Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2011, 11:54   #106
BHPian

Re: Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
Consult RemingtonSteele-hope he will be able to help.

11K was quoted by Honda dealer.
Thanks Guys. I am no expert but did considerable research when I wanted to upgrade my stock head lamps.

BTW I love HID's if someone can give me free but the (8-13K ) cost to usage ratio for me doesn't justify it.

@mdsaab: People have reported the headlamps and the reflector blackening on prolonged and slow speed use of high watted bulbs.

I see the current stock bulbs are pathetic which are 60/55W.
I would suggest you to go for Philips Extreme Power 60/55W which gives 50-80% more light (company claims with pinch of salt, but they are really bright as they focus the beam throw) or you can check the similar OSRAM Night Breakers which are equally good. + you don't require any relay or wiring or extra ballast fitment. ++ they are Road Legal +++ NO Warranty Issues as they are same watts as stock.

You can ask Monaro CV8 & Jealous_Diamond they couldn't believe it was 60/55W during the dinner meet.

You can check my Philips Extreme Power 60/55W when we meet up (costed me Rs. 950/- for pair); I have been using it for last 8 months can per termed as satisfied.

Last edited by RemingtonSteele : 27th July 2011 at 11:59.
RemingtonSteele is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th July 2011, 12:35   #107
Team-BHP Support

Thanks for that info RS. I'm thinking of upgrading the stock headlights on both my Corsa and ANHC.

One doubt though -

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele View Post
I would suggest you to go for Philips Extreme Power 60/55W which gives 50-80% more light (company claims with pinch of salt, but they are really bright as they focus the beam throw) or you can check the similar OSRAM Night Breakers which are equally good. + you don't require any relay or wiring or extra ballast fitment. ++ they are Road Legal +++ NO Warranty Issues as they are same watts as stock.
How are the Philips ones bright if they are the same rating (60/55)?
Old 27th July 2011, 12:42   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Thanks for that info RS. I'm thinking of upgrading the stock headlights on both my Corsa and ANHC.

One doubt though -

check out the explanation in the below link. Its surely brighter than normal bulbs, but no match to 90-100w

OSRAM|Consumer|Automotive Lighting|Products|Headlights|NIGHT BREAKER PLUS|index
shamanth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th July 2011, 12:45   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Thats the technology they charge premiuim for -right??

Nishad actually its a good question.
I did some research on the same and found out following facts.

- Palladium-coated head and chrome-coated base (bulb tips are black anodised as in the case of normal bulbs)
- Special anti-reflex coating
- Improved geometrical filament design.(This actually narrows the beam throw than scatter and focuses the beam making it bright).
- New gas composition and adapted pressure
- Quartz glass with new optical finish

Checkout the urls for more info:
X-treme Power

X-treme Power: Maximum performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
check out the explanation in the below link. Its surely brighter than normal bulbs, but no match to 90-100w
I would actually rate it equal to 85/75 W bulb equivalent. (just for a comparision of ratings; such wattage doesn't exist).

Last edited by RemingtonSteele : 27th July 2011 at 12:50.
Old 27th July 2011, 12:51   #110
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I did some research on the same and found out following facts
Ah, I don't understand all of it but hey, it's good if it works!

Did you get them installed at Honda itself?

The plus points you've mentioned in that post, they are for the Philips Extreme power, right? Increased light, no relay, no warranty void issues at ~900, they seem to be a good bet.

Any chance they'll produce fogging in the HL assembly or any other ill-consequences?

mdsaab and you are going to be responsible for a significant part of my CC bill when I tend to my ANHC early next month!
Charthom's upgrades are beyond me right now but he'll get responsible soon too!

Last edited by libranof1987 : 27th July 2011 at 12:58.
Old 27th July 2011, 13:01   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Ah, I don't understand all of it but hey, it's good if it works!

Did you get them installed at Honda itself?

The plus points you've mentioned in that post, they are for the Philips Extreme power, right? Increased light, no relay, no warranty void issues at ~900, they seem to be a good bet.
These plus points are valid for Philips Extreme Power & OSRAM Night Breaker both of 60/55Watt same wattage as stock bulbs.
BTW Rs.900-950/- is very expensive for a bulb, normal bulbs cost Rs. 180-250 range (but still much much lesser than HID's).
Deccan Honda in Pune doesn't do it, but someone reported (??)Honda showroom in Bangalore doing this.

Quote:
Any chance they'll produce fogging in the HL assembly or any other ill-consequences?
Didn't find anyone reporting this yet.
I have been using it for last 8 months no issues yet, they are quite powerful due to which I use them setting 1 on non-divider highways & setting 2 in city.

Quote:
You and mdsaab are going to be responsible for a significant part of my CC bill when I tend to my ANHC early next month!
Anytime Dude.

Last edited by RemingtonSteele : 27th July 2011 at 13:03.
Old 27th July 2011, 14:41   #112
Senior - BHPian

Wow, a little while where I dont tune into Channel Mdsaab, so much happens on your new ride.
Loved the ducktail look. IMO, adds more class to the already classy City.
One noob question though - Does the ducktail help in anyway to secure the logo? Was it screwed in too, or is it still stick on?
Old 27th July 2011, 14:45   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
One noob question though - Does the ducktail help in anyway to secure the logo? Was it screwed in too, or is it still stick on?
@Swanand: answer to your query is below.

Quote:
BTW did you notice that the Honda "H" logo without the ducktail are screwed from inside and with ducktail they are flat rivetted from inside, so I would assume they are safe from flicking :-)
Old 27th July 2011, 21:07   #114
BHPian

Quote:
@Libran,

I fully accept the responsibility. and waiting for the revival of your thread soon.

Guys,

Don't know what will happen to my head lights.Reflector darkening,glass fogging-let us see.m I will keep you posted about any mis-haps.
Old 28th July 2011, 09:48   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
Nice spoiler. The finishing is good as the paint on the boot.
You have gone the complete distance with the accessories. I am few who do not touch the car thus VMT rather than E or S variants.

Enjoy the limelight. Cheers!
Thanks Mate! Trust me all these accessories are mainly due to my Parents. I have left Chicca in complete stock form. Not a single Accessory added or fitted anywhere. One thing i always believe in, and have told all my friends. Always go in for the Top model. You are spending so much, whats a couple of thousands more. You will not have any regrets later that you did not opt for the top end variant.

Quote:
Thanks Guys. I am no expert but did considerable research when I wanted to upgrade my stock head lamps.
If you have done considerable research, then i deem you an expert!
BTW I love HID's if someone can give me free but the (8-13K ) cost to usage ratio for me doesn't justify it.
Do you by any chance have a pic of how the HID's look, Compared to under 1K there is a huge price difference.
@mdsaab: People have reported the headlamps and the reflector blackening on prolonged and slow speed use of high watted bulbs.
I am on of them, the Matiz healamp glass is not clear anymore. Also once at the battery shop, they also do small electrical work. A car was brought in with the front headlamp glass all black. The bulb assembly was all deformed. That scared the **** out of me, and hence decided not to upgrade the bulbs to higher wattage in the future.
I like this solution, and it was pointed out to me during the Matiz time too. Is the light the same colour, or is it more whiter than the stock ones. Giving a Bluish sort of tint?
You can ask Monaro CV8 & Jealous_Diamond they couldn't believe it was 60/55W during the dinner meet.
I take your word for it.
You can check my Philips Extreme Power 60/55W when we meet up (costed me Rs. 950/- for pair); I have been using it for last 8 months can per termed as satisfied.
Look forward to meeting up soon.
Quote:
Thats the technology they charge premiuim for -right??

- Palladium-coated head and chrome-coated base (bulb tips are black anodised as in the case of normal bulbs)
- Special anti-reflex coating
- Improved geometrical filament design.(This actually narrows the beam throw than scatter and focuses the beam making it bright).
- New gas composition and adapted pressure
- Quartz glass with new optical finish

I would actually rate it equal to 85/75 W bulb equivalent. (just for a comparision of ratings; such wattage doesn't exist).
Thanks for this, gives a clear picture as to what the differences to the stock ones may be.
Quote:
mdsaab and you are going to be responsible for a significant part of my CC bill when I tend to my ANHC early next month!
The max i can do is offer my negotiating skills. Put me through to your sales rep and i shall help negotiate the price down for you!
Yes Charthom's upgrades are drool worthy. Time for all of us City folks to save up then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Wow, a little while where I dont tune into Channel Mdsaab, so much happens on your new ride.
Loved the ducktail look. IMO, adds more class to the already classy City.
Thanks Buddy! and Remi beat me to answer than Q. Thanks Cuz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
@Libran,

I fully accept the responsibility. and waiting for the revival of your thread soon.

Guys,

Don't know what will happen to my head lights.Reflector darkening,glass fogging-let us see.m I will keep you posted about any mis-haps.
I hope nothing so will happen, and you can continue using the higher watts without any mishaps whatsoever. Stay Bright & Drive Safe!
Old 28th July 2011, 10:28   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
Trust me all these accessories are mainly due to my Parents.
Great to learn that your parents are so tech-savvy and have great tastes. My regards and respct to them.

Quote:
Always go in for the Top model. You are spending so much, whats a couple of thousands more. You will not have any regrets later that you did not opt for the top end variant.
+1 to that. I completely agree with you. My 2000 Santro was so feature loaded,even the sales staff tried to discourage me from going for the top model. The only item I did not opt for my i10 is the Sun roof. Same about City. But I am reluctant for add-ons unless they serve serious puropse.

Quote:
Yes Charthom's upgrades are drool worthy. Time for all of us City folks to save up then.
Not any more! I have been left with only the Caska to hold on to!!

But I can always be of assistance in inquiring and getting rates to compare.
And if anyone of you chooses for any upgrades during your ventures to Kerala,can help too. Libran,welcome!!

Quote:
I hope nothing so will happen, and you can continue using the higher watts without any mishaps whatsoever. Stay Bright & Drive Safe!
I have weak eyes and difficulty in night driving-hence the head light upgrade. I felt responsible for the on-coming traffic so decided against the HID kit. With reasonable bright head light-I can once again venture on the high way at night-which was not the case before. If any collateral damage takes place-let us solve it then!!
charthom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2011, 11:14   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Is the light the same colour, or is it more whiter than the stock ones. Giving a Bluish sort of tint?
The Philips Extreme Power 60/55W is definitely a brighter light. Its a bit whiter than current stock (may be due to higher intensity) but its definitely not white or blue tint for sure.
RemingtonSteele is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2011, 12:22   #118
BHPian

Quote:
22nd July 2011
A rather fuel efficient day.
I started up the City in the morning, wanted to head out a little far for a nice drive and a good brunch. But first we had to fill up some fuel. After filling up a tankful, and resetting the trip meter the MID kmpl avg also reset automatically.
===================
And ofcourse the many posters whom we have never met in person, but continue to have a brilliant conversation with on this Fabulous Forum. A special thanks to all of you too.
Drive Safe!
Sir, Been reading your ownership report and extremely happy to hear your comments on various aspects of this beautiful machine..

I bought an ANHC Habanero red VMT on 22nd after 2 months of research, test drives of almost everything under 25 lac and many confusions...and I must say that it was certainly a great buy, your ownership report gives me more confidence.

Few questions cropping in my mind so thought of asking you ,
Firstly , did you get this low humming sound in the beginning when you switched on the AC , I have been hearing this and service guys say it will go after 1st service , so just waiting.

Secondly , did you get all the road potholes, breakers, stones get filtered into the cabin as noise and jerks...I can feel that a lot and though horrible mumbai roads may be the reason ,still I am worried a little about this NVH level.

Lastly , I have noticed that you have gone all the way into accessorising your beauty , did you not consider a tyre upgrade to 195/60/15 and some cooler alloys than stock ones.

I did change the stock alloys for aftermarket SSW Ruzz and YoKo ES100 195/60/15 and trust me the car drives like a Skoda now, Yoko's make some noise though.

Although I am worried if I have done the wrong thing as aftermarket alloy rims are almost always 15*6.5( mine are the same) , instead of 15*5.5 of OEM stock alloys, though some people said it is in prescribed limits,still I am very worried if its going to spoil my suspension , void some warranty ( suspension warranty ?), and showroom guys almost always gonna scare ...Any BHPians here who can give me suggestions on the same. please. Should I buy back my stock alloys ? :(
Maanspeedo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2011, 14:45   #119
Senior - BHPian

Reporting Live from Fort Jadhavgadh.
Sorry will reply to posts later from home.
For those not familiar with the area. This is the same route which the palki takes every year on their way to padarpur. God has been kind to them. Since they go walking all the way. There is this beautiful ghat which is not very steep but climbs gradually. Got some nice twisties but a very mild and friendly ghat.
And what better way then to test the ghat waters of the the new City.
One word comment.
Fabulous.
The eps unit weighed up wonderfully. And felt almost as good as the Civic. Body control was nice and tight. And again the City put a smile on my face.
Impeccable ghat manners, and great ability to absorb the bumps at higher speeds. It was a joy to drive.
Signing out. From Jadhavgadh. Catch you all later.
Drive safe!
mdsaab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2011, 15:30   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maanspeedo

Sir, Been reading your ownership report and extremely happy to hear your comments on various aspects of this beautiful machine..

I bought an ANHC Habanero red VMT on 22nd after 2 months of research, test drives of almost everything under 25 lac and many confusions...and I must say that it was certainly a great buy, your ownership report gives me more confidence.

Few questions cropping in my mind so thought of asking you ,
Firstly , did you get this low humming sound in the beginning when you switched on the AC , I have been hearing this and service guys say it will go after 1st service , so just waiting.

Secondly , did you get all the road potholes, breakers, stones get filtered into the cabin as noise and jerks...I can feel that a lot and though horrible mumbai roads may be the reason ,still I am worried a little about this NVH level.

Lastly , I have noticed that you have gone all the way into accessorising your beauty , did you not consider a tyre upgrade to 195/60/15 and some cooler alloys than stock ones.

I did change the stock alloys for aftermarket SSW Ruzz and YoKo ES100 195/60/15 and trust me the car drives like a Skoda now, Yoko's make some noise though.

Although I am worried if I have done the wrong thing as aftermarket alloy rims are almost always 15*6.5( mine are the same) , instead of 15*5.5 of OEM stock alloys, though some people said it is in prescribed limits,still I am very worried if its going to spoil my suspension , void some warranty ( suspension warranty ?), and showroom guys almost always gonna scare ...Any BHPians here who can give me suggestions on the same. please. Should I buy back my stock alloys ? :(
Well congratulations first of all. The humming sound might be from the fan than the AC. It will go away or you will get used to it

Low speed bumpiness has always been part of the ride comfort, it has excellent high speed ride and bumps are soaked in beautifully. NVH is better than others but I myself am looking for better insulation. I mostly drive in city and brief stints on highway nh8 thus tyres are adequate also results in amazing fuel efficiency. It has been said time and again about the car is under tyred but it still handles alright. Your must be sticking to the road like a chameleon and braking improved dramatically. I am no tyre guru but the real ones can help you.

Enjoy!
Sn1p3r is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks