Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2011, 10:27   #856
BANNED

Re: Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revintup View Post
Does honda provide HIDs?any idea of the cost?Cost is the only factor am saying no to HIDs
afaik the answer is no Honda does not. At the next level while the Civic has no HIDSs Altis has them on the higher models. However, I have seen quite a few Cities with HIDs installed by the dealers. I suspect these might have been 'part of the deal'.
Old 22nd September 2011, 10:51   #857
BHPian

Re: Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!

Hi all
Sending my ANHC (one year old) for first paid service. Run @5700 k.m. Give you the feed back once it return. Somethings i have checked from Opera House Mumbai for acessorries.

1. Door step garnish, Illuminated (Front with light and back is simple) costs around Rs.1800. It was not available with the dealer. Does honda sell this? Is it original.

2. In 'V' Model, music system already there and i am happy with it. Only thing is a navigator. First option is to buy a separate navigator, if so, which one. Otherwise buy a new multipurpose (music system cum navigator), which will be little costly, if so, which one and do i need to entire speakers system or only the dashboard unit.

Thanks
Subrat
Old 22nd September 2011, 11:12   #858
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subrat Seet
Hi all
Sending my ANHC (one year old) for first paid service. Run @5700 k.m. Give you the feed back once it return. Somethings i have checked from Opera House Mumbai for acessorries.

1. Door step garnish, Illuminated (Front with light and back is simple) costs around Rs.1800. It was not available with the dealer. Does honda sell this? Is it original.

2. In 'V' Model, music system already there and i am happy with it. Only thing is a navigator. First option is to buy a separate navigator, if so, which one. Otherwise buy a new multipurpose (music system cum navigator), which will be little costly, if so, which one and do i need to entire speakers system or only the dashboard unit.

Thanks
Subrat
Just get MMI or Satnav. I have MMI with a anti skid mat on dash. So i can take it to any car.
Old 24th September 2011, 13:41   #859
BHPian

Got the servicing done. Always not happy with the cleaning, be it is the body or interior. Running fine. First paid service costs Rs.2910.
Old 1st October 2011, 20:02   #860
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subrat Seet View Post
Got the servicing done. Always not happy with the cleaning, be it is the body or interior. Running fine. First paid service costs Rs.2910.
where do you get the service done ?

I've had a average experience in the cleaning front from Hallmark Honda once, though they were very prompt and efficient.

Just want to check if all these guys are similar.

Cheers
MKPI
Old 2nd October 2011, 13:16   #861
BHPian

I am with Arya Honda, Lalbaug. People are good and prompt. This is a general thing in Mumbai, i feel. I have experience with even Hyundai (my santro Xing).

Subrat
Old 2nd October 2011, 14:49   #862
BHPian

Quote:
Subrat
Honda's Side step illumination cost Rs. 9.959
All of Honda's accessories are priced highly unreasonable.
However the fit and finish is top class, but would not in anyway justify the cost.
How is the quality of this one and how will it be fixed without altering any of the OE electrical?
I know someone who purchased this kind of after market illuminator and it worked for a short time, then later he purchased from Honda
So please take care that you can get some warranty or something like that.

Quote:
Your 1 year usage is very similar to mine, but I paid Rs. 1,921 only for the 1 year paid service (oil change 998 + paid service 780 remaining for small items and taxes).
Please check my thread and also if possible please provide more details on your 1 year usage and experience.
This would be useful. What color and model (SMT/VMT) is yours and do you have an ownership thread here?

HC
Old 3rd October 2011, 10:31   #863
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habanero City View Post
Honda's Side step illumination cost Rs. 9.959
Ok. I have been looking for genuine products. Thanks, this is an eye opener for me. Would you mean to say Step garnish illuminated price is Rs.9959, genuine honda?

Your 1 year usage is very similar to mine, but I paid Rs. 1,921 only for the 1 year paid service (oil change 998 + paid service 780 remaining for small items and taxes).
Please check my thread and also if possible please provide more details on your 1 year usage and experience.
This would be useful. What color and model (SMT/VMT) is yours and do you have an ownership thread here?

HC
I do not have a ownership thread (my ignorance). I have VMT and Red Pearl. The first service included oil change, oil filter and servicing. Details i will give later, once check the bill.

Subrat
My comments are in bold.
Old 29th December 2011, 02:16   #864
BHPian

Dear Fellow BHPians,

Hope you all still remember me.

Right now I am at Alexandria,Egypt.

3 months of no internet connection-and away from Team bhp- it was unbearable. Now I got access to net connection.

Honda is not very common in Egypt-only Honda car i noticed was the 2012 Civic in the ad.It is mostly Hyundai,Daewoo,Kia,Chevrolet,Skoda,Renault and Toyota.

And our own Maruti 800s and autorikshaws too!!

Just view a few snaps-

A santro and autorikshaw-parked in a very Indian way!!

Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-santro-parked-ahead-autorikshawin-egypt.jpg

The historic Nile river

Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-river-nile.jpg

BHPians can even touch the pyramid tips-charthom trying

Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-not-only-rajanikanteven-bhpians-can-touch-top-pyramid.jpg

The sphynx receiving a kiss of appreciation on behalf of Team BHP

Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-yesthe-sphynx-deserves-kiss.jpg

A shippie-sitting on a ship of the desert-old habits don't die easily!!

Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-sitting-top-ship-desertin-front-pyramid.jpg

Meanwhile-back home the City recd the second service-the oil changed.The Missus is swearing by the great Ride that the City is-she is absolutely delighted by the driving experience.

And I saw the Brand New City-on Honda site-still ACC-less!! Life can be pretty humorous at times!!

Mates-I am yet to answer the posts after my departure from home.I will do it later on.Pardon me. We are leaving for Turkey soon.

happy New Year to all my beloved friends on Team BHP!!Love you all

charthom

Last edited by charthom : 29th December 2011 at 02:33.
charthom is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th December 2011, 06:05   #865
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
Dear Fellow BHPians,

charthom
Hey charthom !
It's been a long time indeed. Welcome back to TBHP.

Though I knew Bajaj rickshaws were/are being exported to some Asian/African countries - was pleasantly surprised to see it in Alexandria/Egypt.
Alexandria ! What a historic city - Alexander the great, Napoleon's Egyptian campaign port, - not to forget my colleague Rommel and his shenanigans near by there and ultimately leading to his route by ol' chap Monty (y'know - F.M. Sir Bernard Law Montgomery) somewhere near abouts there.

Nice snaps.

Good to note the progress of your Honda City. How is the ride quality vis a vis the back issue - for the LoH ?

Good luck mariner and have a fabulous 2012 !
Guderian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2011, 08:18   #866
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dear Fellow BHPians,

Right now I am at Alexandria,Egypt.

3 months of no internet connection-and away from Team bhp- it was unbearable. Now I got access to net connection.
I just read your post in Bluevolt's thread and replied to you there. Anyway, welcome back. It was indeed a very long time and I can't imagine how you would have spent 3 months without an internet connection.
Quote:
Honda is not very common in Egypt-only Honda car i noticed was the 2012 Civic in the ad.It is mostly Hyundai,Daewoo,Kia,Chevrolet,Skoda,Renault and Toyota.

And our own Maruti 800s and autorikshaws too!!
That is what I like about Hyundais and Toyotas. The former, though not global leaders in developed markets, is very well established in most developing countries across the world and the latter, a clear dominant player in literally every country on the planet.
Quote:
Just view a few snaps-
Nice snaps there. Hope you are having a wonderful time there.
arvi86 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2011, 11:17   #867
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderian View Post
Hey charthom !
It's been a long time indeed. Welcome back to TBHP.

Though I knew Bajaj rickshaws were/are being exported to some Asian/African countries - was pleasantly surprised to see it in Alexandria/Egypt.
Alexandria ! What a historic city - Alexander the great, Napoleon's Egyptian campaign port, - not to forget my colleague Rommel and his shenanigans near by there and ultimately leading to his route by ol' chap Monty (y'know - F.M. Sir Bernard Law Montgomery) somewhere near abouts there.

Nice snaps.

Good to note the progress of your Honda City. How is the ride quality vis a vis the back issue - for the LoH ?

Good luck mariner and have a fabulous 2012 !
Thanks a lot Guderian.It is great to read your posts as always.

Egypt will bring a lump to your throat-a legendary great culture,reduced to a few tourist gimmicks!! They even make money by making the tourists kiss ad punch the great monuments(see the snaps).And of course stealing and fooling them.

The gate of Alexandria is a toll booth!

However good roads.

Mate-the ride and handling is very good as per the missus-since she is now doing the driving mostly.On a few occasions of long drives in the back seat-she found it quite ok.Her back too has improved a lot by now.

Hope the Admiral is still as dutiful as ever.Could not spot him here. Renault Koleos was seen running around-as restless as a modern Egyptian.

Thanks for the wishes,Mate. Here are new year wishes for you too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvi86 View Post
I just read your post in Bluevolt's thread and replied to you there. Anyway, welcome back. It was indeed a very long time and I can't imagine how you would have spent 3 months without an internet connection.

That is what I like about Hyundais and Toyotas. The former, though not global leaders in developed markets, is very well established in most developing countries across the world and the latter, a clear dominant player in literally every country on the planet.

Nice snaps there. Hope you are having a wonderful time there.
Hi arvi86,

Thanks mate.Re internet-there are many things in life we all take for granted!
The connection that I have right now reminds me of the Hollywood movies where someone marooned on an island sending desperate messages.Slower than a bullock cart!

Here all those Daewoo cars-Cielo,Nubira,Lanos etc are common place.Even Matiz.

Mate hope all is well with you.

Here is Happy New Year to you too.
charthom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th December 2011, 01:16   #868
BHPian

A few snaps of the fantastic roads in Egypt.
Attached Thumbnails
Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-alexandriacairo-high-way.jpg  

Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-dscn0026.jpg  

Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-dscn0032.jpg  

Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-dscn0038.jpg  

charthom is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th January 2012, 00:16   #869
BHPian

Hello Mates,,

Wishing you all a belated happy new year. Self was out at sea on 31 and 1st.

Now at Tuzla bay in Turkey.

Hope to find interesting things here-already spotted an old Honda city on the road.

I express my deep felt gratitude towards my fellow BHPians for the affection and interest you have shown towards me in the past year. I am so humbled and
moved by your comradeship-fellows.

Together let us look forward to a great new year-fun filled and worth savouring.

Your humble friend,charthom.

PS:My internet connection is so slow-several attempts are required some times before a successful post..sigh!!
charthom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2012, 20:17   #870
Team-BHP Support

Hey Charthom,

Wish you a very happy new year! Great to have you online; best of luck with the remainder of your voyage!

My car had the 15k kms service today, check out the report.

Is anyone following up on your City's maintenance schedules?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks