Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2006, 20:02   #31
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

This is a Bangalore car?
Old 16th January 2006, 20:12   #32
Senior - BHPian

@ Mpower - Its turbocharged.

@ Z Classe - These figures are courtsey Leela.

Quote:
Well, you are right about both the gearing and the rider skill. But we essentially agree that FWD + 250 hp + 1/4 mile is not = 11 sec. Unless it's downhill...
I dont know what leela has on the card? 250BHP + Suspension change + Wider rubber + Vtec Motor + High Boost + 8500 RPM and all wont make him reach 11 secs, but i am sure thats enough to blow any other car on the drag strip (including Baleno and A-Z Zens). Also if Leela has reduced the weight of the car (which i am sure he must have) just imagine the power to weight ratio. All this and he is aiming to get 1/4th mile in 11 secs? I dont know but his aim is 11 secs and he may also go beyond 300BHP but he surely will attempt 11secs ( be that 11.9X)

Last edited by BUSA : 16th January 2006 at 20:13.
Old 16th January 2006, 20:39   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I dont know what leela has on the card? 250BHP + Suspension change + Wider rubber + Vtec Motor + High Boost + 8500 RPM and all wont make him reach 11 secs, but i am sure thats enough to blow any other car on the drag strip (including Baleno and A-Z Zens). Also if Leela has reduced the weight of the car (which i am sure he must have) just imagine the power to weight ratio. All this and he is aiming to get 1/4th mile in 11 secs? I dont know but his aim is 11 secs and he may also go beyond 300BHP but he surely will attempt 11secs ( be that 11.9X)
Well, even if he lightens the car, it'l need to weigh around 500kgs (with driver) and still produce around 250bhp (at the wheel). Only then can it be done.

I've got a vid of a 650bhp (FWD) Civic doing the 1/4mile in 10.XX secs. But i tell you, if that was an AWD, he'd have easily shaved atleast 1.5 secs off that time. He was spinning his wheels extensively, in every gear.

Shan2nu
Old 16th January 2006, 20:44   #34
Senior - BHPian

Shantanu i doubt 500kgs is acievable. He needs more power.

Quote:
He was spinning his wheels extensively, in every gear.
Thats the same problem even Leela is facing.
Old 17th January 2006, 08:43   #35
BHPian

Ok.
one Question...
after Boosting the car like this, what is FE any one should expect...
Old 17th January 2006, 10:13   #36
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfikar
Ok.
one Question...
after Boosting the car like this, what is FE any one should expect...
What ??? Efficiency ??? These two terms arent to be mentioned in the same sentence for such cars ..

They are thoroughbred race machines and i dont think any person on this earth will look at its FE and be worried about it ..
Old 17th January 2006, 10:18   #37
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA
but i am sure thats enough to blow any other car on the drag strip (including Baleno and A-Z Zens). Also if Leela has reduced the weight of the car (which i am sure he must have) just imagine the power to weight ratio.
Lets not get too carried away here and go onto say that it will blow all competition .. There is a zen in bangalore which is running a setup that it will give leela's car a big run for his money every inch of the quarter mile .. And one for sure knows how the PTWR benefits on a zen when compared to a city .. I think only time will tell us and all we have to do is wait and watch ..
Old 17th January 2006, 12:18   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA
@ Mpower - Its turbocharged.

@ Z Classe - These figures are courtsey Leela.

yeah if it is at b'bay speedrun then fordrocam's ohc is gonna give it tough competetion
Old 17th January 2006, 13:04   #39
Senior - BHPian

Except for Open Class, Rocam and Leela will run in separate classes. Rocam will be up against JD Madan in the Evo, in the Indian Car w/ Foreign Engine class, while Leela will be up against Raj in the Indian Open.

Last edited by v1p3r : 17th January 2006 at 13:05.
Old 17th January 2006, 13:46   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kooldude
yeah if it is at b'bay speedrun then fordrocam's ohc is gonna give it tough competetion
Kooldude buddy, if Rocam is going to run with stage 1 mods he is gonna have 200bhp, wheras if Leela runs 250BHP, no prices for guessing who is going to win. Its a race between Citys after all and mclaren1885 i really dont see any baleno giving any threat or even a Zen for that matter but as you said time will tell.
Old 17th January 2006, 14:08   #41
Senior - BHPian

I have seen well tuned cars being taken down by stock cars as bhp is not the only equation that assures a win (have been on the recieving end myself), there is a lot more to racing than just power of the engine.(Simple example more power = more wheelspin = Higher ET's) Leela does understand that and hope that will bring his experience into play when the car hits the drag strip, listening to your comments all I can say is that he is still in the testing stages.

Laughing off other cars is also not the right thing as they may also come across as shockers, looking at the current drag scene there are quite a few shockers in the works as we speak and they will defn make a appearance on the drag scene in due time.

Hence I repeat again BHP does not mean a win and tuning is not just about getting the best bhp out of an engine but how that is put to the ground effectively both by the machine and the person who drives it.

Yes it will be interesting to see the Indian record fall by over 2.5 secs and yes time will tell and I sure am going to be there when it happens.
Old 17th January 2006, 18:28   #42
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
What ??? Efficiency ??? These two terms arent to be mentioned in the same sentence for such cars ..
i'm sure you've heard about "being inquisitive" more than once, forget these cars the other day i was wondering in what manner do our commuter planes consume fuel.

guess he just wanted to know, and so do i . . .

manson.
Old 17th January 2006, 23:35   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho
Yes it will be interesting to see the Indian record fall by over 2.5 secs and yes time will tell and I sure am going to be there when it happens.
I am guessing the ind record stands at 14 sec something.
Does this belong to KS motorsports who drove the 14sec blue honda city at speedrun. Or Does it belong to Mirza who drove the b-zen in bangalore burnout.
Old 18th January 2006, 00:11   #44
Team-BHP Support

doesn't anyone make cars that handle anymore...or is it all just straight line speed these days?

And listen to psycho, he speaks some sense when he says power ain't everything. Case in point is the latest Car&driver issue I am reading where there was a competition between people to get the quickest Acura RSX.

The C&D team car had the second lowest HP figure (233 at the wheels@8000rpm) and they did the quarter mile in 13.5 seconds. The most powerful RSX had 503 RWHP. So power ain't everything.
Old 18th January 2006, 00:24   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinclaturbo
I am guessing the ind record stands at 14 sec something.
Does this belong to KS motorsports who drove the 14sec blue honda city at speedrun. Or Does it belong to Mirza who drove the b-zen in bangalore burnout.
I think the current Indian drag record holder is Noor Mirza with 14.46secs with his E-Zen...wonder how the other VTec-Zen was slower than him!!! I think launch control is the answer to that...today everyone has bhp's but traction is begged for.

Last edited by The Wolf : 18th January 2006 at 00:25.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks