Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2011, 08:47   #31
BHPian

re: Volkswagen Vento Automatic - Terra Beige**EDIT: CNG kit installed**

have found out a new option to keep the carpet clean, a plastic cover is put on the carpet from start to end to ensure that the carpet does not spoil and the mats are put on top of them.

sounded good have gone for them.

shall post some snaps shortly.
Old 10th August 2011, 07:03   #32
BHPian

Hi Nvluv, is there any chance you can post some better pictures of the terra beige vento. There are not many of those around and I wanted a better picture to decide on my vento color. Hope you can help.
Old 31st August 2011, 12:37   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by plain.vanilla View Post
Hi Nvluv, is there any chance you can post some better pictures of the terra beige vento. There are not many of those around and I wanted a better picture to decide on my vento color. Hope you can help.
sure.. now that the sun god has blessed mumbai with its presence i shall post some pics.
nvluv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2012, 10:40   #34
BHPian

Its been almost 6 months since i my purchase, so her is a 6 month update:
  • covered almost 15000 Km, due for 1st service.
  • Have installed a JVC touch screen head unit and pioneer tweeters on stock speakers, the sound quality is very good (read much much improvement over stock) and picture quality is excellent.
  • CNG conversion well, have been thinking about it a lot and read a lot on various forums also during a recent visit to Thailand saw that almost all the vehicles were on CNG including altis, civic etc. and that to automatic cars, spoke to some people to understand if they faced any challenges post conversion. Now have made up my mind and will go for it post the 1st service. am to close to the first service so dont want to convert before it.
Generally have been driving around town, done a few long trips (200 KM one side), general feedback on the automatic is am very happy with my buy, its a breeze to drive in the city and a major boon in traffic am much more relaxed and arrive home minus the stress and fatigue. on the highway have found that in-case of aggressive driving it can be a challenge, some times while overtaking the gear changes more than expected, think need more practice.

No issue so far have been encountered. The average mileage in city is around 11.5. on the highway got an average of about 15 (don't remember exactly).

Last edited by nvluv : 7th February 2012 at 10:41.
Old 27th May 2012, 18:57   #35
BHPian

Hey,

Did you finally get a CNG conversion done?
Old 17th July 2012, 13:59   #36
BHPian

An update:
so finally after a year of debating, researching contemplating finally took the plunge and went in for a CNG conversion.

Have installed a sequential lovoto kit this weekend. drove it for 2 days around 300 KM. Initial observation not bad, does not lose much on pick up. have being driving around with AC, does not lack in pick up even on climbs i.e. fly over.

Will give a detailed report after 2 weeks of driving.
nvluv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2012, 23:37   #37
BHPian

So what's the verdict on the CNG #nuluv? Yours is the only VW I know, that's running on the cleaner fuel so would love to hear your report.
Old 7th December 2012, 20:17   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvluv View Post
An update:
so finally after a year of debating, researching contemplating finally took the plunge and went in for a CNG conversion.

Have installed a sequential lovoto kit this weekend. drove it for 2 days around 300 KM. Initial observation not bad, does not lose much on pick up. have being driving around with AC, does not lack in pick up even on climbs i.e. fly over.

Will give a detailed report after 2 weeks of driving.
Hi Nvluv, am very interested in knowing how the experience with the CNG conversion has been, given that I will be getting delivery of my vento auto next week. Where did you get it done and how much did it cost ? What kind of mileage are you getting now ?
Old 8th December 2012, 09:57   #39
BHPian

Congratulations nvluv, absolutely love the terra beige colour, had decided on the exact same colour and variant but ended up buying an ANHC AT, primarily because we have a Polo and interiors didnt feel any different IMHO, and secondly because I think the 2012 ANHC has a better ride though the Vento handles way better. And I love those paddles on my steering wheel!
Old 31st January 2013, 11:43   #40

I was wondering about Vento vs Rapid and what could be the main differences sicne both have the same specs. Rapid has a cheaper version and probably more service centres.
Old 22nd May 2013, 15:00   #41
BHPian

Sorry, have not been able to post for some time..

Here goes my 20,000 KM update for my automatic vento with CNG.

I had installed a sequential kit (Lovato) and have covered about 20,000 Km. Yes there is loss of power but it is insignificant. No issues faced till now.
Old 28th August 2013, 10:15   #42
BHPian

Quote:

I had installed a sequential kit (Lovato) and have covered about 20,000 Km. Yes there is loss of power but it is insignificant. No issues faced till now.

Hi Is the Lovato dealer Eco Fuel in Thane? Secondly would you recommend converting a Vento using sequential based on your experience.

I am also planning to buy a new Sedan but I am confused between Vento and City as City gives a CNG Option. But personally find Vento more appealing.
Old 29th August 2013, 16:53   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Sorry, have not been able to post for some time..

Nvluv, can you post some more details? What is your running cost after the change to CNG? Can you post a pic or two of the boot so that one can gauge how much usable space you have lost? What exactly is the impact of the "loss of power"? We know the petrol Vento lacks low end grunt- is this worsened after the switch to CNG? Or is it just that you take longer to reach peak speeds? Did you face any issues when installing the Lovato kit?

Reason I'm asking is with petrol at nearly 80/litre (and climbing) the running cost is becoming prohibitive. Would love to hear more from you since you are presumably the only Vento AT running CNG on the forum.
Old 29th August 2013, 19:43   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Nvluv, can you post some more details? What is your running cost after the change to CNG? Can you post a pic or two of the boot so that one can gauge how much usable space you have lost? What exactly is the impact of the "loss of power"? We know the petrol Vento lacks low end grunt- is this worsened after the switch to CNG? Or is it just that you take longer to reach peak speeds? Did you face any issues when installing the Lovato kit?

Reason I'm asking is with petrol at nearly 80/litre (and climbing) the running cost is becoming prohibitive. Would love to hear more from you since you are presumably the only Vento AT running CNG on the forum.
Hello NS,
Although this query is for Nvluv, I hope you don't mind me butting in. A few days back,TOI carried a news that CNG is going to get more costly.
Here's the link:- http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/b...w/21970098.cms

Hope this helps in you taking an informed decision

Regards,
Varun
powertrain is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th August 2013, 12:27   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
Hello NS,
Although this query is for Nvluv, I hope you don't mind me butting in. A few days back,TOI carried a news that CNG is going to get more costly.
Here's the link:- http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/b...w/21970098.cms

Hope this helps in you taking an informed decision

Regards,
Varun
Hi Varun (@powertrain)

Even if CNG becomes costly by Rs.10-11 as indicated by Gas companies, it would still be a lot cheaper to run than the petrol. For the two reasons:

1. It would still be Rs.20-25 cheaper than petrol.

2. Generally the mileage on CNG is 1.5-2 times more than Petrol, so if @nuluv is getting 11.5 on petrol, he must be getting 16-18 on CNG (in similar conditions) & almost double on highway.

Thus, CNG conversion would eventually be lower your running costs to half in worst case (projected scenario). Add to this, sequential kits are more reliable & lesser issues come up with them as compared to open/ closed loop kits.

The disadvantages are loss of boot space by 170-200 liters, & obviously, you cannot find CNG stations on highway.

One of my friends has got CNG kit in his city & manages 18 kmpkg in city (bad traffic) & almost 25 kmpkg on highway.

Hope this helps

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks