Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2017, 18:07   #46
BHPian

Re: Increasing the Ground Clearance

Thanks to Nikhil of Madhus, Langford Road, Bangalore today 17-Nov, I installed Rogerab for my 2014 K series WagonR VXi, not driven much will post feedback after completing some Kms.

Sanjeev
Sanjeev V S is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2017, 00:22   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
I have been using Rogerab Suspension Dampers on my car since around March 2016.
They are made of PVC and are affixed to the Coil Springs on the Yeti, both Front and Rear.
This, coupled with the higher profile tyres 215/65/16 as against 215/60/16increases the GC by approx 7-10mm.
Thanks sir for the info. I too was contemplating on my creta, purely for looks. So if I negate the additional 10mm you got from the taller tires, these dampers doesn't add much height then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjeev V S View Post
Thanks to Nikhil of Madhus, Langford Road, Bangalore today 17-Nov, Sanjeev
Hi Sanjeev, what is the improvement you got on ride height?
Old 3rd January 2018, 12:33   #48

Increasing the ground clearance of XUV 500

Mod note: Please use Search and continue in existing thread. Thanks.

Hi everyone

Need your help

I drive an XUV 500 (Sep 2014 model) W8 version. I am interested in increasing the ground clearance of the car. Unfortunately, upgrading the tyres is not an option as I just got a new set of Bridgestone Duelers about 2 months back.

I did some search and found that assisters in coil springs could help, so contacted few vendors and unfortunately they didn't have a solution for the XUV.

Request if anyone has got this done or aware of vendors who could help in increasing the ground clearance .

Thank you in advance!!

Last edited by Jaggu : 3rd January 2018 at 12:50.
Old 3rd January 2018, 12:52   #49
Team-BHP Support

For "increasing" ground clearance only easy way out is increasing the tyre size, but if you are ok with avoiding a sag in suspension inserts like Rogerab like mentioned above would help.

Get in touch with Madhu's am sure they would have dealers or contact points in Delhi also.
Jaggu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th November 2018, 17:54   #50
BHPian

Hi Jaggu ,

I have Altis and if it's loaded with 5 passengers and luggage then has tendency to scrape on speed breakers. I came across this product called Rogerab. Is it safe to get this installed without any side effects , please guide. They are offering free installation in Mumbai. thanks !

link to product https://www.rogermotors.com/productdetail/rogerab-duo
Old 28th November 2018, 00:18   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amolathalye View Post
...I came across this product called Rogerab...
This product is reviewed by few people in this thread:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...ension-38.html (Coil Spring Adjusters : VFM Fix for the Honda Civic's (lousy) soft rear suspension?)
androdev is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2018, 05:39   #52
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopa99 View Post
Thanks sir for the info. I too was contemplating on my creta, purely for looks. So if I negate the additional 10mm you got from the taller tires, these dampers doesn't add much height then?

Hi Sanjeev, what is the improvement you got on ride height?
What I meant is that the 215/65/16 tyres give about 5mm increase. And the rogerab dampers give an additional 5mm increase. So totally one may get 10mm. Thus the Yeti’s GC which is 180mm stock, goes up to 190mm. More than enough to handle our rubbishy broken roads and elephantine speed bumps.
Old 28th November 2018, 16:17   #53
BHPian

Hi Androdev ,

The earlier posts are quite old. Can anyone confirm how good it would be for Toyota Corolla Altis ( 2015 )
Old 25th May 2019, 22:29   #54

Increasing Ground Clearance for my i20

I own a Hyundai i20 Sportz 1.4 CRDI 2012 Model and have clocked about 56500 Kms. I have often been worried about the low ground clearance of the vehicle and have had a speed breaker hit the undersurface of the vehicle on several occasions. I was speaking to my mechanic at United Motors (Bosch) and he was telling me that he can increase the ground clearance by 20mm thus making it 190mm from the current 170mm. Any thoughts on what the consequences are due to this increase?

I absolutely love my vehicle and have had it for the past 7 years now and it has served us well and been trouble free.

Appreciate your thoughts and opinions on my questions.
Swing Singh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2019, 16:16   #55
BHPian

Re: Increasing Ground Clearance for my i20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swing Singh View Post
...clearance by 20mm thus making it 190mm from the current 170mm. Any thoughts on what the consequences are due to this increase?

I absolutely love my vehicle and have had it for the past 7 years now and it has served us well and been trouble free.

Appreciate your thoughts and opinions on my questions.
Increase in clearance will increase sway and roll. Something that may affect driving dynamics drastically. Additionally, the increase might put strain on the overall suspension elements (esp. shock absorbers - as the travel will increase). Has it started scraping recently? Or it has been since a long time. If it has started scraping recently, check your suspension. Change all rubber parts of the suspension. It may help solve the problem.
torquecurve is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2019, 16:57   #56
Senior - BHPian

The question is how will the mechanic increase the ground clearance?

There are spacer kits, there are aftermarket suspension kits and then there are desi jugaads. Which of these are you being offered?

And then the question is is it worth it? Scraping on a speedbreaker or two doesn't deal significant damage to the car. Also one can just drive slowly over it or approach with a crab like movement, moving diagonally over it. This avoids the need to alter the vehicle's suspension completely.
honeybee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2019, 17:07   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
This avoids the need to alter the vehicle's suspension completely.
+1. Drive slow, diagonally and carefully over speed breakers.

Old i20 isn't dynamically rich to begin with. Compromising the dynamics further to prevent one or two occasional underbody scrapes makes no sense.
Old 26th May 2019, 17:53   #58
anb
BHPian

What you need is a stiffer suspension, not increased clearance. A spring buffer cushion insert like Rogerab will solve your problem. Infact many Civics are running with spring buffer cushion insert to avoid the underbody scrapping.
anb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2019, 20:26   #59
BHPian

I had a 2011 Hyundai i20 petrol version. It would scrape its belly on some of the speed bumps. I went with Rogerab polyurethane buffer on my four spring suspensions. Two immediate benefits were - increased ground clearance thus preventing scrapes, and tighter handling. The tighter handling was a nice plus point.
catchjyoti is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th May 2019, 21:45   #60

Thank you all for the honest and insightful feedback. I will check on the Rogerab polyurethane and ask my mechanic at United Motors to fit those. That should solve the ground clearance problem for me.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks