Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2008, 10:58   #46
Team-BHP Support

great guide tyre bhagwaan. too bad i already knew how to do this. but i didnt know that there are those 2 cuts which you have to slot the jack between.
Old 29th September 2008, 11:54   #47
Senior - BHPian

Great stuff Ishaan, nice pictorial
I am sure many guys who are not aware of the correct procedure will benefit from this.
Old 29th September 2008, 12:26   #48
Senior - BHPian

Nice pictorial Bhagwaan ji

Whats next? Pictorial guide: How to get bulges on all four tires and get them replaced?
Old 29th September 2008, 17:56   #49
BHPian

Neat stuff Ishan, but i guess the location to place the jack may vary with the make of car(I may be wrong).
Old 30th September 2008, 00:32   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshurao View Post
Neat stuff Ishan, but i guess the location to place the jack may vary with the make of car(I may be wrong).
It might but in most modern cars (or at least the ones I've seen/worked on) have the same location as the sills are specially strengthened in these portions. But in case of any doubt the best way is to refer to the user manual of the car to determine the exact location of the spot where you should position the jack.
Old 30th September 2008, 10:53   #51
BHPian

Ishan, is there any difference in the methods used to change alloy wheels and ordinary ones?
Old 30th September 2008, 11:00   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post

Thanks Anup! I was thinking of doing a guide on how to change a car's Battery & another one of how to get the wheels balanced. What do you think?

!
I think it is a great idea Ishaan. Go for it. That's why we joined a forum, to learn and share experiences.

Even in the simplest of procedures, there is always something to learn.
Old 30th September 2008, 12:00   #53
GTO
Team-BHP Support

*clicks 5 star rating and makes thread a sticky*. Fantastic pictoral, Irags! Will help thousands on this forum. Thanks for sharing!
Old 30th September 2008, 12:53   #54
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
The lug nuts need to be juggled while holding the tyre & voila you get to fix one thread into the drum / disc nstead of the Jap way of doing things, simply slide the tyre into the already fixed threaded lugs !????????

Is there a way of going to the more sensible way of changing a tyre ???
(
Why not try to raise and hold the tyre in place using the wheel spanner / lever? Or use both of them together (crossing them like this "\/") with wide ends on the earth, and holding the wheel there?
Old 30th September 2008, 13:04   #55
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
I think it is a great idea Ishaan. Go for it. That's why we joined a forum, to learn and share experiences.

+1 for this. Eagerly waiting for the wheel balancing guide. Also, if you can compile the correct way of getting alignment done, even if its not DIY
Old 30th September 2008, 18:11   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
but i didnt know that there are those 2 cuts which you have to slot the jack between.
See you did learn something!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Whats next? Pictorial guide: How to get bulges on all four tires and get them replaced?
Hans le KP, hans le! I'll be TD'ing your Getz this weekend & then let's see who laughs!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by srijit View Post
Ishan, is there any difference in the methods used to change alloy wheels and ordinary ones?
No difference Srijit, only difference would be that if you have wheel caps on the steel wheels, you would need to align it properly to make sure the air valve matches its slot on the wheel cap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post

Thanks Sam! Will do those guides soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
*clicks 5 star rating and makes thread a sticky*. Fantastic pictoral, Irags! Will help thousands on this forum. Thanks for sharing!
Thanks Rush!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
Why not try to raise and hold the tyre in place using the wheel spanner / lever? Or use both of them together (crossing them like this "\/") with wide ends on the earth, and holding the wheel there?
Spare wheels with tyres are quite heavy, even in 13" configs so I doubt that juggad would be able to hold the weight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
+1 for this. Eagerly waiting for the wheel balancing guide. Also, if you can compile the correct way of getting alignment done, even if its not DIY
Thanks Eddy, will do soon!
Old 30th September 2008, 18:29   #57
Senior - BHPian

Hmmm, quite a few good threads came up in my absence!

Excellent pictorial Ishan, so you're finally living up to the Distinguished title eh.
Old 30th September 2008, 18:54   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post

Thanks for the suggestion. I have tried this a number of times on my Zen & 800. (that is still do-able) BUT trying this circus on the Octavia or an Audi is another ball game.

As Ishaan said the weight is a bit much & a messed up lower back does not help either

Cheers
Old 8th October 2008, 14:45   #59
BHPian

Great thread iraghava!

Could you add 2 more sections, with pics

1. Jacking up an SUV (Scorp/Safari kind), cuz I remember seeing people placing the jack right under the suspension (rear, is what i had seen) and not on the body like in the pics that you have provided.
Isnt that why SUVs have a longer jack handle?

2. Getting the spare tyre out, from the bottom, of the vehicle, like the ones under Innova, the new Tata Sumo Victa, where the tyre is not on the hatch/back door.

Thanks!
Old 8th October 2008, 17:01   #60
Senior - BHPian

I'll try & do that too but for that I'll have to first get hold of an SUV!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks