Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2011, 12:00   #46
Senior - BHPian

re: Turbulence and the Renault Fluence EDIT: 4500 kms & a few interior pics

Traction Control would hardly affect mileage, its there to stop wheel slip and comes into play only if it detects wheels losing grip. People turn it off on track days when they want to have some fun with their cars by getting the tail to move out etc
ethanhunt123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2011, 15:39   #47
BHPian

A fully dressed up Fluence coming up in November should help boost the sales up a bit.

Renault Kochi SE, Vipin called me up to see if I was still interested. I had TDed the vehicle and rejected only due to the bare basic diesel model. Said I'd take it when they launch the fully loaded version. But I have already opted for the new Jetta which will be delivered in a couple of days. Should I have waited? We all knew this was coming.....the sluggish sales chart recommended this from day one. Are you satisfied with the vehicle overall Rameshdude?
Old 2nd October 2011, 17:02   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by druk75 View Post
A fully dressed up Fluence coming up in November should help boost the sales up a bit.

Renault Kochi SE, Vipin called me up to see if I was still interested. I had TDed the vehicle and rejected only due to the bare basic diesel model. Said I'd take it when they launch the fully loaded version. But I have already opted for the new Jetta which will be delivered in a couple of days. Should I have waited? We all knew this was coming.....the sluggish sales chart recommended this from day one. Are you satisfied with the vehicle overall Rameshdude?
Yes, so far things are good. No sounds or vibrations of any sort. I have completed 1800 kms so far. Audio controls took time to learn. Power is adequate within city. Anything in particular you would like to know?
Old 2nd October 2011, 17:29   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameshdude View Post
Yes, so far things are good. No sounds or vibrations of any sort. I have completed 1800 kms so far. Audio controls took time to learn. Power is adequate within city. Anything in particular you would like to know?
Well, as a matter of fact, even i loved the way the car handled, rode and hugged corners during my TD. The power output was linear, the car was planted to the road no matter what type or even on "No roads". I just didn't like the idea of having to live with a boring fascia and dull interiors for the next 6-7 years.

Learnt the hard way that the exterior of a car don't matter much after the initial honeymoon however extended it might be. After a while its just the fascia and the minute interior details, aka inconveniences that keep pestering your mind. I truly enjoyed the 5 years with my Aveo, just because I loved the interiors and the soft suspension, ride and lazy behavior of the car. The low resale value did not bother me at all, even when I used and gave up a Fiat Palio before the Aveo. And mind you, each time I knew what I was going in for.

So, notwithstanding the fact that the Fluence is such a gorgeous car to drive and be driven in, and the mileage is WoW, I just couldn't get myself to settle on her. I knew I wont be happy with her. Had she been dressed up like her petrol sibling, I would've become another of the elite few Renault owners club of Kochi long back. I was pretty much dissapointed with Renault for not having done their market research well. Even though I knew this was coming, I couldn't say when, and waiting without a car or any mode of transport, indefinitely didn't make sense, since i had given up my old car when i got a steal of a deal. So, here I am, waiting for the delivery of the new Jetta which had been my secret love since it was launched last year in the US of A. At this juncture, of course I know I wont be going back on my decision, but was shocked that contrary to popular belief, Renault decided to upgrade the diesel so soon. Even the SE at Renault told me they wont be launching another variant for the next year at least. Of course he was trying to sell out his inventory.

I congratulate you once again on being the proud owner of a classic, no nonsense European car. Wish you many years of mile munching and if I were to spot the Fluence somewhere in town I shall know it could be you rameshdude.
druk75 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2011, 15:02   #50
BHPian

Quote:

Hi druk,

I just found this on the VW Jetta test review site

Stop-sale issued for Volkswagen Jetta and Golf TDI diesel models, recall imminent?
Rameshdude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2011, 03:28   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Hi druk,

I just found this on the VW Jetta test review site

Stop-sale issued for Volkswagen Jetta and Golf TDI diesel models, recall imminent?
Yeah! Read about it in the afternoon, and since then I am surfing the web for news on this. Seems to be a problem of engines built during a specific period and mostly dispatched to USA. Since the car was launched late here in India, have to wait and watch. It may or may not be an issue here, just like Toyota gate.

Hey, Btw today saw a new color on the Fluence...something like a lighter shade of VW's platinum grey of the Jetta, and it looked just fabulous, sitting in front of Renault Service, Kochi, in the twilight. And am seeing more of the car in the streets of Kochi. Even spotted two Koleos! Now I wonder who is so crazy about the brand Renault to buy the overpriced CUV (City Utility Vehicle) aka Soft-Roader from them. It looked petite in traffic but cute. No menacing front or butch looks.

Last edited by druk75 : 8th October 2011 at 03:36.
Old 8th October 2011, 07:36   #52
BHPian

Quote:

Hey, Btw today saw a new color on the Fluence...something like a lighter shade of VW's platinum grey of the Jetta, and it looked just fabulous, sitting in front of Renault Service, Kochi, in the twilight. And am seeing more of the car in the streets of Kochi. .
Hi Druk,
I have not been seeing much of them on roads ,and it makes me a wonder at times! I see one in RSC where i frequent.
But , the roads are still bad,and they are doing some superficial patch up. Traffic congestion too.Only time one enjoys the car is on sundays and on highways. the way they are repairing the roads,it will get spoiled in the next rain,and our cars would be damaged so easily. The way things are going,an off roader might be a good option !
When is your car delivery date? Wishing you all the best. Have fun.
Old 10th October 2011, 16:05   #53
BHPian

Yesterday saw both the Fluence and the Koleos displayed at Obe mall. Boy, the quality leap of the interiors in the Koleos is so much that now I understand why some well healed wouldn't mind coughing up the extra dough. I liked the interiors of the car so much. Also came to know about the offer available now on the Fluence diesel. For an extra 5 k you get park sensors, Stanley leather and mats and mudflaps.

You should talk to the dealer and try get at least some of it.

I plan to take delivery on this 20th. My car is already at the dealership. Waiting for that auspicious time according to my elders.
Old 10th October 2011, 23:01   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Yesterday saw both the Fluence and the Koleos displayed at Obe mall. Boy, the quality leap of the interiors in the Koleos is so much that now I understand why some well healed wouldn't mind coughing up the extra dough. I liked the interiors of the car so much. Also came to know about the offer available now on the Fluence diesel. For an extra 5 k you get park sensors, Stanley leather and mats and mudflaps.

You should talk to the dealer and try get at least some of it.

I plan to take delivery on this 20th. My car is already at the dealership. Waiting for that auspicious time according to my elders.
Hi Druk,
Yes,I am talking with the guys,trying to pressurize them . I bought good mats & mud flaps. Reverse sensor would be good add-on for me. 2000 kms check up is due this week,hope by then,they would feel some pity on me and offer those accessories ! Frankly speaking I am not keen on leather seats. Climate is humid,and one feels sweaty. I have Stanley leather on my Jazz, I feel the discomfort on some afternoons .

Do try to get a nice registration number for your car too. You got time,you can finish those formalities.
All the best again.
Old 11th October 2011, 22:28   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Druk,
Yes,I am talking with the guys,trying to pressurize them . I bought good mats & mud flaps. Reverse sensor would be good add-on for me. 2000 kms check up is due this week,hope by then,they would feel some pity on me and offer those accessories ! Frankly speaking I am not keen on leather seats. Climate is humid,and one feels sweaty. I have Stanley leather on my Jazz, I feel the discomfort on some afternoons .

Do try to get a nice registration number for your car too. You got time,you can finish those formalities.
All the best again.
Do not let go of them. If you press hard enough, I'm sure they will oblige....

And yes, I am working on it. Will try to get some good reg. no. Btw, I have almost finished all the formalities including the PDI from my side as per the indicators given in the forum.
Old 21st October 2011, 10:00   #56
BANNED

Hi,
First of all, I am a little too late to post on this thread. Just became a member.
With that said, i would like to know about the ride quality and performance of the Fluence.
Rameshdude and druk75, maybe you could shed some light on this?
Say, the diesel version with all the bells and whistles is launched soon. Would it have a stand against the all new Jetta?
Old 21st October 2011, 14:39   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frisson View Post
Hi,
First of all, I am a little too late to post on this thread. Just became a member.
With that said, i would like to know about the ride quality and performance of the Fluence.
Say, the diesel version with all the bells and whistles is launched soon. Would it have a stand against the all new Jetta?
Hi Frisson,

Fluence is a nice solid car . It is spacious and very comfortable too. It rides over bad roads smoothly. The power is adequate. Only in steep hair pin bends ,did I find it wanting for power. Otherwise for our regular highway and city drive,it is good enough. Yes, diesel Fluence with spruced up interiors and other gadgets would be a good buy.

Druk must have taken the delivery of his car only yesterday . He may soon post his views too.
Old 22nd October 2011, 02:30   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Frisson,

Fluence is a nice solid car . It is spacious and very comfortable too. It rides over bad roads smoothly. The power is adequate. Only in steep hair pin bends ,did I find it wanting for power. Otherwise for our regular highway and city drive,it is good enough. Yes, diesel Fluence with spruced up interiors and other gadgets would be a good buy.

Druk must have taken the delivery of his car only yesterday . He may soon post his views too.
Huhh, If wishes were only granted..... Ramesh, I am experiencing my subsequent delay in laying my hands on my lovely German darling. Had a small issue with the bank though they had approved the loan more than a month back!! Got it sorted out only today. The cash is ready now, so is the car. But I am travelling to Delhi for the F1 race tomorrow and taking delivery today just to keep it idle in the garage did not make sense. So now the delivery date has been pushed back to the 3-4 of November. But I intend to make the full payment tomorrow, lest the dealer gets any idea of bypassing me and handing over the car to the next in que.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frisson View Post
Hi,
Frisson, first of all, welcome to the best forum in the wold for anything automotive. Hope you enjoy being here as much as the rest of us, and I'm sure this forum will enhance your vista of knowledge a great deal.

Coming to the spruced up Fluence. Its going to be launched in November and deliveries in December. She a very good car, no doubt. Let down only by the dressing up part in her present avatar. Drive and handling is quiet good and she will not disappoint you if you wont look to racing with her. Road manners are confidence inspiring under most of the circumstances. But I did encounter a sizable turbo lag. And as Ramesh says, for most of your daily rides, the power is adequate I guess. But since my drive was a "Test Drive" and not a day-to-day drive, I did find it wanting in more places than one.

The Jetta on the other hand is much more fun to drive, handles a bit better and an overall better package. The Jetta to me is the complete car in the price band. This is solely my personal view which no body else shares. A loaded Fluence will be a better proposition than a Trendline Jetta. But stretch a bit and the Comfortline becomes visible in the horizon. Though, I must add, there are quiet a few bhpians around who consider only the TL a VFM product. CL was not worth the extra cash till you actually go through the ownership threads here and find out that the CL is quiet loaded contrary to the spec sheet provided by VW. And the HL is way too over priced. Anyway, my 2 cents is, that the TL is way too bare bones, the HL is way too overpriced and hence the CL is a no brainer.

I must also remind you that AFAIK for the price of a TL Jetta, or maybe a bit more, you will get a top line Fluence with an Auto slush box. How good or bad this is, is anybody's guess. But the reviews at launch mentioned the Auto petrols to be a tad boring and late and leaking precious horses off the engine.

Last edited by druk75 : 22nd October 2011 at 02:33.
Old 9th November 2011, 19:17   #59

Ramesh, Whats the latest on your Turbulence ? Hows the ride so far ? Any issues ? Hows the after sales service part ? Eagerly waiting for your update !
Old 10th November 2011, 15:18   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASTRIKX View Post
Ramesh, Whats the latest on your Turbulence ? Hows the ride so far ? Any issues ? Hows the after sales service part ? Eagerly waiting for your update !
Hi Astrikx,

I have completed 2400 kms so far. The car got its first check up at 2000 kms.
The things i liked were

*steering is smooth and easy,and it gets a bit firm on high speed

* the gear shift is easy too. Though the clutch is hard at times,but i can shift gear or drive in bumper to bumper traffic with the clutch pressed a little(maybe half clutch) and here,there is no stiffness.Only when i press down fully,do i notice the hardness.

*so far no rattles or loose fittings or any issues.

* noise level inside is very less.

* the ride is very comfortable and smooth. I can easily glide over undulent roads.

*cornering is good,hardly any body roll.One feels confident in taking curves quickly.

* the car really feels solid and the seating position is high .

* In city drive the mileage i get is only 12 kms/lit

* pick up is good( definitely not a grandpa's car as someone mentioned).

* i finally could understand and master the audio controls, located behind the steering,it is quirky !

* in after sales,i had given my i10. There has been delay from them,in giving me the new owners RC Book and Insurance paper for me to get the NCB. I got the papers only yesterday (close to three months after some nice lecture!)

* The senior personnel in sales and service are good and immediately attend to our queries and issues.

* A funny incident happened.I had been to a club,and told they club driver to park the car,and i walked in. Soon the security came looking for me. Apparently the club driver couldn't find the car key! (the smart key is located below the audio player).

* I intend to install reverse camera with night vision,ipod connectivity +blue tooth. The company product is RS 17K ! It is costly compared to ones available in open market.

* nice to hear about your interest,take care
Rameshdude is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks