Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2011, 15:37   #121
Team-BHP Support

Re: Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maanspeedo View Post
I did change the stock alloys for aftermarket SSW Ruzz and YoKo ES100 195/60/15 and trust me the car drives like a Skoda now, Yoko's make some noise though.

Although I am worried if I have done the wrong thing as aftermarket alloy rims are almost always 15*6.5( mine are the same) , instead of 15*5.5 of OEM stock alloys, though some people said it is in prescribed limits,still I am very worried if its going to spoil my suspension , void some warranty ( suspension warranty ?), and showroom guys almost always gonna scare ...Any BHPians here who can give me suggestions on the same. please. Should I buy back my stock alloys ? :(
Do check with the dealer about this; a few others have gone in for aftermarket tyre upgrades without any problems so far.

I've found NVH levels decently low in my ANHC; and I drive on Gurgaon roads. Hope the tyre pressure is correctly maintained.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2011, 20:57   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
Great to learn that your parents are so tech-savvy and have great tastes. My regards and respct to them.
will convey the same. Thanks.

+1 to that. I completely agree with you. My 2000 Santro was so feature loaded,even the sales staff tried to discourage me from going for the top model. The only item I did not opt for my i10 is the Sun roof. Same about City. But I am reluctant for add-ons unless they serve serious puropse.
I would love a sunroof, but yes in India it is not practical. Would still love to have one though. BTW if the sunroof is factory fitted then it's ok. Else i would not recommend opting for after market ones.

Not any more! I have been left with only the Caska to hold on to!!
don't forget those lovely 3D Kagu mats. Lovely pick those too.
But I can always be of assistance in inquiring and getting rates to compare.
And if anyone of you chooses for any upgrades during your ventures to Kerala,can help too. Libran,welcome!!
Thanks!

I have weak eyes and difficulty in night driving-hence the head light upgrade. I felt responsible for the on-coming traffic so decided against the HID kit. With reasonable bright head light-I can once again venture on the high way at night-which was not the case before. If any collateral damage takes place-let us solve it then!!
I understand your reason for upgrading the bulbs totally. But even then dear friend, try to minimize night time highway driving. It's safer to travel by day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele View Post
The Philips Extreme Power 60/55W is definitely a brighter light. Its a bit whiter than current stock (may be due to higher intensity) but its definitely not white or blue tint for sure.
Do you know which one's are those bluish tint ones. I had seen then on a City and they looked fantastic.
Quote:
Sir, Been reading your ownership report and extremely happy to hear your comments on various aspects of this beautiful machine..
Thank you for your kind words.
I bought an ANHC Habanero red VMT on 22nd after 2 months of research, test drives of almost everything under 25 lac and many confusions...and I must say that it was certainly a great buy, your ownership report gives me more confidence.
Congratulations and welcome to the club! Trust me this car will not let you down or disappoint. It's a fantastic package. Maybe a little under equipped in the goodies department, but leaving that aside. It will certainly put a smile to your face. Take our word for it.
Few questions cropping in my mind so thought of asking you ,
Firstly , did you get this low humming sound in the beginning when you switched on the AC , I have been hearing this and service guys say it will go after 1st service , so just waiting.
No. Haven't heard any such noises. Very quiet operation, and at blower 1 you can't even tell the AC is on. Yeah, except for the chills on your arms. In the monsoon, this AC is an absolute chiller. I suspect the fan, does the sound go away after some time?
Secondly , did you get all the road potholes, breakers, stones get filtered into the cabin as noise and jerks...I can feel that a lot and though horrible mumbai roads may be the reason ,still I am worried a little about this NVH level.
Yes at low speeds the ride can get jerky. But me coming from the Civic. I think the overall ride is smoother with less undulations filtering through the cabin. Hey wait this part is for later in the upcoming City ~ Civic comparo.
That said, many folks have complained about noise filtering in.
Though personally i feel it is sufficiently insulated and gives you a nice not too sound deadening quiet ambience to be in. Overall i am quick satisfied with the level of jerks and noise filtering into the cabin. Not too bone jarring, or that dead sort of silence, which is louder than we think.

Lastly , I have noticed that you have gone all the way into accessorising your beauty , did you not consider a tyre upgrade to 195/60/15 and some cooler alloys than stock ones.
Actually not yet, plan to run these tyres till their due date. And regarding Alloys i liked the ones Honda had displayed in the Showcase. But the other day i saw a City on the road with them on, and they did NOT look good. Glad we didn't opt for them.
I did change the stock alloys for aftermarket SSW Ruzz and YoKo ES100 195/60/15 and trust me the car drives like a Skoda now, Yoko's make some noise though.
Sounds like a nice upgrade. and driving like a Euro / German is what we want. German ride quality with Japanese Reliability the perfect combo. Have heard the Yoko's are a bit noisy.
Although I am worried if I have done the wrong thing as aftermarket alloy rims are almost always 15*6.5( mine are the same) , instead of 15*5.5 of OEM stock alloys, though some people said it is in prescribed limits,still I am very worried if its going to spoil my suspension , void some warranty ( suspension warranty ?), and showroom guys almost always gonna scare ...Any BHPians here who can give me suggestions on the same. please. Should I buy back my stock alloys ? :(
Warranty could turn out to be an issue. And they may not honour it if anything goes wrong with the Suspension. About spoiling the suspension, perhaps someone could help us out here.
BTW what car did you drive before this?
Old 28th July 2011, 21:46   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Reporting Live from Fort Jadhavgadh.For those not familiar with the area. This is the same route which the palki takes every year on their way to padarpur. God has been kind to them. Since they go walking all the way. There is this beautiful ghat which is not very steep but climbs gradually. Got some nice twisties but a very mild and friendly ghat.
And what better way then to test the ghat waters of the the new City.
One word comment.Fabulous.
The eps unit weighed up wonderfully. And felt almost as good as the Civic. Body control was nice and tight. And again the City put a smile on my face.
Impeccable ghat manners, and great ability to absorb the bumps at higher speeds. It was a joy to drive.
Signing out. From Jadhavgadh.
Wow-nice real-time account. Would asking for a few "quick real-time snaps", sound greedy?

Quote:
I understand your reason for upgrading the bulbs totally. But even then dear friend, try to minimize night time highway driving. It's safer to travel by day.
Thanks ,mate,for the brotherly advice. I am so moved.

Please check out the snaps of the reverse camera on my thread.
Old 28th July 2011, 22:16   #124
BHPian

Thanks air for all the detailed replies.

Yes, Yoko's are noisy but not too bad , besides that I actually had not too many options except Michelin primacy , which is too soft for my liking and concerns about side pinch cut are there too.

, I used to drive a 2006 civic SMT before this ( till May 2011) , Logan before that for 2 years , Scorpio for a while , zen 1997 and Hyundai accent 2003.

On that warranty issue , I am still wounding what the ' suspension warranty ' might actually mean , has anyone ever gotten anything repaired under suspension warranty ? I went and changed tyres without fear thinking all this but then new baby and the thought about suspension issues to it sometimes creep in and scare me .
Old 28th July 2011, 22:40   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
Wow-nice real-time account. Would asking for a few "quick real-time snaps", sound greedy?
Sadly i forgot my camera
Realised this once there and had to make do with the camera on my phone.
Not worth posting.
If you want to check out a few pics. You can see some recce time posted snaps on the pune meet thread. Only of Fort jadhavgadh though, none of the road or car. You will have to search for it as it was quite a while back.

Thanks ,mate,for the brotherly advice. I am so moved.

Please check out the snaps of the reverse camera on my thread.
My Pleasure. I did an commented too. I think the install looks neat, and is much better than having 4 sensors in the bumper. Also the install is so good. that you had to provide a closeup else some might even miss it.
Old 28th July 2011, 22:43   #126
Senior - BHPian

Wow! The spoiler looks so classy I am glad it is not made of chrome like the ornament on the Etios. And the side strips also look nice. I didn't know they had this spoiler available. Is there one available for the Civic too? You could then get one fitted to your Civic to complete the Honda family!
Old 29th July 2011, 00:15   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
Wow! The spoiler looks so classy I am glad it is not made of chrome like the ornament on the Etios. And the side strips also look nice. I didn't know they had this spoiler available. Is there one available for the Civic too? You could then get one fitted to your Civic to complete the Honda family!
Thanks Mate! Yes anymore chrome on this particular car and i would start getting calls from Bollywood. There may be a requirement for such Jhatak Golden Beauties you know. I am not sure, there is one available for the Accord that i am sure of. But even if it was so. The Civic is going to stay stock remember. Let's hope i stick on to that. Everyone's comments are urging me to go ahead and deck up the Civic too. I know Libran has been bitten by the bug.
Old 29th July 2011, 00:29   #128
BHPian

@mdsaab,
Could you kindly mention how much did the spoiler cost. Your pics of the city with spoiler is stunning. Very elegant and clean.
Tempting to get one on our city too...
Thanks & Cheers
MKP
Old 29th July 2011, 09:05   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpiyengar View Post
@mdsaab,
Could you kindly mention how much did the spoiler cost. Your pics of the city with spoiler is stunning. Very elegant and clean.
Tempting to get one on our city too...
Thanks & Cheers
MKP
Thanks Mate! The Spoiler costs approx 10K, Which includes Painting and Fitting. You would also get a bill and warranty for the same.
What colour is your City?
Old 29th July 2011, 10:02   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, Yoko's are noisy but not too bad , besides that I actually had not too many options except Michelin primacy , which is too soft for my liking and concerns about side pinch cut are there too.
Why did you not try Michelin XM1+s? Many people are recommending them too-tyre noise levels are quite low.Just see FireBug's thread. He too has done tyre and alloy upgrade, recently-Installed Michelin Primacy. Also see if wingsoffires can help-he is in the process of looking for new tyres.

Quote:
On that warranty issue , I am still wounding what the ' suspension warranty ' might actually mean , has anyone ever gotten anything repaired under suspension warranty ?
Suspension warranty could mean that if anything is wrong with the suspension within the (ie.2+2) warranty period,they may repair/replace it free of cost.

Honda warned me that any modification,they will not honour any claims on suspension. To be on safe side,better to opt to change only the width-and aspect ratio as close as possible to the stock ones.

Anyway,your modification has been done-now let us enjoy the new ones and hope for the best

@mdsaab, in due course I may go fo the state of the art illuminations.BTW,you have not opted for the LED strip on the dash!!Not interested?

Last edited by charthom : 29th July 2011 at 10:04.
Old 29th July 2011, 10:21   #131
Senior - BHPian

I got a chance to see the LED light for the dash. Though not lit.
I did not really like the Black finish of the stick on. and hence decided not to opt for it.
If they had given some wood finish it may have looked better, with a nice warm orange glow. and plus it would have gone better with the Leather seats in the car.
Old 29th July 2011, 11:45   #132
Senior - BHPian

Folks the images of the Nitty Gritty's are edited to fit the size of under 1MB
However camera was acting up on that particular day, so the snaps may not be of high quality, the lighting on this overcast day was not that great either.

I have clicked a total of about 60 odd pics. But it has been proving to be very difficult to upload them all at once. and so i will upload then in 10 at a time format.

So here goes ~

The small yet significant things ~ Team-BHP Style
The Nitty Gritty's ~ mdsaab Style
Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City-img_0001.jpg
Decent space in the door pockets upfront for a 1 liter bottle. With still a little space left for other small objects.
Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City-img_0002.jpg
Here is a view from atop.
Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City-img_0003.jpg
A nice little cubby placed in the front armrest too. Pretty handy indeed.
Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City-img_0004.jpg
Nice silver finished, brushed aluminum look flows well with the door handles.
Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City-img_0005.jpg
Silver finish around the switches looks great too. and gives the cabin a nice feel. Electric adjust for the ORVM's no retract though. Driver window switch lights up at night which is nice. Also the window lock is a great feature, especially with kids onboard. Though a button for central locking would have been nice to have.
Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City-img_0006.jpg
A better picture of the Brushed silver look.
Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City-img_0007.jpg
Useful cubby under the driver side AC vent. They could have converted it into a cooled cup holder, which would have been nice to have.
Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City-img_0008.jpg
My Favourite Cubby in the dash. Very useful to keep things out of sight. Like your mobile phone and other valuable items. Please remember to remove your valuables before handing over the keys to the Valet though.
Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City-img_0009.jpg
The Cubby under the AC Vent is missing on the passenger side. Why Honda WHY!?!
mdsaab is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th July 2011, 12:37   #133
Senior - BHPian

Hi mdsaab,
Coming here after quite some time.
Nice snaps !
The brushed silver inserts look much better than the chrome parts like in the TFort. Wish the door latches etc of the TFort were of brushed silver finish.
That driver's side cubby space/hatch is for all your tickets, valuables and knick knacks etc. A space which for the passenger could be superfluous - I guess as these items wouldn't be stored there. And while driving alone this space is a boon as the items can be retrieved in a jiffy - so I guess it's missing on the other side.

So still having great fun with the golden babe is it ? Much to the chagrin of Chicca I presume.

Last edited by Guderian : 29th July 2011 at 12:42.
Old 29th July 2011, 12:43   #134
Team-BHP Support

Of all the utility spaces in the City, the one I've liked the most is the centre arm-rest. Man, it's huge! you can dump your wallet, shades and what not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
Silver finish around the switches looks great too. and gives the cabin a nice feel. Electric adjust for the ORVM's no retract though. Driver window switch lights up at night which is nice. Also the window lock is a great feature, especially with kids onboard. Though a button for central locking would have been nice to have.
I really hope central locking is included in the Citys to come. Does Chicca have it?

And 1 a/c-cooled chubby hole - wishful thinking!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderian View Post
So still having great fun with the golden babe is it ? Much to the chagrin of Chicca I presume.
Sacrilege! That's mdsaab's bro you're talking about!
Old 29th July 2011, 13:15   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
and so i will upload then in 10 at a time format
Nice ones.Waiting for more.

The puffy materials on the door pad can get dirty very soon-same about the fron central armrest. Please have them leather-clad,in your case,from outside,as Honda is not doing it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks