Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2011, 03:01   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc
Congratulations !

Looks wonderful ! The interiors seem quite classy too.

Where is their workshop located?
Hey shuv,

Their workshop is located at the crossing of AJC Bose road and ripon street. 173 AJC Bose road to be precise.
Old 2nd August 2011, 07:39   #32
Senior - BHPian

Re: Driving under inFLUENCE - The stunning new Renault Fluence

Congratulations once again. A better camera is needed mate, as yours is the 1st Fluence on TBhp; Pictures don't do justice to your car...
Old 2nd August 2011, 07:41   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Dheeraj, congratulations on your new acquisition and wish you many million miles in this beauty!

The car is indeed a looker. I was thoroughly impressed by the sneak peek I got, though the SR guy told me he didn't have the keys to the display cars so I couldn't sit inside and experience it. Weird. Maybe I didn't look like a potetial buyer- his loss, not mine!

The beige steering is a bit of a shockand takes getting used to. I find the plain-Jane diesel interiors a little easier on the eyes though that variant is underpowered and lacks important features. You made the right choice- the CVT petrol is ideal for city usage which seems to be your main requirement.

And don't sweat the mileage- it will increase once your engine settles down and you should not expect more than 8-9 kmpl in city traffic anyway. Take her out on the highways occasionally and you should see a marked improvement.
Old 2nd August 2011, 11:04   #34
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the pics Dheeraj.
The interiors looks swell. And biege does give the roomy interior feel.

I was behind a DCi Fluence today morning in traffic and the rear profile looked awesome. Even that was white in color. The car was on temp. plates.
Even my wife liked the looks, but she did notice the black smoke out of the exhaust said it's a must no-no for a new car even though it's diesel

And look at that 5.3kmpl average figure on the console in the pic. Petrol-o-Petrol.
Old 2nd August 2011, 11:10   #35
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Dheeraj. Thats a lovely car you got yourself. Love the interiors. Please post some more interior picture with a better camera.

Wishing you thousands of miles of fluent nirvana!!
Old 2nd August 2011, 11:16   #36
BHPian

First of all congrats on the new Fluence!

This is one of the cars on my 'serious consideration' list, but I am waiting for some real-world reviews of the car on the road and post Sales experience before taking a decision. (All the Interest rate increases are anyway making me delay my decision to buy a new car, so hope to see plenty more info before taking a call! In the mean time, use the cash to part-pay the old house loan!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dheeraj23 View Post

... The controls for the phone and audio system are behind the wheel on the right.

Messed up right ? Not at all ! This is the most convenient and perhaps most ergonomically suited ! No i haven't been blinded by love, it really is.
I totally agree with you! Drove a Megan for 5 years with exactly the same type of stalk audio controls, and firmly believe it's much better having them there than having them on the face of the steering wheel.

Though I wish the horn on the Fluence steering wheel was placed within reach of the thumb, as this is especially important in India!

Hope you keep us updated with your experience during your first few services as well!
Old 2nd August 2011, 13:59   #37
Senior - BHPian

Lovely write up there Dheeraj. Congrats on the looker!
Happened to sit in one of the display cars, and to be honest, I was floored with the interiors. Reeks sheer quality. The Speedo is great to look at.
The diesel on the other hand, was a complete let down. Boring is the word.

Enjoy the ride, and as Noop said, give it some time, the mileage would climb up.
Do post your detailed report on what you like, and what could have been better.
Old 2nd August 2011, 14:32   #38
BHPian

Dheeraj: Welcome to Team-BHP.

Man you car is a stunner. Congratulations!
The colour is awesome, speedo looks fantastic, the dash looks great, the rear looks cool. Must say the car has a good road presence.
I have one doubt, from pics it seems like the rear headroom is an issue, could you confirm this?
Let us know more about this car with detailed analysis from your side.

Wish you many more Happy miles, Drive Safely!

Last edited by RemingtonSteele : 2nd August 2011 at 14:38.
Old 2nd August 2011, 14:48   #39

Congrats Dheeraj on your new car.

I am looking forward to your review about the CVT and hope it doesnt give you any trouble as I have heard very negative things about it, like failing within 100k kms, getting overheated on long drives etc.
Old 2nd August 2011, 15:13   #40
BHPian

Many congratulations on the beautiful car. It certainly looks great. With all the gizmos and well lit interiors it must be all the more fun.

Can you tel us about the service intervals and the NVH levels. Did you take her out on to the highways? Is the car planted?

Keep us posted and as others requested, more and more pictures please. Especially the dash and other interiors.

Drive safe!
Old 2nd August 2011, 15:39   #41
BHPian

Dheeraj,

The car is a stunner every inch.Very good buy. Thanks for the photos.

My query on the dealer experience remains now. Hope you will commend on it.
Old 2nd August 2011, 15:41   #42
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Dheeraj for the first in Fluence er on TBHP. I was in Yearcaud this Sat on a weekend drive and spotted not one but two of these beauties at the Shevroys hotel both in white and now I see the third one again in white (albeit in your thread).

I must say after seeing them in flesh I am really impressed by its design and styling. Surely French make some great head turners!! Dheeraj tell us more about your on road experience as it grows older in your garage.

One of the cars was a diesel and could hear some bit of clattering while on idle and in the 1st gear. Can't believe the same engine that of Micra/ Logan (souped up though) goes into this big beauty!!

The petrol must be much more silent I guess as I have not heard it myself. Folks anyone have considered the oil burner in the 'BUY' decision let us know your thoughts.
Old 2nd August 2011, 15:45   #43
BHPian

The car is a stunning inside out. Congratulations on your buy.

Can we get some more pictures?
Old 2nd August 2011, 16:13   #44
BHPian

Congratulations Dheeraj! The way you've put up the review speaks about the love you have on her. Enjoy your car & the ride!
Old 2nd August 2011, 16:30   #45
BHPian

Dheeraj, congratulations on the new in'fluence'r! Looks awesome! Though, as everyone is suggesting, click some more photos of the car against better backdrops. If you were in Bangalore, I'd have been happy to help you with that!

Last edited by nileshch : 2nd August 2011 at 16:34.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks