Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2011, 20:54   #16
BHPian

Re: Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City

Bro - Congratulations again!!!
A tad neat review from you -as expected.
The car with Bold Beige colour looks cool and exclusive. It would be interesting to see the door sash moulding. I am sure your car is a stunning head turner on the roads. ANHC looks the best from 8 O'clock position; eagerly waiting for more pics when you get the ducktail spoiler installed.

I was bowled over when I had a TD of ANHC auto version but still I chose MT for my kind of driving needs. As per my experience I felt it to the best AT in its class. The paddle shifts are fun to drive with the highly responsive i-VTEC -its just marvellous.

The Honda OEM leather seats are indeed very nice and look high quality stuff.

Lets meet sometime soon for photoshoot of 2 ANHC's with ducktail spoilers afterall I am your dear cousin -right??

Last edited by RemingtonSteele : 17th July 2011 at 20:58.
Old 17th July 2011, 21:59   #17
BHPian

Congrats mdsaab, the city is a great buy indeed. The bold beige color is some thing even I have my eyes set on.

Was just wondering if getting the V-AT with orginal leather seats would be cheaper than the exclusive one.

I was informed by my sales rep (Honda dealer) that they can actually illuminate the rear side step garish as well (obviously extra cost but then it stays under warranty). Illuminated front and rear to certainly add more elegance to the car.

Would love to hear a City vs. Civic verdict from an owners perspective. I understand that the AHNC has a slightly lower ground clearance than Civic.
Old 17th July 2011, 22:04   #18
BHPian

@mdsaab: Welcome to the club. Nice review with good pics to back them up with. I agree with Arup.misra here as I got the side step garnish with illumni for my ANHC as part of free accessories and they do look real cool when lit up with that deep blue light.
Old 18th July 2011, 10:47   #19
Senior - BHPian

mdsaab

Congratulations on the latest acquisition!

Excellent report and great pics. I was more interested in reading about your negotiations, since you are the master at it.

Golden biege is my favourite colour on ANHC. Looks very classy.

Do you feel the the chrome in the Exclusive package is slightly more than one could like? I saw one V-MT with Exclusive package in my office with the chrome belt-line and I thought it was not something AWESOME, but looked good. Sorry, personal opinion.

Wishing you and your family all the best wishes and good luck!

Happy driving. Cheers!!
Old 18th July 2011, 11:13   #20
BHPian

Re: Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked!

@mdsaab,

Hearty congrats on your new acquisition. Well written,neat review.Thank you very much.

The car looks a stunner-as expected.

I hope you will post more photos of the profile,back and interiors after fitting the duck tail spoiler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post

Paid Accessories - Foot well Light Kit
Is it good?How much?

Quote:
found it to be a Feb 2011 vehicle,
Mine too-delivered on 4th June.I presume the production of Exclusive version stopped after February. I remember, a fellow BHPian writing that Exclusive was supposed to be limited edition and the SE informed him it was not available any more. I have no authentic information,though

Quote:
there are no pics of the rear yet, as the ducktail spoiler is yet to be installed.
Do post more photos of the car all around-inside out.The present one are very good-but are in too close up.

Quote:
Missing though are Leather door pads.
Presume you will have them done later.Remember to do the front arm rest too. There are detailed photos by bluevolt,kirantp and myself on my thread.

Quote:
The AT gears are extremely smooth and at times you can't feel the shift up.
I could never feel the shift up. It is like a dream for me.

I could see your tyres are MRF ZVTVs too-any plans of change/upgrade?

Enjoy the car and please post the Civic-City comparison in due course.

Cheers,charthom

Last edited by charthom : 18th July 2011 at 11:16.
Old 18th July 2011, 11:48   #21
Senior - BHPian

@mdsaab; great, crisp and long overdue review there! Also, I may have said this somewhere else before but good job on the bargaining part. I hope I learn a little bit from you; I am probably the benchmark for how bad a person can be at negotiating prices.

I am not really a fan of golden colours on cars, but this one on the City looks great. I absolutely adore those leather seats; I would like to get similar covers done for my ride too. I will check with Honda if they offer these as accessories.
Any highway trips yet?

Have you finalised your Jazz yet or waiting for the facelifted one?

Last edited by selfdrive : 18th July 2011 at 11:50.
Old 18th July 2011, 12:07   #22
Senior - BHPian

What a crisp review. So, another Honda is the garage huh? Seems like you have started the top-bottom approach on Honda cars. Civic, ANHC. Add a Jazz to the garage. That will complete the family .

Congrats on the new aquisition. Wish you many happy miles with her. Do update the thread as often as can be! Drive safe.
Old 18th July 2011, 12:51   #23
BHPian

Nice, crisp review mdsaab. I love this shade on the ANHC. Really looks elegant. Wish you many more wonderful miles with the beauty. Drive her safe.

And yes, those illuminated door sills and leather seats are very classy.
Old 18th July 2011, 12:55   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
I would like to get similar covers done for my ride too. I will check with Honda if they offer these as accessories.
Hi selfdrive,

I saw these seats as accessories, at Honda, recently-a car being delivered, had them on. Please check out bluevolt's post of snaps of these seats on his Venus,on my thread.

@mdsaab,are there any turning indicators available on ANHC, as accessories these days? Can you confirm?

Rgds,charthom.

Last edited by charthom : 18th July 2011 at 13:02.
charthom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2011, 12:57   #25
Senior - BHPian

Brilliant Write Up.

Please post some more pictures.

I got the Ducktail/Lip Spoiler on our ANHC as well.

Welcome to the City Club.

Last edited by cityvic : 18th July 2011 at 13:24.
Old 18th July 2011, 13:05   #26
Senior - BHPian

Note from Mod : Please do NOT use more than 2 smileys per post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Thread moved from the Assembly Line to the Ownership Reports sub-forum. Thanks for sharing!
Always a pleasure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by i<3turbo View Post
Congrats the car looks great i love the leather seats and the illuminated door sills. Good luck with it!
Thanks. the illuminated door sills are indeed a gem add on. It feels really special when you open your door after parking in a basement parking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
Ah, finally. The saab writes the much awaited review.

Congratulations. Or should I tell this to uncle? Nevermind, you can always convey! The City looks delicious. I am glad that you didnt go for the ugly chrome Goofy grills. The lighted side step garnish looks too cool. We would like lots of pictures going forward.

One question, we believe that the City comes with L series iVtec engine. Can you confirm that. All you need is to check the engine number and see if it starts with L.

Ok, another question! If you drive in S mode, with paddle shifters, does a display come up showing which gear is active, like the Civic?
Thanks Dot. Yes as per our conversation i decided to drop the chrome grill which comes up front on the nose. Infact a neighbour in my building has a Bold Beige ANHC with the nosejob and that too helped a great deal in pushing that accessory off the list, as i didn't like it personally. Plus with anymore chrome this car would look overkill, i think it's at borderline or may just have crossed it.
The illuminated side step garnish is indeed my fav accessory so far, it's going to get some stiff competition from the ducktail spoiler though once that's installed.
I will indeed confirm if the engine is an L series. i am 99% sure it is.
I have not used the S mode or paddle shifters as yet. But a friend of mine who has an ANHC did. and it does display the gear you are in, just like our Civic's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Congratulations on the ANHC mdsaab. That's a nice machine you.. err, your folks have got there!

That illuminated "City" step garnish looks wonderful! I'm sure it gives a nice feel!

Since yours is an Exclusive, isn't the front grill diff. - with that huge chrome helping? Or that is extra that you didn't opt for.

The window chrome beadings do look a bit too much though - way too much chrome, even for an Indian!

So, what is the accessories list?

Wish you (read : your folks) a wonderful ownership!
Thanks for your wishes bro. The illuminated City does indeed give you that extra special feeling. The chrome grill up front is not part of the package and we decided not to do the nosejob. and yes this car already has enough chrome on that anymore would be total overkill. i guess it's really Bollywood - that's why i called it Jhatak!
You mean the price of the accessories?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Woo Hoo! The most awaited ANHC ownership thread on team-bhp.

Congratulations mdsaab for your brand new Honda City. The pictures are very nice along with review, rating five stars.

Please do update the thread regularly with important updates and more pictures.

Wishing you happy and safe driving.
Come on now, i don't think everyone was really waiting for my 2 cents on the ANHC. But hey thanks for your extremely kind words. Makes me feel extra special and made my day too. Thank you! I shall update regularly, and as promised to you, the City vs. Civic comparisons will be posted too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Nice thread mdsaab; many congratulations...
Many thanks for your wishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuferrari View Post
I just came back from the test drive of ANHC AT. Yes it does show which gear you are in when you drive in the S mode.

Congratulations mdsaab. I just did the test drive and could relate to many points.
Thank you for clarifying on the S mode. and thank you for your wishes. Am really glad that you could relate to my post. I guess the old man(mdsaab) has still got it then.
Wishing you luck with your purchase decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fangface View Post
Congratulations mdsaab! This was an enjoyable read, and quite an impressive show by the showroom guys when giving you delivery of the vehicle!
Thank you for your kind words, do stick around, i hope to keep the enjoyable read going. I too was impressed by the delivery preparations. They really did take it one step ahead of when we picked up our Civic. Which was the same dealership BTW only a different branch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderian View Post
Hi mdsaab,
Congratulations !

I can almost smell the new car thanks to all the snaps and wonderful report. Great car and a great decision.
Of course - so now you keep the Golden 'Booty' and Chicca for the folks ?!! Naughty thought indeed.
Thank you for stopping by. and for your kind words. Please don't tempt me further. I had a long thought after reading your post yesterday. And that's just how it might turn out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delhiwarrior View Post
Congrats Mdsaab!

I must say that the color looks great. Great pictures, the sales people really spruced up your car with those decorations.

Leather seats and illuminated side step - WOW!

Safe driving
Thank you for your kind words. Do stayed tuned. Drive Safe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poitive View Post
Firstly - Congrats mate

A very practical vehicle which is even better value after the price cut. With your record, was thinking that they should have a special mdsaab-honda loyalty bonus. And sure enough you did mange that extra 'loyalty' bonus!!! ha ha

Interesting to note that with this list, including a Superb etc one buys a City. Talks of it's appeal; even with newer launches.

Symbolic importance of what one would to do the 'lemons'?

In our excitement, this is something most of us forget. To get the tyre pressure checked as soon as we get the car. It is usually too high and can cause accidents as overinflated tyres skid VERY easily. Am pointing this out for others who may check this thread before their new buys.

Congrats once again mate. Wishing your parents (and you) many happy miles ahead.

That comparo between City and Civic should be worthy of another thread. With a suitable title, it should get more people comparing it and would be a fruitful discussion for ones considering those cars.
Poitive buddy, thanks for stopping by.
Ha Ha! special mdsaab loyalty bonus ~ i really liked that one.
Yes there was a heady mix of some very capable saloons in there. It all boiled down to personal preference. and ofcourse reasoning. See my parents are just a couple. So the ANHC with it's generous legroom and more than comfortable width for two at the back or front. coupled with good fuel efficiency and a powerful engine. with a decent kit of safety features too. Meant that it took the cake, as a bigger car was not really required. And as you rightly said, it does speak volumes about the City's appeal.

Tyre pressure to be checked from outside after delivery is a very important practice indeed.

Thanks for your very kind wishes.

Will keep the idea of posting an all new thread in mind. Let's see how it pans out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Wow..Hearty Congratulations, my friend!
I read through your wonderfully detailed review and kept thinking "but Mdsaab was zeroing on the Jazz, wasn't he?" till I came across Uncle's pic and I re-read the first para again, and it suddenly became clear.

It's a great car no doubt, and a stunning one at that. I hope Uncle (and you too) enjoy it for many, many miles with absolutely hassle-free ownership.

Nice pics! I chuckled at the one where all the guys were furiously at work with the interiors of the City. And so much chrome! Enough to last for a lifetime!

A few queries -

What was the final OTR, btw?

Did you go for the Bajaj Allianz insurance outright? Or did you get the Honda insurance first?

Definitely. Though the front of the boot is stuffed with chrome, which looks like a bit of an overkill. It's like the design guys said to each other "let's throw in plenty of chrome between the tail lights for that exclusive bold look".

Oops..you already said it!

They should have got the ACC at least for the top-end AT by now. Even the new Fluidic Verna has it. Those manual knobs are a big turn off. Maybe the face-lifted City will have it, who knows?

Honda is clearly missing out on an important thing here. Rear door pockets is a must!

More or less like it's manual cousins, although the AT makes up more than enough for it's absolutely no-fuss city driving.

How light is the steering though? Does it give enough feedback, specially at higher speeds?

Waiting eagerly, specially for the City-Civic shootout from an owner's point of view.

Drive safely, and enjoy your passionate times with Honda!
Thanks Bro, yes that must have come as a shock as you were probably expecting a jazz. The jazz is for my wife and I to use as a small on the outside but big on the inside urban runabout. But now thanks to you and others on the New car thread, i decided to wait for the facelift. So till then, you have this thread to enjoy.

Yes having all those boys working on the car was indeed great. But they were all frantically trying to get her ready. She should have been so at 2:30 but it was past 4 before we started rituals. Hence i guess the whole PDI team must have been present.

You are right there is way too much chrome. AKA Bollywood JHATAK!

Final OTR is 11,20,000
Paid accessories, number plate, zero dep insurance extra.

Honda gave us free insurance.
You can opt for Honda Assure, Tokio Iffco, or Bajaj Allianz.
Opted for Bajaj, then upgraded the cover to include zero dep.
Well worth it, and lesson learnt from Chicca's time. You can read it on Civic rear ended thread if you wish.
I highly recommend to anyone and everyone, do opt for zero dep insurance it is definately worth it. Good forbid if anything happens, you pay only 500 processing fee. and nothing more. Insurance covers everything entirely, including plastic parts etc.

Will be answering all your queries and more in future posts which should hopefully be up soon.
And yes i feel ACC will definately be offered in the facelifted City.
Thanks once again for your kind words, do stay tuned.
yes the Civic vs. City posts will be coming up soon too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Mdsaab, Thanks for the excellent ownership review! And loved the pictures from the showroom.

Honda has a way with their exterior colours. It looks as exquisite as it sounds – Bold Beige, Urban Titanium etc

Footnote: Its raw injustice to your trusted Chicca. When she is in need (after the hospitalization) you abandoned her. Or maybe you left her alone to rest and recuperate
Many thanks for your kind words VB buddy.
Yes they do have a certain ring at naming their colours. i remember Chicca's is Alabaster Silver.
Chicca was driven around for about 2 weeks plus before the golden beauty arrived. And now she is taking it easy, especially since it's raining cats and dogs non stop here in Pune. Trust me she is thanking me for the much needed rest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele View Post
Bro - Congratulations again!!!
A tad neat review from you -as expected.
The car with Bold Beige colour looks cool and exclusive. It would be interesting to see the door sash moulding. I am sure your car is a stunning head turner on the roads. ANHC looks the best from 8 O'clock position; eagerly waiting for more pics when you get the ducktail spoiler installed.

I was bowled over when I had a TD of ANHC auto version but still I chose MT for my kind of driving needs. As per my experience I felt it to the best AT in its class. The paddle shifts are fun to drive with the highly responsive i-VTEC -its just marvellous.

The Honda OEM leather seats are indeed very nice and look high quality stuff.

Lets meet sometime soon for photoshoot of 2 ANHC's with ducktail spoilers afterall I am your dear cousin -right??
Firstly thanks for your kind words CUZ. Door sash and ducktail spoiler coming up soon. You are absolutely right 8 O'clock is indeed the best angle for the photoshoot. The OEM Seats are of high quality and look built to last. Very comfy too.
You bet 2 ANHC's with their ducktails will definately be making it to this thread. More on the ducktail ~ Cuz relation when we post the twin ducktails post.
Till then stay tuned and Drive Safe Cuz!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arup.misra View Post
Congrats mdsaab, the city is a great buy indeed. The bold beige color is some thing even I have my eyes set on.

Was just wondering if getting the V-AT with orginal leather seats would be cheaper than the exclusive one.

I was informed by my sales rep (Honda dealer) that they can actually illuminate the rear side step garish as well (obviously extra cost but then it stays under warranty). Illuminated front and rear to certainly add more elegance to the car.

Would love to hear a City vs. Civic verdict from an owners perspective. I understand that the AHNC has a slightly lower ground clearance than Civic.
Thank you. The BB colour is indeed a nice choice. I think the leather grade version comes with the Jhatak chrome with the price included. So what you will have to do is deduct the price of the chrome you don't want. it is possible to do so. and take a look at the accessories list when deducting the amounts so you know your sales rep is deducting the right amount.
Really thanks for that pointer, will find out if they can do it on mine. and get the rear ones lit up at the first service.
The City vs. Civic posts will be coming soon. I promise.
on paper yes, the city does have a lower ground clearance.
But when you are sit in them. The city cabin is much higher up from the ground. Yes you do have seat height adjusters on both, but i am speaking of it set at lowest in both. The City is definately taller inside the cabin. and it gives you that slightly more commanding view out the cockpit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirantp View Post
@mdsaab: Welcome to the club. Nice review with good pics to back them up with. I agree with Arup.misra here as I got the side step garnish with illumni for my ANHC as part of free accessories and they do look real cool when lit up with that deep blue light.
Thank you for your kind words. So you got the rear ones illuminated too, that's great. How much did they cost?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
mdsaab

Congratulations on the latest acquisition!

Excellent report and great pics. I was more interested in reading about your negotiations, since you are the master at it.

Golden biege is my favourite colour on ANHC. Looks very classy.

Do you feel the the chrome in the Exclusive package is slightly more than one could like? I saw one V-MT with Exclusive package in my office with the chrome belt-line and I thought it was not something AWESOME, but looked good. Sorry, personal opinion.

Wishing you and your family all the best wishes and good luck!

Happy driving. Cheers!!
Thanks Bro. and thank you for your kind words. Ok ok don't embarrass me now, i just try my best. thanks the colour choice is indeed great, and suits my parents very well too. Yes you are right, there is way too much chrome on the exclusive variant. Sometimes you appreciate it, and sometimes you do find too much on the car. as you rightly said it's a matter of personal viewpoint.
Thanks once again for your kind wishes.
Drive Safe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
@mdsaab,

Hearty congrats on your new acquisition. Well written,neat review.Thank you very much.

The car looks a stunner-as expected.

I hope you will post more photos of the profile,back and interiors after fitting the duck tail spoiler.

Is it good?How much?

Mine too-delivered on 4th June.I presume the production of Exclusive version stopped after February. I remember, a fellow BHPian writing that Exclusive was supposed to be limited edition and the SE informed him it was not available any more. I have no authentic information,though

Do post more photos of the car all around-inside out.The present one are very good-but are in too close up.

Presume you will have them done later.Remember to do the front arm rest too. There are detailed photos by bluevolt,kirantp and myself on my thread.

I could never feel the shift up. It is like a dream for me.

I could see your tyres are MRF ZVTVs too-any plans of change/upgrade?

Enjoy the car and please post the Civic-City comparison in due course.

Cheers,charthom
Hey Buddy thanks for stopping by, and for your kind words. Ducktail spoiler pics coming up soon, not installed as yet. It would set you back by around 10K tops. Which includes painting and fitment.
Congratulations on your car too. shall visit your thread soon. I must have been there already right?
Basically the car comes with leather interiors from Honda. and the rest of the Exclusifying is done at the dealership level. So yes the exclusive variant is very much available even today.
Full pics of various angles and views will be done soon too.
Wow there is way too much work maintaining a thread.
Tyres will stay stock for the normal wear duration, and then replaced when the necessary time comes.
City vs. Civic post coming soon. I promise.

Thanks everyone for your overwhelming response. And many kind words. Hope to continue the party in true mdsaab fashion.
Drive Safe!

Last edited by GTO : 19th July 2011 at 18:43. Reason: Please do NOT use more than 2 smileys per post.
mdsaab is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th July 2011, 13:32   #27
BHPian

Congrats mdsaab on your chromified ANHC. The door sash moulding gives the car a very upmarket feel. Regarding illuminated side step garnish, here's my word of caution. Please ensure that the person who washes your car dries up the door bottoms properly. These have a tendency to rust and i have got one set of mine replaced under warranty.
Wish you a million miles of happiness with the City.
Old 18th July 2011, 13:59   #28
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations!
Finally, Chicca got her sister while at the hospital.
It's raining ANHC now. Yes the engine is L15A7.
Old 18th July 2011, 14:06   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Always a pleasure!

Thank you for your kind words. So you got the rear ones illuminated too, that's great. How much did they cost?
They costed 13K which was part of free accessories kit they offered. The usual one (Front with LED illumi and Rear without LED) costs around 10.5K.
Old 18th July 2011, 14:35   #30
Senior - BHPian

Wow! That's one hot looking NHC!! Congrats!! I especially liked the interiors and the front. Post discounts it now looks like a true VFM car You can now enjoy the Honda iVTEC engines "unlimited" with two true drivers cars in your house!!

Quote:
Only one remote key. The spare does not have a remote and can be used to open the car manually.
Minor question but are you sure? I think there should be the spare key with the remote.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks