Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2011, 11:11   #76
BHPian

Re: My Turbo Beast: Laura TSI 2011 : CS

Hey Cedriscg,

I would also be interested in the Jabra Bluetooth with Aux out. Please share model and price.
Old 20th June 2011, 13:35   #77
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodred View Post
Thanks cedric. The dealer said change in rims will lead to issues with suspension warranty, hence went along with stock rims.
Interesting to note that the dealer said that. I upgraded to 16" L& K rims by swapping the 15" Ambiente ones with the dealer himself. Vinayak did not mention anything about that causing issues with warranty. I have fit 205/55 Michelin Primacy LCs on the 16" alloys and the ride has been amazing. Noramally one would expect the ride to be harsh with the lower profile tyres. But I can definitely say that the ride on these 16" PLCs is better that the 65 profile, 15" Goodyears. Had the Goodyears on my car just for one day, before fitting the PLCs. Plus these tyres are super quite. The TSI engine is so quite and NVH levels are so low on the car, that the din caused by the Goodyears just gets highlighted even more. Speedwise, Michelin PLCs are 'W' rated, whereas the Goodyears are 'V' rated.
Old 21st June 2011, 22:27   #78
BHPian

Rohit & Bloodred, don't have the model number on me. The price is Rs.2500. Also explore the Jabra Cruiser2. Voice Clarity is amazing.
Old 23rd June 2011, 09:35   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
Interesting to note that the dealer said that. I upgraded to 16" L& K rims by swapping the 15" Ambiente ones with the dealer himself. Vinayak did not mention anything about that causing issues with warranty.
I was really keen to change to wheels from Elegance trims. Though rims were available with him, dealer was categorical that once the stock rims are changed, Skoda will not honour suspension warranty as suspension is tuned for particular rim weight etc. A mail sent to Skoda on the ID listed on their website bounced back.

As I was ready to put money on the table and dealer was refusing it, tended to believe him and moved on with a tyre change only. Have had very bad experience with Goodyears in the past. I'm anyways pretty satisfied with PLC 15" tyres. They are superquite and comfortable.
Old 23rd June 2011, 12:39   #80
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I was really keen to change to wheels from Elegance trims. Though rims were available with him, dealer was categorical that once the stock rims are changed, Skoda will not honour suspension warranty as suspension is tuned for particular rim weight etc. A mail sent to Skoda on the ID listed on their website bounced back.

As I was ready to put money on the table and dealer was refusing it, tended to believe him and moved on with a tyre change only. Have had very bad experience with Goodyears in the past. I'm anyways pretty satisfied with PLC 15" tyres. They are superquite and comfortable.
Well, my dealer never mentioned anything about it. Plus the dealer also mentioned that a majority of TSI buyers were upgrading to 16 and sometimes 17 inchers. Hope this issue does not make make me regret my decision to upgrade at a later date.

I was under the impression that the Laura's suspension is common across all variants (as mentioned in the brochure & website), so if elegance can take 16" rims so can Ambiente. I don't know if the diesel Laura's suspension has been beefed up somewhat for the extra weight. Experts can throw some light on this ?
Old 23rd June 2011, 13:08   #81
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

I am not sure why the dealer refused to make the change. When I made an enquiry on Laura TSI, the dealer from Cochin mentioned to me (via email), that they will cater for the alloys update and stanley leather seats.
Old 29th June 2011, 21:22   #82
BHPian

All affected TSI Owners (Stripped fogs), email me your name+location+mobile number on cedricsg@mtnl.net.in

I am collating this info for a collective support to Skoda Aurangabad. Halla Bol
Old 30th June 2011, 10:22   #83
buz
BHPian

@ Cedric: Thanks for the effort. Hope something comes out of it. Sent you an email from my office ID. 'Brushing under the carpet' is what everyone is doing here, Skoda and dealer. The latest I got from them is that now that the fogs are in place, the car is being sold for 20k more and that they have emails from Skoda on that. Asked them to forward me those emails - silence... I think after your email if Skoda doesn't respond, it might be worthwhile moving consumer forum.
Old 30th June 2011, 21:57   #84
BHPian

I had been to the dealership and was told by the sales rep that all the owners of cars with stripped fogs are entitled to an additional discount of rs.20,000 if they make a claim as instructed by Skoda Aurangabad. Don't know how far it is true. Worth making a query to your sales rep for all Ambiente cars that were affected.
v.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2011, 08:44   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v.anand View Post
I had been to the dealership and was told by the sales rep that all the owners of cars with stripped fogs are entitled to an additional discount of rs.20,000 if they make a claim as instructed by Skoda Aurangabad. Don't know how far it is true. Worth making a query to your sales rep for all Ambiente cars that were affected.
Thanks for the heads up on this. Which dealership is this? TAFE has been totally silent on the issue.
Old 1st July 2011, 11:25   #86
BHPian

^^ It is Vinayak Skoda. I was never impressed with Tafe which makes big promises that end up with peanuts after money is transferred. If its an instruction from factory as told to me, shouldn't matter which dealer, unless the dealership tries to pocket this discount. Good luck Jatin, let us know the outcome too.
Old 1st July 2011, 13:18   #87
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatinganapathy View Post
Thanks for the heads up on this. Which dealership is this? TAFE has been totally silent on the issue.
Acutally the dealers have been very cunning in hiding this fact from the customer. They had been informed about this by Skoda by mail and had been advised to offer additional discount to the customer due to this omission. I happened to read this mail at Vinayak , who reluctantly showed it to me when we had an argument on this subject.

Vinayak knew all about this and still tried to mislead me to the extent of saying that fog lamps were never offered in Ambiente from day one. It all became clear to me when I read this mail.

See my below post on this subject

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2373813
Old 27th July 2011, 23:11   #88
BHPian

Still no resolution from Skoda on the fogs. My fuel pump though, had been replaced 2 weeks back. I had asked for a complete diagnosis, so I am aware on the reason for its premature failure. I am yet to receive this report. Have been out of the country for almost a fortnight, so need to check on this once I am back.

Glad to see so many Lauras (Sold as Octavias) in Germany. Was lucky to even spot a RS, that will hit India shores by Sep. It looks just awesome. Got the pictures on my Ipad, will have them uploaded shortly.
Old 29th July 2011, 08:22   #89
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedricsg View Post
My fuel pump though, had been replaced 2 weeks back. I had asked for a complete diagnosis, so I am aware on the reason for its premature failure. I am yet to receive this report. .
Sorry to hear about the fuel pump failure. Could you share the symptoms the car displayed that pointed towards the fuel pump failure? Hope Skoda and your dealer are proactive in sorting this issue out soon. Do post updates on your experience with Skoda A.S.S on the issue and their analysis on the reason for this happening in such a new car.
Old 22nd August 2011, 21:45   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
Sorry to hear about the fuel pump failure. Could you share the symptoms the car displayed that pointed towards the fuel pump failure? Hope Skoda and your dealer are proactive in sorting this issue out soon. Do post updates on your experience with Skoda A.S.S on the issue and their analysis on the reason for this happening in such a new car.
Symptoms, was plain and simple. The needle in the fuel gauge just dropped to E and refused to jump, even with a full tank. I must admit Skoda was very effective in solving this. Thumbs up to them for this. Skoda Aurangabad called me informing that the part reached JMD Kandivali, booked an appointment and the part was changed and all technicalities of the fuel pump was explained to me. So, I would rate my 1st experience of JMD Kandivali as good. Hope the subsequent ones, don't change my opinion about them. Received an analysis from Aurangabad, saying that it was probably the quality of fuel. I am not buying this and I am sure the pump was faulty. I always fill premium fuel from a reputed pump, and I am continuing to do so. As a precaution, I am using the following 2 measures while filling fuel. (a) Don't wait for the tank to be completely empty. Fill it at 50% levels. (b) Don't fill fuel till the brim. Stop it at the first click by the nozzle.

Most Viewed