Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2011, 13:47   #1066
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Hyundai Verna (2011)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
I wonder what FE it would give if you drive @ 1500 RPM, 6th gear, 80-85 kmph. KPS please share with us the FE figures, I am very eager to know these.
I just returned from a 650 kms round trip from Bangalore to Coorg. I got a mileage of 16.33 km/liter (full tank method) which decent speeds of 120+. The FE display in the car showed 16.6 km/liter. Hence the display on the car is reasonably accurate.

I did a round trip to the Bangalore Airport at speeds of 80 KMs just to check the mileage. From my home the round trip to the airport is 66 kms. The FE display in the MID showed 20.3 km/liter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma View Post
Ford is way ahead of hyundai when it comes to suspension and steering.
Sure Ford is better handler, no one can dispute that. The ANHV suspension set up is more geared for the Urban City setting than the Highway high speed setting. Steering is light and I personally prefer light steering.

Cheers

KPS
Old 12th July 2011, 11:16   #1067
BHPian

Dear Friends, I have taken the delivery of ANHV last Sunday. Its a 1.6 CRDI SX model. Will share a ownership review after driving it for sometime.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 2nd-gen Hyundai Verna (2011)-anhv_1.jpg  

Old 12th July 2011, 11:21   #1068
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydswift View Post
Dear Friends, I have taken the delivery of ANHV last Sunday. Its a 1.6 CRDI SX model. Will share a ownership review after driving it for sometime.
Congratulations to you hydswift on getting the 1.6 CRDI SX model, one more white fluidic in TBHP, looks very good. Guess now its time to change your handle from "hydswift" to "hydfluidic" .

Yes, eagerly looking forward to your ownership review. Also could you please share how much advance you had to pay, what was the waiting period, any freebies, accessories etc
Old 12th July 2011, 11:36   #1069
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydswift View Post
Congratulations.

White seems to be the preferred colour in the fluidic verna and it looks really very good.

How long did it take between the booking and delivery of the car?
Old 12th July 2011, 11:47   #1070
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Congratulations to you hydswift on getting the 1.6 CRDI SX model, one more white fluidic in TBHP, looks very good. Guess now its time to change your handle from "hydswift" to "hydfluidic" .

Yes, eagerly looking forward to your ownership review. Also could you please share how much advance you had to pay, what was the waiting period, any freebies, accessories etc
Yes, have to change from "hydswift" to "hydfluidic" :-)

I have booked the car on 14-May. So, it took 2 months approx. The advance amount was 75000. They have given floor mats, mud flaps and teflon coating as freebies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugeeta View Post
Congratulations.

White seems to be the preferred colour in the fluidic verna and it looks really very good.

How long did it take between the booking and delivery of the car?
Thank you. Approximately 2 months.

Last edited by Stratos : 12th July 2011 at 14:48.
Old 12th July 2011, 12:57   #1071
Senior - BHPian

KPS that is some good FE figures. As a fellow city mate I understand the airport run, which typically has about half city traffic and rest semi highway run. That is great numbers anything above 20 mark. Cheers. My friend just bought a Wine ANHV and it looks great. Have to get his FE figures as well. He has just done one run out of town.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPS View Post
I just returned from a 650 kms round trip from Bangalore to Coorg. I got a mileage of 16.33 km/liter (full tank method) which decent speeds of 120+. The FE display in the car showed 16.6 km/liter. Hence the display on the car is reasonably accurate.

I did a round trip to the Bangalore Airport at speeds of 80 KMs just to check the mileage. From my home the round trip to the airport is 66 kms. The FE display in the MID showed 20.3 km/liter

KPS
Old 13th July 2011, 00:26   #1072
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dionysus View Post
The wait is torturous, I booked my diesal verna in May and to be honest i doubt the order has been placed yet! and thats Hyundai owned showroom at Mathura road delhi.
Getting my ride delivered in another 3 to 4 days, seems like hyundai has acted on executing timely deliveries. Super excited!
Old 14th July 2011, 16:44   #1073
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

+1 to Hyundai on the pricing game.

See the All New Ford Fiesta Pricing .The ANFF comes at premium compared to ANHV

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post2429986

The ANHV might see an increase in bookings.

Cheers

KPS
Old 14th July 2011, 18:04   #1074
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPS
+1 to Hyundai on the pricing game.

See the All New Ford Fiesta Pricing .The ANFF comes at premium compared to ANHV

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post2429986

The ANHV might see an increase in bookings.

Cheers

KPS
When Verna Fluidic prices were revealed it was a similar reaction from many of the community members. It's too early to judge till many do a test drive and really see if it is worth the price.
prabhuferrari is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2011, 20:32   #1075
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuferrari View Post
When Verna Fluidic prices were revealed it was a similar reaction from many of the community members. It's too early to judge till many do a test drive and really see if it is worth the price.
Let us wait and see. The Verna has a fantastic price band. I do not believe the Fiesta is so superior to command a premium over the ANHV.

Sales figures will reveal the final outcome, I guess. Let us wait and watch.

Cheers

KPS
Old 14th July 2011, 23:41   #1076
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Let us wait and see. The Verna has a fantastic price band. I do not believe the Fiesta is so superior to command a premium over the ANHV.

Sales figures will reveal the final outcome, I guess. Let us wait and watch.

Cheers

KPS
I agree with you .. struggling to find the value points based on which the new fiesta would charge a premium -
- Looks - ANHV is likely to be appreciated better
- Power (petrol / diesel ) - certainly No, 1.5 ltr mill is geared for mileage
- Interiors - certainly not , seems like Ford wanted to make a 2 seater and rear portion of the cabin was added as an after thought so there is a sea of difference between the front and the rear. ANHV as complete package is much better.
- Features - ANHV is no pushover has much more practical features , Ford could have done better to cut some of the useless (IMO) features such as voice operated controls, steering drift control and cruise control and pass on the cost benefits to the customers.
- Build Quality - Maybe the ford is marginally better but the difference is not that glaring
- Handling - NFS supposedly scores over ANHV at high speeds but unfortunately neither the NFS engines nor the gear ratios seem to be tuned for the high speed adrenalin rush drivers, its for the average Ajay who is more likely to ask "Kitna Deti hai" so isn't this being over hyped ? On the steering feedback , one should ask how many cars are sold in India with light steering - the Suzuki, Hyundai, Honda , Toyota family are light steering pack . It does not seem that we Indians care much about steering feedback, what matters is how effortlessly we can steer in city street traffic.
- Cost of ownership and maintenance, A.S.S. - Ford is no match for Hyundai's. Even if its perception, as some ford users point out, it still reflects in the market performance. Hyundai is a stand out as a trouble free A.S.S.
Old 15th July 2011, 00:41   #1077
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Sales figures will reveal the final outcome, I guess.
I doubt there is anything to wait for the sales figures. What is left to see is "how many enthusiasts still bought this car" ! For me, Verna is above Fiesta in all respects except handling. And if Verna manages to sell a 4K every month [till date from launch], I don't think there are lots of people who thinks good handling is a "must" for a car.

Since I love a "driver's" car, I would probably buy a Verna and upgrade the suspension for better handling ! Anyone thinks / plan on the same lines?

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 15th July 2011 at 00:44.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2011, 03:13   #1078
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Since I love a "driver's" car, I would probably buy a Verna and upgrade the suspension for better handling ! Anyone thinks / plan on the same lines?
Its the only Achilles heel the verna possesses, but aftermarket mods can surely help. Afterall, we BHPians are nothing if not for mods
Old 15th July 2011, 07:16   #1079
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
.. struggling to find the value points based on which the new fiesta would charge a premium -
+1 Very well said souravc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Since you are in Kerala may be you could check out Pete's as they do suspension. Any information will be most welcome.
The thought did occur to me but some how I have decided to live with the current set up. May be when the newness of the car wears out Pete's could be an option.

Cheers
Old 15th July 2011, 08:37   #1080
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious

I doubt there is anything to wait for the sales figures. What is left to see is "how many enthusiasts still bought this car" ! For me, Verna is above Fiesta in all respects except handling. And if Verna manages to sell a 4K every month [till date from launch], I don't think there are lots of people who thinks good handling is a "must" for a car.

If you love a drivers car, Optra Magnum or Vento TDi are better choices than Verna IMO.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks