Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2012, 14:33   #91
BHPian

Re: Fiat Punto MJD 90HP - The Story of 90 Fuel Burning Italian Horses: 9800 smiles so

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_turbo View Post

What I don't:

• Wish it had more power (even 90HP is not good enough for this tank).

Dj
Just came across RaceChip website. THey have a piggyback for 129 Euros.
Chiptuning RaceChip - Fiat Grande Punto 1.3 JTD 16V Multijet, 1248ccm, 66kW (ca.90PS)

It says it can boost the performance from 90HP to 114HP.
rajeshsundaram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2012, 14:37   #92
BHPian

Re: Fiat Punto MJD 90HP - The Story of 90 Fuel Burning Italian Horses: 9800 smiles so

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshsundaram View Post
Just came across RaceChip website. THey have a piggyback for 129 Euros.
Chiptuning RaceChip - Fiat Grande Punto 1.3 JTD 16V Multijet, 1248ccm, 66kW (ca.90PS)

It says it can boost the performance from 90HP to 114HP.
Thanks rajeshsundaram for the link, I actually have seen this and had a chance to get it thru a friend but decided against it. May be after 2-3 years or 75K Kms, I will look for modifications, or may be will buy a Skoda TSi and shift to Goa
Old 26th October 2012, 14:21   #93
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 29th October 2012 at 14:08.
Rufus_M is offline   Received Infraction
Old 22nd October 2013, 11:21   #94
BHPian

Hi guys
It's almost one year since I had checked this thread, maybe it's about time to revive it. Now I am planning to get the car from my hometown and already started looking at ICE threads for Punto. Suddenly I get to know from my father that the car doesn't start at all, the battery got drained out because of low usage. I called up Fiat RSA and they promptly sent someone to jump start the car. The car is fine now but the instrument cluster (or MID) is not working properly, only the speedo and AC information works fine (I have to get more details about it).
The bigger surprise came after that, when I checked to see if there is any other option after two years than going to Marudhara Motors as I wanted to get this issue sorted out and to get the car completely checked before I start the long journey. Then I came to know that now a days, there is not a single service station in Jodhpur, since the TATA FIAT JV broke. I knew about it but I thought that they will not just leave the customers without anywhere to go, till the time they open up their own service center.
In disbelief, I called up the service guys and first irritant was, I said I have Punto 90HP and I was asked, petrol or diesel: deadhorse
Anyway, I was told that incase there is breakdown, I will have to get the car towed to nearest service center, till the time they open a new service center in my city (and the nearest is 300 Kms) and I would have to pay the towing charges myself as the distance is more than 200 Kms.
If you look back at the buying process in thread, one of the reasons of going for Fiat and not VW was availability of local service station, so that in case of any issues, my father will not be troubled much. Ironically, now VW has a showroom and service center there and Fiat doesn't
To cut the long story short, I am praying there are no major issues before I start 2000 Km journey. Ofcourse, maintaining The Best Italian car is not a cup of tea for a small town desi person.
Old 22nd October 2013, 11:26   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_turbo View Post
In disbelief, I called up the service guys and first irritant was, I said I have Punto 90HP and I was asked, petrol or diesel: deadhorse
That is a logical question.

The petrol Punto 1.4 is also a 90HP technically.
Old 22nd October 2013, 11:31   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
That is a logical question.

The petrol Punto 1.4 is also a 90HP technically.
Oh, My bad ! Still I think the badgeing of 90HP is only for Diesel.
Old 6th November 2013, 16:30   #97
BHPian

Hi guys
There is a short update in this thread, The Punto has now done 20000 KMs. The milestone was achieved last night. The major plus points still remains the same, exemplary ride and "point and shoot" handling. I should have a long drive back to work location and I am really looking forward to it.
Update on the issue:
The battery drained again on the night before I reached back home and had to call RSA for jump starting it. I was asked to take it to the nearest service center (which is around 280 KMs from here) to get the complete electrical checked. I plan to do that once I am back to Bangalore. But the bigger problem is, after the jump start, the odo is flashing and Blue&Me is not working anymore. I checked on various forums about this issue and saw that this is quite a common issue being reports world over. As mentioned there, I removed the negative terminal of battery and connected it back after 10 minutes and it started working. But unfortunately it died again on the same day and even after keeping the negative terminal disconnected for long periods, it is still dead. I can play Tuner, steering control works (except phone and MS button) but can't play USB stick (Media Player).
I will get the battery checked outside to see if the battery is dead (the car is now 2.5 years old).
I checked the extended warranty and was quite surprised to see that Blue&Me is not included in it. Keeping my fingers crossed now, till then I will have a very long road trip without being able to play music with USB.

Cheers
Dj
Old 7th November 2013, 11:34   #98
BHPian

Hi Guys

I got the battery checked today, it is working fine and no-load, on-crank and charging voltage readings are fine. So next step is to get the Blue&Me checked on next opportunity.
Meanwhile, it will be helpful if any fellow member can share any similar experiences with Blue&Me and the resolution with costs.

Cheers
Dj
Old 10th November 2013, 10:20   #99
BHPian

HURREEYY !! Completed 2100 Kms road trip (Jodhpur - Bangalore) today early morning with on-road time of approx 31 Hours spread over 2 days
MID shows average speed 64 kmph and consumption 18.7 kmpl.
This time I did not go for high speeds but I just loved the pull in 5th Gear and it seemed that there is enough juice left even at 140 kmph, which comes handy while overtaking.
Other than dead Blue&Me (could burn only one cd and now all of us have memorized those songs) there was only one issue felt towards the end, the turbo was not kicking in even at 3000 rpm and even after shifting down to 2nd, car was not pulling properly.
Now looking at the service center options in Bangalore. Any preferred options here?

PS: The smile count stands at 22000 KM now

Last edited by dj_turbo : 10th November 2013 at 10:23. Reason: Smile count updated

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks