Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2011, 13:14   #16
BHPian

re: Volkswagen Vento Automatic - Terra Beige**EDIT: CNG kit installed**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
Very interesting. You plan to do a CNG conversion in an automatic car. I have seen or heard of it. However, its an interesting thought.

I have always thought that cars like CIvic Hybrids were pointless cars in India. Why not get an automatic Civic and get it converted to CNG. It becomes an CNG-Hybrid. I will be following your thread for sure now. Any plans of when you may be going for the CNG conversion?

Hi abhi,

plan to convert after covering around 5000 KM currently at 1500. Have however started discussion with the vendor of lovota in thane, have received a suggestion to go for sequential kit. The vendor has promised to provide a test drive of a sequential conversion he has done on a civic and a vento soon.
Old 22nd June 2011, 13:22   #17
BHPian

Congrats on your buy!

You could check out the CASKA / Witson for the HU upgrade. Would look OEM, have the sat-nav and offer LCD touch with reverse camera as an option. Your Vento will definitely look more upmarket.

I am not sure how an AT performs with an after market CNG kit.
Old 22nd June 2011, 13:53   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk007 View Post
Congrats on your buy!

You could check out the CASKA / Witson for the HU upgrade. Would look OEM, have the sat-nav and offer LCD touch with reverse camera as an option. Your Vento will definitely look more upmarket.

I am not sure how an AT performs with an after market CNG kit.
thanks JK,

actually was more interested in sound quality hence pioneer, OEM looks are good but plan to have a 2 DIN, 7 inch touch screen which would also gel well with the over all looks.

The CNG dealer (know him for many year he had converted by Accent 5 years back to LPG) mentioned that i wont even know the difference driving a petrol or CNG with sequential kit. waiting for a test drive to confirm this.
Old 22nd June 2011, 14:27   #19
BHPian

@nvluv

Thats wonderful! Please keep us posted on how it performs with AT. Would be a blessing to have a good CNG kit, when the petrol prices rise (even though global crude prices fall)
Old 22nd June 2011, 18:31   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvluv View Post
Hi abhi,

plan to convert after covering around 5000 KM currently at 1500. Have however started discussion with the vendor of lovota in thane, have received a suggestion to go for sequential kit. The vendor has promised to provide a test drive of a sequential conversion he has done on a civic and a vento soon.
Ah! You beauty.. I have though over and over again of doing a pilot project with Civic (maybe even AT)converted to CNG. It looks fine on paper. However, I have always shied away from it coz I haven't seen any live example or heard about it from some solid reference. Is it true that you need to bore the engine for sequential kit. If so, what happens if something goes wrong? Do we practically end up with a 'disabled car' ?

Anyway, judging by the confidence of the tuner involved, I think you should be fine. I'll wait and watch your outcome and then make my move. My purchase is approximately 6 months away anyway

Last edited by Abhi_Automobile : 22nd June 2011 at 18:34.
Old 22nd June 2011, 21:51   #21
BHPian

Congrats for the VW. It is raining Ventos on the forum nowadays. It would be really interesting to see the CNG conversion in an AT. Keep us posted about any developments in the same direction.
And yes more pics would be welcome.
Old 23rd June 2011, 08:39   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
Ah! You beauty.. I have though over and over again of doing a pilot project with Civic (maybe even AT)converted to CNG. It looks fine on paper. However, I have always shied away from it coz I haven't seen any live example or heard about it from some solid reference. Is it true that you need to bore the engine for sequential kit. If so, what happens if something goes wrong? Do we practically end up with a 'disabled car' ?

Anyway, judging by the confidence of the tuner involved, I think you should be fine. I'll wait and watch your outcome and then make my move. My purchase is approximately 6 months away anyway
hi Abhi
you are right sequential does involve boring the engine (from what i know). hence the reluctance on my part to go for the same however am awaiting the TD to see the performance. shall keep you posted on the developments they are some time away as do about 3000 Km in a month. Plan to have the whole thing sorted out between sequential / lambda kit by then.
Old 23rd June 2011, 08:42   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk007 View Post
@nvluv

Thats wonderful! Please keep us posted on how it performs with AT. Would be a blessing to have a good CNG kit, when the petrol prices rise (even though global crude prices fall)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian View Post
Congrats for the VW. It is raining Ventos on the forum nowadays. It would be really interesting to see the CNG conversion in an AT. Keep us posted about any developments in the same direction.
And yes more pics would be welcome.
Hi JK, shall keep this thread updated on the developments on the CNG front.

Hi Utopian, thanks shall do and shall post pics this weekend.
Old 23rd June 2011, 15:09   #24

Congrats! I have booked Vento AT in the same color choice yesterday. Seems the waiting period does not apply for Petrol versions and I was promised by dealer that car will get delivered in a week.

looking forward to getting the car next week!

Meanwhile eager to know about your ICE upgrade.
Old 23rd June 2011, 15:34   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
@pamishra- The Vento is cheaper, has one more cog in the gearbox, excellent build quality and automatic climate control. And some people prefer its understated looks to the AHNC's flashiness.
Add to that, the Honda soft suspension that's a major irritant for me. 3 Honda City's & a Civic in my building, all complain about the City bottoming out on full load & the Civic guy has stopped complaining & resigned to his fate. We also physically measured the GC of the Civic. Its fine but the two issues that result in the Civic bottoming out more often than not is the soft suspension & the longer 2700mm wheelbase.

Quote:
Hi JK, shall keep this thread updated on the developments on the CNG front.

Hi Utopian, thanks shall do and shall post pics this weekend.
Congrats nvluv. Am late in the day but welcome to the Vento AT club. My personal suggestion would be not to mess up with the engine. Not recommended.
Old 24th June 2011, 21:34   #26
BHPian

Here i am some snaps, more to follow tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Vento Automatic - Terra Beige**EDIT: CNG kit installed**-20110618-14.34.30.jpg  

Volkswagen Vento Automatic - Terra Beige**EDIT: CNG kit installed**-20110619-15.40.14.jpg  

Volkswagen Vento Automatic - Terra Beige**EDIT: CNG kit installed**-20110619-15.40.26.jpg  

Volkswagen Vento Automatic - Terra Beige**EDIT: CNG kit installed**-20110619-15.40.38.jpg  

Volkswagen Vento Automatic - Terra Beige**EDIT: CNG kit installed**-20110619-15.40.50.jpg  

Volkswagen Vento Automatic - Terra Beige**EDIT: CNG kit installed**-20110619-15.41.06.jpg  

Volkswagen Vento Automatic - Terra Beige**EDIT: CNG kit installed**-20110621-07.54.52.jpg  

Attached Images
File Type: bmp 2011-06-11 15.05.44.bmp (900.1 KB, 3714 views)
Old 25th June 2011, 01:42   #27
BHPian

@nvluv;
Congratulations alot on buying the New Vento AT.

I'm really shocked to see the absence of Leather steering cover & Chrome trim around the finger recess in its steering wheel.
Even one of the Vento AT of another tbhp-ian(blackdiesel) is not having Chrome accent around the Headlamp operating knob. Do check it out at yours vento too.
Though haven't seen such mistakes happening in any Polo yet.
This is really shameful for a company who always gives the excuse of their Quality control dept for their slow production.
Do try to get the Genuine Steering wheel of Vento Highline from VW, as you've already paid alot for that Quality product.
Old 25th June 2011, 11:00   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRtorquefan View Post
@nvluv;
Congratulations alot on buying the New Vento AT.

I'm really shocked to see the absence of Leather steering cover & Chrome trim around the finger recess in its steering wheel.
Even one of the Vento AT of another tbhp-ian(blackdiesel) is not having Chrome accent around the Headlamp operating knob. Do check it out at yours vento too.
Though haven't seen such mistakes happening in any Polo yet.
This is really shameful for a company who always gives the excuse of their Quality control dept for their slow production.
Do try to get the Genuine Steering wheel of Vento Highline from VW, as you've already paid alot for that Quality product.
i had noticed this ad has already raised with the dealer if you see my thread they are offering a few freebies in return, am going to talk to the dealer today to sort this out. shall keep the thread updated on the same.
Old 25th June 2011, 16:07   #29
BHPian

Quote:
i had noticed this ad has already raised with the dealer if you see my thread they are offering a few freebies in return, am going to talk to the dealer today to sort this out. shall keep the thread updated on the same.
Never go for any freebie, friend.
That leather wrapped steering with chrome finger recess is simply a work of art.
Its leather wrapping is so much well finished, that can rival a car of twice that price. You've paid for it & rightly, you deserve it.
Bring this issue into limelight by all means if VW makes any excuse for this.

Last edited by CRtorquefan : 25th June 2011 at 16:10.
Old 25th June 2011, 21:01   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRtorquefan View Post
Never go for any freebie, friend.
That leather wrapped steering with chrome finger recess is simply a work of art.
Its leather wrapping is so much well finished, that can rival a car of twice that price. You've paid for it & rightly, you deserve it.
Bring this issue into limelight by all means if VW makes any excuse for this.
i agree totally however all the new ventos do not have this so??????

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks