Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2011, 14:13   #16
BHPian

Re: My Tryst with Roaring Tequilla - Chevrolet Cruze LTZ AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Hi Rahul,
What is the FE you have been getting in Pune traffic? How much has your Cruze clocked now? Have you faced any GC issues under full load in the city or on the Highway till date? Any long trips that you have undertaken?
What is the FE you have been getting in Pune traffic?
- Currently getting FE of 11kmpl in city and 15 kmpl on highways. Coming to office early and going back late, so to avoid choc-a-bloc traffic (else FE dropped to 9 kmpl)

How much has your Cruze clocked now?
- Have clocked 7k kms (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...hot-cruze.html)

Have you faced any GC issues under full load in the city or on the Highway till date?
- Nope, but am always scared, as the GC is 165mm only

Any long trips that you have undertaken?
- Many, one of which is on TBHP (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...-photolog.html)
Old 28th September 2011, 16:14   #17
Senior - BHPian

Re: 7k kms ownership of Red Hot Cruze

A very well written review. And an honest one at that. Good to know that the car is living up to your expectation.

Your review is good but not great cause you have not uploaded any pics! Transform the good to great,soon.
Old 28th September 2011, 16:27   #18
Senior - BHPian

@Rahul - Congrats on the 7K milestone. And i know your Cruz also handles some very bad roads.

Would be waiting for the pics. As of i now i have seen your car only from the rear as i have always been following you on the route (you know what i mean).

I very much like the interiors of the Cruz and also agree with you that it attracts attention.
Old 28th September 2011, 17:17   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

re: 15K kms ownership of Red Hot Cruze-LTZ AT

Rahul, Congratulations on your Cruze and glad to know that my ownership review helped you decide on this monster.

The black interiors perfectly compliment a red cruze and looks beautiful.

Please keep updating this thread with your ownership experiences at regular intervals.

Happy revvin' and Drive Safe

P.S : I have merged your ownership thread with the new thread which you created today. Please use this one thread for penning down your ownership experience. Also, for any title changes, you can report any post and we can EDIT for you. Cheers!!!
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2011, 18:17   #20
BHPian

Re: My Tryst with Roaring Tequilla - Chevrolet Cruze LTZ AT

Beautiful car - I have always liked the Cruze (even more than the Fluidic Verna). I've heard that the resale value of all GM cars is quite low though as compared to Hyundai, Maruti, and others. Well, if you like the car, well it doesnt matter anyway.
Old 28th September 2011, 19:14   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12 View Post
A very well written review. And an honest one at that. Good to know that the car is living up to your expectation.

Your review is good but not great cause you have not uploaded any pics! Transform the good to great,soon.
Thanks sachinj12, attaching some random pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
@Rahul - Congrats on the 7K milestone. And i know your Cruz also handles some very bad roads.

Would be waiting for the pics. As of i now i have seen your car only from the rear as i have always been following you on the route (you know what i mean).

I very much like the interiors of the Cruz and also agree with you that it attracts attention.
Thanks Amit

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorguy View Post
Beautiful car - I have always liked the Cruze (even more than the Fluidic Verna). I've heard that the resale value of all GM cars is quite low though as compared to Hyundai, Maruti, and others. Well, if you like the car, well it doesnt matter anyway.
Not sure about the resale value. Cruze has been game-changer for GM in many ways, and its interesting to see the base engine that is being proceeded with by GM - both Beat and Cruze share the same platform and are positioned well. But yes, primarily I was blown away after TDing it. And very rightly, to each his own.

15K kms ownership of Red Hot Cruze-LTZ AT-dsc_1480_01.jpg
Somewhere near Dhom Dam, near Wai. Had gone for waterfall exploration at nearby villages

15K kms ownership of Red Hot Cruze-LTZ AT-dsc_1535_01.jpg
The rear is indeed awesome , pic taken near the ascent to Panchgani

15K kms ownership of Red Hot Cruze-LTZ AT-dsc_1422_01.jpg
The beast

15K kms ownership of Red Hot Cruze-LTZ AT-dsc_1104_01.jpg
Embarking upon one of the journeys, driver-under-apprentice taking over

15K kms ownership of Red Hot Cruze-LTZ AT-dsc_1482_01.jpg

15K kms ownership of Red Hot Cruze-LTZ AT-dsc_1590_01.jpg
The sturdy carriers, still dont feel like changing

15K kms ownership of Red Hot Cruze-LTZ AT-dsc_0688_01.jpg
Road less travelled

15K kms ownership of Red Hot Cruze-LTZ AT-dsc_0782_01.jpg
Diamonds on windscreen

15K kms ownership of Red Hot Cruze-LTZ AT-dsc_1473_01_01.jpg
Some picturesque village

15K kms ownership of Red Hot Cruze-LTZ AT-dsc_1477_01_01.jpg
Scotch-on-the-rocks

15K kms ownership of Red Hot Cruze-LTZ AT-dsc_2298_01.jpg
The dent near the fog lamp

15K kms ownership of Red Hot Cruze-LTZ AT-dsc_2357_01.jpg
@ Malshej Ghat MTDC

15K kms ownership of Red Hot Cruze-LTZ AT-dsc_2296_01.jpg
Side profile
rahul_sinha is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th January 2012, 14:42   #22
Senior - BHPian

Excellent pictures and the car looks smoking hot! I have always wondered how would black alloys look on a red/blue cruze. Perhaps any photoshop experts can render the same? Maybe with the same black alloys that tusharsethi has used in here.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...or-mods-6.html

Also, I will keep an eye open for a red cruze in Hinjewadi now
_raVan_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2012, 15:10   #23
Senior - BHPian

Excellent pics there saar! The red contrasts so well with the monsoon greenery
Did you do anything about that dent near the fogs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
I have always wondered how would black alloys look on a red/blue cruze. Perhaps any photoshop experts can render the same? Maybe with the same black alloys that tusharsethi has used in here.
_raVan_; I think one of the alloy wheel websites (maybe Neo) allows you to see how the alloys look on different makes. Dont remember if it also allows you to choose the color of the car though

Last edited by selfdrive : 25th January 2012 at 15:13.
selfdrive is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th January 2012, 18:35   #24
Senior - BHPian

Any recent updates on the launch of new cruze in 2012? Beeing absent in the autoshow and not in media for sometime, is it on hold now? I'm ready to upgrade my Elantra CRDI, but is confused between Cruze VS Jetta VS Laura (all AT).. BTW what is the service interval for Cruze?
Old 3rd February 2012, 09:44   #25
BHPian

Bumping this post, as I am nearing 15k KMs which means time for first paid servicing. Few things I have in mind
1. Synthetic oil (of course)
2. Paint protection (tired of teaching Car cleaners ) or waxing??
3. Thinking of rear door visor (one of the four visors was blown away somewhere on NH4 and I didnt hear any noise) - not sure if I will need to buy all 4
4. Underbody washing, cleaning
5. Wheel balancing and alignment
6. General checkup
7. A bit mulling on ICE upgrade - not so sure, but will love some suggestions (budget < Rs 20k)
8. Should I think of beige seat covers? (Stanley costs Rs 35k)
Anything else

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
Excellent pictures and the car looks smoking hot! I have always wondered how would black alloys look on a red/blue cruze. Perhaps any photoshop experts can render the same? Maybe with the same black alloys that tusharsethi has used in here.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...or-mods-6.html

Also, I will keep an eye open for a red cruze in Hinjewadi now
Thanks _raVan_. Black alloys look awesome man! Will do a PS tonight to check.

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Excellent pics there saar! The red contrasts so well with the monsoon greenery
Did you do anything about that dent near the fogs?
_raVan_; I think one of the alloy wheel websites (maybe Neo) allows you to see how the alloys look on different makes. Dont remember if it also allows you to choose the color of the car though
Balaji, I had given the car to a local mechanic shop(recommended by Pashankar Auto Sales guy) at PCMC - Rs 3k/- more than happy with the overall service. Gave it at 9am and collected back by 5pm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
Any recent updates on the launch of new cruze in 2012? Beeing absent in the autoshow and not in media for sometime, is it on hold now? I'm ready to upgrade my Elantra CRDI, but is confused between Cruze VS Jetta VS Laura (all AT).. BTW what is the service interval for Cruze?
As per 2012 Cruze, had read somewhere they are planning to upgrade to 180bhp from current 150bhp, not sure though - didn't see anything on Auto Expo as well.
Free service: 1k, 5k and 10k kms - no oil change & no service charge, just a general check up and oil top up if needed. Till now (@14k kms) I didnt need any oil top up and service charges have been NIL with full body wash, interior vacuum, underbody cleaning and wheel alignment.
Thumb rule: Make a list of priorities that you would like/want from your car and Test Drive all of them and then rate on the priorities.
rahul_sinha is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2012, 09:51   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_sinha View Post
Thanks _raVan_. Black alloys look awesome man! Will do a PS tonight to check.
And do post the final pic here too Also, update the thread title to 15k kms ownership now
Old 3rd February 2012, 10:12   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Bumping this post, as I am nearing 15k KMs which means time for first paid servicing. Few things I have in mind
1. Synthetic oil (of course)
2. Paint protection (tired of teaching Car cleaners ) or waxing??
3. Thinking of rear door visor (one of the four visors was blown away somewhere on NH4 and I didnt hear any noise) - not sure if I will need to buy all 4
4. Underbody washing, cleaning
5. Wheel balancing and alignment
6. General checkup
7. A bit mulling on ICE upgrade - not so sure, but will love some suggestions (budget < Rs 20k)
8. Should I think of beige seat covers? (Stanley costs Rs 35k)
Anything else
Here is my feedback

1. Cruze comes with Synthetic oil from begining. So they will use the same. Expect the cost of oil only to be around 7K

2. Teflon coating so early isnt really required. Get it done at 30K kms

3. I think you will get single pieces for the visor

4. That will be done even if you dont say it

5. I recommend get it done from outside from a reputed shop

8, 9. Depends on your budget and choice

Expect the 15K service bill around 10K. Mine was much lesser though

Hope this helps !!
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2012, 11:11   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 15K kms ownership of Red Hot Cruze-LTZ AT

Rahul, just happened on this thread today and congratulations on your red hot car and review! Yours must easily be among the hottest looking car in Hinjewadi, and really easy to spot too

Mobike has covered pretty much all your queries but allow me to add a few more points-
Paint protection: You can try going to the 3M car care centre on Baner Pashan Link Road and check out their options. Members like ajay_satpute and moralfibre have rated their services highly. Your car looks lovely and you will need to take care of it to keep it that way!
ICE upgrade: How good is the stock HU on the Cruze? If it has the bells and whistles you could treat yourself to an amp and woofer and some cool components! Do look up the ICE section: it helped me immensely when I recently upgraded my Swift's speakers.
Beige seat covers: NO! Why do you want to do this? Black is beautiful- stick to it!
Get matte black alloys instead- give it an even more deadly black look!
Old 3rd February 2012, 11:46   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Rahul, just happened on this thread today and congratulations on your red hot car and review! Yours must easily be among the hottest looking car in Hinjewadi, and really easy to spot too

Mobike has covered pretty much all your queries but allow me to add a few more points-
Paint protection: You can try going to the 3M car care centre on Baner Pashan Link Road and check out their options. Members like ajay_satpute and moralfibre have rated their services highly. Your car looks lovely and you will need to take care of it to keep it that way!
ICE upgrade: How good is the stock HU on the Cruze? If it has the bells and whistles you could treat yourself to an amp and woofer and some cool components! Do look up the ICE section: it helped me immensely when I recently upgraded my Swift's speakers.
Beige seat covers: NO! Why do you want to do this? Black is beautiful- stick to it!
Get matte black alloys instead- give it an even more deadly black look!
Thanks noopster. Will check with 3M car care, have been a regular at CarAx though. Honestly I am not too big music buff, but stock speakers suck at high bass - so in two minds - go for big bang (and big bucks ) or just upgrade the speakers.
Regarding seat covers, I think its to do with still an Alto mindset, I guess (first investment was seat covers). Will think over it, though Stanley price tag will surely show me the door
Old 3rd February 2012, 11:57   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks noopster. Will check with 3M car care, have been a regular at CarAx though. Honestly I am not too big music buff, but stock speakers suck at high bass - so in two minds - go for big bang (and big bucks ) or just upgrade the speakers.
Regarding seat covers, I think its to do with still an Alto mindset, I guess (first investment was seat covers). Will think over it, though Stanley price tag will surely show me the door
I agree with noop here especially about the seat covers. Those black ones look great against the exterior colour. I am not sure beige would be such a great option for you here.
As for the ICE setup, I am sure you are forewarned. The moment you start looking at those threads, you will be sorely tempted, your budget goes for a toss and you overhaul everything. So better start off with the speakers and then look at that section. Unless you want to reallocate your seat cover budget there
selfdrive is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks